dmoose

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to bring this back up, but I have an issue with the plugin and I would like to know if I could get some help with it. I can capture an enemy but its still there in the battle after capture and it dies in one hit, instead of that happening, is there anyway it will be removed from the battle completely if its captures successfully?

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When will we be able to nickname captured enemies?

Manel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love this plugin, but is it possible to assign a monster to a actor, like a actor can only have 1 monster?
Sorry if your plugin cannot do this, if you know could you tell me if there is a plugin to this?

JayTwist28

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To anyone who was getting a "typeError cannot red property 'push' of undefined" (i think that was it) i was having the same problem and as mentioned by someone before, once you start a new game and dont load an old save this will go away. Everything else seems to work perfectly and i highly recommend this plugin!

Protagonist7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question, is it possible to have monsters suffer some form of Permadeath? I'm wanting to have it be so that, while the main heroes can get KO'd all day long, their monster companions need to be replaced and are somewhat disposable.

Qwilfish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I need some help. I can't seems to understand where am I supposed to put what (English is not my first language, maybe why). Ive put
<capture_actor_id:1> into the note tag of a Bat, and <capture> into a note tag of a skill and gave that skill to an actor, and I'm not sure what to do next.
Am I supposed to create an actor that's a bat?

Protagonist7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm, do you think there could be a way to release captured monsters?

imnotacrook

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys. I'm not sure if anybody is still looking around in this forum but I could use some help. I'm new to this software and I'm trying to get myself started.

I've downloaded the battlecore plugin and this plugin. They're both on, I've created an actor with ID 0005, I've added <capture:1> to the actor ID, I've added <capture:1> to the basic attack skill as well as to a new skill called "lure", and I've added <capture_actor_id:0005> to the bat enemy.

Nothing seems to happen after I do a battle. The battle just ends. Has anybody else had this issue?

ipatix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, i make a Monster catch game and have use this Plugin, catching is ok but the Evolution script of the Catched Monster don`t work.
for example: The Player catch "Hatit" his Evolution Level is "18". The Player trained Hatit to Level 18, but the Evolution Event do not work.
file

example.png
what can i do?

Last edited:

ipatix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THe Yanfly Battle Core Plugin is installed, but the Monster will not Evolution.

Edit:// The Manual Added Monster will be Evolution at Lv:14
And the Captured Monster don't Evolution

monsterlist.png

Last edited:

Qwilfish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to limit how many monsters you can have at any given time? So, lets say I don't want players to have more than 5 (they have to release one if they want others), is there a way to prevent them from getting more? And I don't mean party size during the battle but also outside of it.

ipatix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THe Yanfly Battle Core Plugin is installed, but the Monster will not Evolution.

Edit:// The Manual Added Monster will be Evolution at Lv:14
And the Captured Monster don't Evolution

nobody can help? :(

Lord Kuro

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to figure out how to use this plug in, but I keep running into some errors.
Untitled-5.jpg
Here's how I have everything set up. Is there anything glaringly obvious that I'm doing wrong?
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

DragonBlade650

Destroyer of the Third Era
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin needs some work, i've had random crashing when capturing monsters.

Last edited:

Thanguya

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Friends, I'd like a bit of help with some compatibility issues.

I'm currently trying to use this script

var newActor = InstanceManager.addActor();
var party = $gameSystem.reserveParty();
party.addActor(newActor.id);

from Hime's InstanceManager.

Is there a method to reference the new Actor that was just caught with DreamX_CaptureEnemies then store it into a reserveParty by defining
var newActor = (The Actor just caught with DreamX_CaptureEnemies)

Sorry if that didn't make sense as I'm not a programmer just a hobbyists looking to learn.

Stiff104

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if they continue to support here but I have a problem.
I did a battle with 3 enemies, 2 of them are repeated, this in order to see if you could duplicate actors and everything was fine until walking the same group of enemies appeared again, I tried to capture them but this error appeared to me.
Has it happened to someone else?
Screenshot_5.png

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If anyone is interested I've made a change to the levelUpDuplicateActors function. When [Level Up Instead of Duplicates] is enabled it will level up your existing capture to the level of the new captured enemy if the enemy's level is higher. If the new capture has a lower lever it will just increase your existing capture by 1 level as normal.
JavaScript:
DreamX.CaptureEnemy.levelUpDuplicateActors = function (actorId, target) {
        for (var i = 0; i < $gameParty.allMembers().length; i++) {
            var actor = $gameParty.allMembers()[i];
            if (actor.actorId() === actorId || actor.baseActorId() === actorId) {
                if (actor._level < target.level) {
                    actor.changeLevel(target.level, false);
                } else {
                    var newExp = actor.currentExp() + actor.nextRequiredExp();
                    actor.changeExp(newExp, paramDefaultLevelUpMsg);
                }
            }
        }
    };

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played around with this years ago, and I love it. I just do.

I do not know if it changed much after, but when I used it, it was just simple. It did what it had to do and left everything else to the imagination of the user.

But what I actually want to say about it is: I think it is very, very smart to not advertise it as a pokémon system. I have seen many other devs over the years trying to do the same, but they all make it and advertise it as a pokémon system. Their system is titled "Poké-"anything, it is filled with pics of pokéball and Pikachu. Making it instantly an underground system, only used for pokémon rip offs.

With your system users who really want to make a fan-game, can do just that. But because it is not promoted like that, everyone else can use it too.

So, :thumbsup-left::thumbsup-right: for that, really.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lehma