Captain Proton's Graphics

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by captainproton, Mar 30, 2014.

1. tpgm1026

tpgm1026 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    This is really great work! I would love to see more animal battlers like jaguar, coyote, lion, tiger and even game animals like deer, elk, rabbit.

2. The Prince of Sarcasm

The Prince of Sarcasm Prince of sarcasm Veteran

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Yes, he is working on those. He has them in queue.

3. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Heyyyyyyyyy, KIDS!  (sorry, watched the Garfield Halloween special.) 

Time for more battlers! 

First off, let me say how flabbergastedly flattered (flattergasted?) I am by the positive feedback I've gotten from my graphics.  Thank you guys SO much.  You are all awesome. 

I've gotten some battler requests, too: more animals, some Undead, some Orcs, Dinosaurs and more Fae.  I have some Faerie edits to post today, and I have more Faerie characters drawn and scanned, just not colored yet.  I have the Orc base drawn (after scrounging for a decent anatomy reference) and will probably be posting it--and maybe some armed edits--here before too long.  I've got several Undead drawn and scanned, and have a couple to post here today!  Animals and Dinosaurs may have to wait until I figure out which animals to do and scrounge some reference pics for dinos.  I also have some special battlers I was hoping to get done before Halloween, so I may bump them up in line. 

ANYWAY.  Here's today's installment:

black cait by brian pennington.png calicait by brian pennington.png tuxedo cait by brian pennington.png pangur ban by brian pennington.png

First off are some Cait Sidhe recolors for the Alfheim set.  We have the Black Cait, the Calicait, the Tuxedo Cait, and Pangur Ban!  (you should TOTES MACGOATS see Secret of the Kells if you haven't already.  And if you have, watch it again.) 

barghest by brian pennington.png

And, separated by a few lines of text from teh Kitteh Armee, we have the Barghest, a recolor of the Cu Sidhe.  This chap is going in the Alfheim set, too. (Keep teh Kittehs away.  Dey gang up on teh Goggeez!)

dwarf axer by brian pennington.png dwarf hammer by brian pennington.png dwarf runeskald by brian pennington.png

Here are some armed edits of the Dwarf battler, the Axeman, the Hammerer and the Runeskald.  I didn't want the runeskald to be too wizardy, so I gave him an enchanted pickaxe instead of a staff or wand.  Alfheim. 

gillman lancer by brian pennington.png gillman shaman by brian pennington.png

Yes, I did post a Gillman Lancer before, but I realized I made it smaller than the base Gillman.  So, here's a properly scaled (budump-ch!) Lancer, along with a Gillman Shaman.  Don't be suprised if you see more of these guys with pirate gear.  Dark Waters. 

wraith by brian pennington.png la llorona by brian pennington.png

And, kicking off the new Bump in the Night set of undead battlers, we have the Wraith and La Llorona!  the Wraith is a basic ragged-sheet ghost with some bloodstains.  It's kinda hard to see here, but the sheet gets a bit transparent around the edges.  La Llorona, the weeping woman in white, could also double as a Bean Sidhe in a pinch. 

cybrim, Sir Edward Dewey and JiM83 like this.
  4. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Nice stuff.

5. Sir Edward Dewey

Sir Edward Dewey Blue Knight of Eronor Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    The fairy cats are starting gang up, soon enough their will take over the fairy world! DX anyways, awsome kittehs! also it's good to see the good ol' barghest along the cu-sidhe, though I always imagine the barghest as a hellhound rather than another fairy dog, i'm still using it anyways!

MOAR dwarves hell yeah! awsome looking stout folk captain! the Runeskald looks totaly awsome!

More gillmen as well, wich is always good for those who have an obsession with water dungeons like me  :D
      (yar pirate gillmen!)

and finally we have some undead! the wraith looks cool, a old school design is always good. and now la llorona! oh I was tired of hearing stories about the lady that hunts men for her children, my grandma used too tell me so many tales about her back when I was a little kid so i'm happy to see her.

Keep up the great work captain! your battlers and facesets are amazing! you rock!  :rock-right:

6. DarkstarMatryx

DarkstarMatryx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I thought of a good one that is both fae, but also something that could fit in Bump in the Night as well.  

The dullahan or Gan Ceann, you can't go wrong with the headless rider a head in one hand and a human spine for a whip in the other one.

Xardia likes this.
  7. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Aww, thanks, guys!

@SED: yeah, the line between ghost, fairy, demon and deity gets blurred a lot in folklore, but I thought Bargy would go best in Alfheim with Cu, as a properly demonic Hellhound is forthcoming. There might be a couple more dwarves on the way, too, along with gill pirates.

@Dark: Dulahan is definitely on the list. Probably won't call him Gan Ceann, as it might be too easily confused with Gan Canagh, the faerie incubus.

Sir Edward Dewey likes this.
  8. Sir Edward Dewey

First Language:
    Spanish
    You seem to know a lot of folklore Captain, you read a lot or is it thanks to video games? in my case I know lots of mythological beings because of Dungeon & Dragons.  :guffaw:

9. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    I've done a lot of research. I'm an aspiring writer as well as an illustrator, and I've done a lot of research on comparitive mythology and folklore.

10. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How much are you charging for these? I'm in serious need of some new monsters... and ended up taking one out of XP that fit the style just for something new

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  11. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    They are free for anybody's use. Same as the face sets in the original post, I think.

12. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Thanks, Prince. Odd and I have exchanged a few PMs on the subject.

Yes, the battlers are free to use for any non-commercial project. Odd was contemplating their use in a commercial project, which is different.

And yes, the facesets are totally free, since they are just edits of the RTP graphics, and I don't own those. A credit would be much appreciated, though.

13. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey Oddball, please don't quote large posts like that.  Your message ends up getting lost and it's hard to tell what part of it you're replying to.

cybrim likes this.
  14. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    fixed

Edit: I just remembered. I made an alien like monster in paint  while back, and actually did a decent job (if it needs fixing, it doesn't need much) can i post it in here somewhere?

15. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    No, you need to post it in your own resource thread. If you want to, maybe you can create some more to go with it.

16. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Prince is right, Odd. Just start a new thread in the appropriate resource section, and post away! I know people are clamoring for more sci-fi resources

17. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'l try.. though that one took me a long time, and Im not sure I can do another at the same quality. Plus... well it is a small creature, so maybe it could work 

Edit: I'll attempt more sci-fi enemies. Maybe some cyber-punk as well; or in other words... WiFi enemies... *crickets chirping* *sad trombone*

18. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Hey, guys! So. We have more battlers today. Yay! To start off this post, we have some more Undead, a Demon and our first Orc!

zombie by brian pennington.png slender by brian pennington.png slender shadows by brian pennington.png peeper by brian pennington.png orc fighter by brian pennington.png

So, first we have Zombie! Okay. Let me start by saying I HATE ZOMBIES. IN THE FACE. WITH FIRE. Seriously, as someone who loves monsters and has been watching monster movies since before kindergarten, zombies are really the only monsters that really scare the bajeebles out of me. So. I hope this Zombie is suitably scary for other people, because it doesnt' take much for them to scare me. Okay, so we also have Slender Man! I know a lot of people get freaked out by Slendy like I get freaked by Zombies. So, we actually have two Slender Men (mans?) : regular, and SHADOWY TENTACLE SLENDER MAN! And a demon eyeball. Cuz. And our first Orc, the Orc Fighter. Expect more Orcs with different equipment and even different tattoos. I got the idea from deviantArt user Hellcorpceo to give them Roman-style armor and weapons instead of the typical barbarian stuff. After all, just because they have tusks and are so ripped they can flex their hair doesn't mean they can't be fancy and civilized. It's not because I've been watching Spartacus or anything...

Okay. So, now we have some other battlers I was hoping to get done earlier, but at least I've got them finished before Halloween. I was wanting to do sprites for them as well, and I might still. Or, if any of you sweet peeps are spriters, I would be okay with you making sprites of these guys. I wanted to do some battlers based on a classic Halloween movie favorite.

Are they based on Dracula? No.

Are they based on Wolf Man? No.

Friday the 13th? No.

The Exorcist? No.

Well, what, then?

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAAAAAAAIN! doctor gorgonstein by brian pennington.png fuschia by brian pennington.png rabble by brian pennington.png goldenboy battler copy.png

I had to. I'm not even a little bit sorry. I will probably be doing spoof battlers based on the rest of the cast, maybe even putting together a basic face set for these. I don't even plan on using these in my own current game, but I had to make them anyway. And I think I did an okay job making Deliberate Knockoffs, keeping them in the right theme of the characters and keeping them from being too NSFW ish.

So, if you want to see more of these...well, what can I say except

"Come on up to the lab and see what's on the slab."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  19. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Cool. I don't celebrate Halloween, and I don't have any need for these battlers, but they are very good. If you want to do some sprites, please do some of you animal battlers first. you don't have to but it would be cool.

20. Sir Edward Dewey

First Language:
    Spanish
    Scared of Zombies huh? didn't expected that from you Cap'! but I see why you would fear the living dead, after all they can kill you in painfull and horrendous ways, getting torned appart by them doesn't sound pleaseant, right? :p

Anyways! an excelent Zombie battler! I'm suprised to see Slenderman here, but fancy slender surely looks awsome! I may use it as a easter egg monster out there in the dark woods of my game :p

Demonic Eyeballs, almost all old school games have these I dont why, I never actually liked them as a monster, but you surely did a good job with it!

and the first orc! and all I have to say is OMG IT'S SO AWSOME.  I really like orcs, a LOT, in my games I mostly make them nomadic mountain people who try to be far from the others. interesting idea your friend had by dressing them as roman-styled gladiators, it surely makes them look more awsome and indeed more civilized!

About the last four battles, they surely look cool but I don't know from what movie they are from so, i'm sorry for not catching the reference. D:

Keep doing the GREAT job captain!