Captain Proton's Graphics

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by captainproton, Mar 30, 2014.

1. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Thanks, Prince! I know monsters aren't really your bag, but i'm glad you think I did a good job.

And SED, thank you, too! Yeah, the first horro movie to ever actually scare me was Night of the Living Dead and I still can't do zombie flicks. Okay, devil-stuff like the Exorcist is a very close second on my NOPE list, but zombies hold the highest spot.

I felt a Victorian-style Slender would work better in most games than the typical 1950's style getup you usually see him in. And yeah, demon eye balls. I mean, what are the wing bones attached to?

As for the movie the last four are loosely based on, that would be The Rocky Horror Picture Show:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=18&ved=0CDEQtwIwBzgK&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdEBQ3haBi3c&ei=UrxRVOLzDoGiyASai4LYBw&usg=AFQjCNFznSW2p5rZkjz8IiRGuEtWc8owWg&sig2=htK5DZbq8ys1xUpvdFNR0Q

I know it isn't a classic in the way Dracula or Frankenstein are classics, but there's a grand tradition of midnight Halloween viewings of RHPS, the audience usually showing up in costume. They even did a special RHPS episode of Glee. (And to pput everyone's mind at rest, no, I have never worn a black corset or gold speedo in my life, nor do I intend to.) So, my Halloween giftare these Rocky Horror Knockoff Battlers.

Sir Edward Dewey likes this.
  2. Sir Edward Dewey

Sir Edward Dewey Blue Knight of Eronor Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I've actually seen a few scenes of that movie before, never actually payed it any attention before, I think is a good time to actually watch it!
    Anyways, captain what is next of your queue of amazing art? facesets? more great battlers? (i'm not trying to presure you or anything, I just would like to know what is comming soon! n.n)

3. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Firstly, thank you, SED! Secondly, yeah, it's worth checking out some scenes from the movie or stage show on youtube.

As for art? I am going to try and get some more facesets done before I tackle the next round of battlers, which will mostly be animals, with a few faeries. I also want to get an orc or two done.

4. DarkstarMatryx

DarkstarMatryx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Love the Rocky Battlers. :)

5. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Hey, kids.  I'm trying to give NaNoWriMo a serious go this year, so graphics will be a slower trickle until December, unless I decide to make some as brainercize. 

So, right now, all I have to offer is a male elf battler. 

elfm base by brian pennington.png

It's really a battler base, and wil be uploaded with weapons later.  Does anyone thing I should also make different outfits, too?

Enjoy!

6. Sir Edward Dewey

First Language:
    Spanish
    I'm sure you will do quite good at the NaNoWriMo captain! that male elf looks quite sexy actually! so a pair of weapons and a bit of armour should do an amazing elven warrior, I hope to see a few more elves, orcs and maybe some gillmen aswell! maybe some Drow Elves would be amazing as well.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck Cap'!

7. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Thanks, Ed! I've taken stabs at NaNo before, but never completed one. Usually either school, work, or medical issues got in the way. This year, it was a last minute decision, and nearly all my prewriting was done on Halloween.

Yeah, he is a fox, isn't he? But then, elves always have to look like supermodels. No one would put up with them if they looked like toads. I decided to go with the standard inexplicable nayru jacket and tights outfit you see on elves, thanks largely to the LOTR movies, but with a little bit of Ringabel thrown in. I may upload a version dressed like an ancient Celt.

8. Sir Edward Dewey

First Language:
    Spanish
    Oh god, please do captain! I always like the idea of more "simple dressed" elves rather than those that dress behind beautifull clothes and dresses.
    and good luck with the NaNo, I'm sure this year you will do great captain.

9. DarkstarMatryx

DarkstarMatryx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I wouldn't mind seeing female elf warriors with the bow, sword, axe weapon types.  As well as the Drow elves that look just as perty as the High Elves would be nice to see as well.  

10. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    excellent

11. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    Thanks, Dymdez!

And yeah, Dark, there is a female Sidhe planned. I hadn't really thought about a drow, but as you can't really get that drow coloring just through hue-shifts, I may whip a couple up.

12. Zurea

Zurea Alchemist in Training Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are very nice, and I'd love to make use of some of them as I already have some ideas, but color me stupid, how do I download these without 'Save Image As' also I didn't see anyone ask, but do those battlers already have a transparent backing? Again amazing work, and I'm determined to use them.

Another question, any plans for a female werewolf battler?

13. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    "Save as" is the right way to do it, most of these resource threads don't have batch downloads.  It works better this way, updates are easier, downloads are only what you want and don't take as long.

14. Zurea

First Language:
    English
    That's what I'm doing, thanks, but what about the battlers? was about to save one to test now, do they have a transparent overlay or is it white? I'm curious cause if its not transparent I'm going to have to edit it to be able to use it in VX Ace.

Edit: Alright the battlers' have the transparency already, awesome! Now to download images like a madman while waiting for the WoW update. Thanks Proton for the awesome work and thanks Sharm for the timely reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  15. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    I'm glad you like them, Azurael! And yes, they are PNG files with transparent backgrounds. Even the shadows are only at partial opacity, so you can see your background through them.

And I hadn't really considered a specifically female werewolf, but I could do that. Though, as I said earlier, it wouldn't be until December, as I'm trying to do NaNoWriMo this month.

And thanks for the assist, Sharm!

16. Zurea

First Language:
    English
    Glad, I've done transparencies before, they're usually a pain outside of Photoshop (which I no longer have.) as for the specifically, I can safely say I haven't found anyone else who has done a gender specific werewolf (or any monster past succubus/vampire and some zombles<not a fan of either) which is a tad disappointing, but oh well, not trying to rush, I know rushing art is a huge mistake, take your time and I'm looking forward the future.

17. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    I appreciate your patience :)

I think the only reason you see mostly humanoid female monsters is that once you get too far away from human, it's hard to keep them monstery and feminine at the same time. There are only a handful of secondary sexual characteristics humans recognize as female, and it often looks weird to see them on non-human characters, outside of a furry/anthro setting. Sometimes, the only way to really tell is to make genitalia visible, and that's typically frowned upon.

Also, there's the "don't hit girls" thing, which is hard to shake, even in fiction, unless the character is obviously evil, like a demon or vampire.

18. Zurea

First Language:
    English
    Which is a massive problem for someone like me who views equality as a preferred view then one over the other. Anyway your massive list of Aquatic battlers will help greatly as at least 75% of my world map is currently ocean (may/may not change) And I've got plans for those Cu and Cait Shide as well. The faces also help as 2 of my characters they worked perfectly for but I opted out of using the defaults because of lack of emotions. And really for the werewolf thing could be leaner/smaller build from the hulking brutes which are the norm or change of clothing placement, there's more creative ways to depict the gender of a humanoid 'monster' then just chest size and genitalia.

19. captainproton

First Language:
    english
    hey, guys! Nano is over, and so is most of the holiday insanity from the day job, so, I'll be making stuff again soon.

There'll be more animals, more orcs, more undead and some other mythical beasties.

20. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Anymore face edits? I actually don't mind if you post what i requested. I'm still paying for it though