Captain Proton's Graphics

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by captainproton, Mar 30, 2014.

1. naruzeldamaster

naruzeldamaster Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Lol yeah I mean that the phrasing is nice cause it's funny XD 

As for the faces, I generally prefer more 'expression' but for the character I'm using these on they'll work great ;3

There are lots of subtle things you can do to add more character, like changing how 'blush' marks look on each character (but still an actual blush)

Differences in the way the eyes are angled too (like having them much more open for 'surprised' and more squinty looking for 'angry' ) can add a lot.

Little details are important ;3 the more 'alive' a character seems, the more personality you can give them ^+^

True most RPG's revolve around the text, but it's small details that matter :D  

2. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hey, Kids!  Time for some more faces!

People2 5.png People2 6.png People2 7.png

People2 8.png Lorcan.png

these will be added to the Master List above.

3. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Here we are with another face set!

People3 2.png

Sir Edward Dewey likes this.
  4. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Okay, kids, we have another dose of battlers!  (yay!)

catfish.png crocodile.png goldfish.png ram.png scorpion.png shrimp.png songbird.png

The Catfish, Crocodile, Goldfish and Shrimp are being added to the other aquatic beasties of the Dark Waters set, the Scorpion is being dropped into Burning Sands, the Ram into Thundering Plains, and the Songbird into the Dark Forest set. 

Even though I already have a ton of these in the works, I'm still open to ideas and suggestions for future battlers. 

Enjoy!

5. Crifmer

Crifmer Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Just wanted to drop in a note to say I love your stuff.  Found this thread when I was looking for a wolf and I'm downloading everything.  This is the type of art I make excuses to use.

6. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Wow! *blush* thanks so much! I'm glad you like them. As I said, I have a pretty good list of battlers in the cue, but if there's anything you want to see, let me know!

7. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Gather 'round younguns, it's time for more battlers!

cactuaro.png djinn by brian pennington.png gillman lancer.png

Here's an evil cactus of the Saguaro style, the Elemental King of Fire, and an edit of my Gillman battler, the Gillman Lancer.  More Gillmen will be posted with other weaponry, as soon as I can decide what style of armor and weaponry they should use.  (Suggestions, anyone?)

newt by brian pennington.png piranha by brian pennington.png ray by brian pennington.png

The newt is pretty cute, I think, and you can't have beasties of the deep without a pirahna or manta ray. 

I hope you guys enjoy these.  And remember, I would love to see and videos, demos, or even screenshots of games using my graphics.  feel free to send me any pics or even post them here. 

I'm also open to suggestions for any future battlers or other graphics.  I've got a pretty long list of monsters I plan on making, so if there's anything anybody wants to see right away, let me know, and I'll bring the baddies to the front of the cue.  I also have more sets of monsters planned, not just the ones posted.  There's going to be evil undead, mad science projects, steampunk scallawags, prehistoric predators, mythical monsters and medieval minions.  (yes, I like alliteration, so what?)  So, I welcome any feedback or suggestions on future badguys!

8. Sir Edward Dewey

Sir Edward Dewey Blue Knight of Eronor Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    These battlers are amazing, they are varied and their style is very original! but I wish you had a faceset for the fairy battlers!
    Keep up the great work with those battlers!

9. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Thanks, edward! I really appreciate that!

And I'll keep that in mind about the faerie facesets. That might be worth giving a shot.

10. Sir Edward Dewey

First Language:
    Spanish
    I'm hoping to see a few creepy undead monsters soon! also a few orcs would be a nice addition to the "Thundering Plains" Don't you think?
    (BTW : that djinn is awsome, I just tested it on my base game and it suits perfectly to a fire dungeon  :D )

11. TygerBurnz

TygerBurnz Crouching Monkey, Hidden Trickster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ooh evil cactus! I can think of a few places that might work...

12. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    @SED: thanks! I'm glad Djinn is working out for you! And I was actually thinking about doing up some undead (for halloween, y'know) instead of finishing off the list for some of the other sets. and, funny you should mention the orcs--they were originally in the Alfheim set with the faeries, but I moved them to Thundering Plains when I tweaked my list.

@Tyger: glad you like it! The Cactuaro was actually kinda tricky to make. My first few sketches came out either looking like a Cactaur knockoff, or...well, let's just say some of those sketches had an unfortunately "masculine" shape. (Long, narrow body, rounded at the top...not good).

And as I said, i'd LOVE to see screenshots of my baddies in action!

13. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Alright kids, time for more battlers! 

cobra by brian pennington.png hopper by brian pennington.png lilyken by brian pennington.png dwarf by brian pennington.png

The Cobra is going to be in the Eastern Dawn set, while the Hopper and the Lilykraken will be dropped into Dark Waters.  The Dwarf, obviously, is going into Gates of Alfheim, and we will probably be seeing edits soon with various weapons. 

Enjoy!

14. Sir Edward Dewey

First Language:
    Spanish
    *Brains explode after seeing his favourite High Fantasy race*

Woaawww! a Dwarf! funny though that you put him in "Gates of Alfheim" though considering they are from "Svartalfheim" rather than "Alfheim", oh but who cares! DWARVES! little funny guys with axes and pickaxes drinking ale all day long!

the Hopper and the Lilykraken look amazing, I'm certianly going to use both of them in the small project I have been doing, I'll probably use the cobra too when I create some sort of desert area or dungeon. the hopper slightly remind me of the humanoid froms of Dungeon & Dragons, the bullywugs, for some odd reason o_O

ANYWAYS! keep up the good job Captain!

15. The Prince of Sarcasm

The Prince of Sarcasm Prince of sarcasm Veteran

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Man this stuff is awesome, I'm thinking of restarting a project of mine using all of your graphics. You have enough good stuff to make a graphics pack for the store, like tyler's battlers. I was wondering if you could make some more animal battlers and a chimera battler?

16. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    @SED: haha, thanks, man! Yeah, I know the Dwarves are from Svartalfheim (or Nidavellir, depending), but I thought it better to just group all the Faerie creatures together in one "world" which most would recognize. It was either going to be Alfheim or Tir Nan Og. I've got some "armed" Dwarves made up I'll post as soon as I can.

@Prince: wow, thanks, man! I'm glad you like them! I do have some more animals in the cue, as well as a Chimera. I'll bump them up in line for you. ^_- I do have some others to do first, namely some undead, an Orc base and some special battlers I had hoped to finish before Halloween.

17. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Thanks that will be great.

Edit: Could you do an Emo Facet of Actor 4-6 Thanks.

I'm also thinking of some creative battler names, like maybe an AHHHHHHHH SQWISH IT! SQWISH IT! Appeared (spider), or Is that living snot? Emerged. (slime)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  18. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    I'm not sure if you got this in my first comment, but the game I am making ins based off the biblical story of Noah, and I was thinking of more animals you would commonly think of being on the ark. The kind you would probably see in little kids story books, as well as any other type of normal animals. A couple dinosaur bosses would be great, and awesome too. Recolors of some of the existing animals would be awesome too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  19. DarkstarMatryx

DarkstarMatryx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am loving these battlers. One they are different from what you tend to see in a lot of places, but also with the ones that are common.  I would love to see a variety of pooka's for the fairie realm.  Sahagin/Gillmen with pirate gear since they attack ships. A rhino, lion and elephant could be good for plains animals.  

Well I'll be looking forward to seeing what you create next.  Great job as it is.

20. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Wow, thanks, Prince, thanks, Dark! I'm glad you guys are liking these! And as a matter of fact, i do have all the above mentioned battlers in the cue.