Buckbacon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
SYNOPSIS
You are John Q, a polite femboy SPECIAL INVESTIGATOR from space. Explore CAPITAL, a planet full of ageless citizens driven mad by mysterious and rapidly changing market forces. Use your special psychometric ability THE B-SIDE to explore the history of objects and piece together the mysteries of CAPITAL.

GAMEPLAY
Yume-Niki-styled exploration, only instead of guiding a protagonist through their own emotional trauma, you're a tourist to the collective trauma of an entire planet. Also it's funny.

You've been sent to this planet by the galactic government to solve a mystery, but you'll only be able to do so by befriending the curious locals and helping them through their daily struggles. A global stock market report is randomly generated every day, which determines which NPCs are living large and which ones are living under the overpass. In addition to more important NPCs, there is also a planet full of average joes and joans who are all trying to just go on living as best they can. Whenever you enter a new map, NPCs are procedurally generated into the area. In addition, each NPC has a dialogue engine which determines which map they're in, what time of day it is, and whether or not there's any plot-specific things going on before giving you appropriate conversation! Also there are vending machines that sell cats.

SCREENSHOTS
Screen2.png
Screen3.png
Screen4.png
Screen6.png

CONTROLS
  • Arrow Keys to Move
  • CTRL to Sneak
  • ESC to Use Watch
ABOUT
Influenced by Vaporwave, Deadly Premonition, and a general burning hatred of Capitalism, CAPITAL is an alpha build collaboration between Kirby Baird and Alexandra Bohannon.

PLAY
Come on down to our itch.io page! You can play it from your browser! At the current moment it's probably about 45 minutes long if you just follow the direct story, longer if you just go exploring for secrets and JUICY GOSSIP. Follow us for updates! We're uploading new builds whenever we've got new content and bugfixes ready. In the meantime, give us that sweet sweet constructive criticism and validate me daddy let us know what you think!

Attachments

• Screen2.png
    Screen2.png
    322.8 KB · Views: 1

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont understand much of the story or what you exacly have to do.

Sneak can walk through people, but not all, nice idea though,
but there is also a passability in the hall on the right side on the paper
that is on hte desk where you can walk over.

Featherbrain

Prehistoric Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the concept and enjoyed the game although the current version ends rather abruptly (unless I missed something). Very surreal. Good soundtrack. Only gameplay problem I encountered were some of the events that should be entrances to buildings weren't working right on Big Freeze St(?). Just put me back on the street.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington