oooo191

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone could help me  :)  

Im looking for a way to make a car in RPG maker VX ACE to have acceleration, Brakes and smooth turning
i know using some Victor Ace scripts i can get multiple frames for the wheels but i was wondering if anyone
has a way to make a vehicle act like a vehicle for example a car from lets say retro city rampage or GTA 1 and 2
i can imagine this has either been tackled many times and im willing to go through hell and earth to get this to work
does anyone know a way :) thanks

:rock-left:

Arteria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Bump - anyone got some car scripts?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've searched and didn't found any :)

I'd imagine any such engine/system will need at least these components(each being an advanced complex script):

- Animation spritesheet handling script for displaying the cars driving with different directions and cornering(the animation spritesheets themselves won't be provided of course)

- Basic 2D kinematics script for replicating the cars' velocities and accelerations(the cars acceleration and deceleration settings, and maximum velocities are set by users)

- 2D collision detection and resolution script for basic shapes to mimic collision with the cars and other some objects(its difficulty depends on how convoluted the shapes are in your game)

- Basic friction script for simulating different behaviors when the cars drive on different terrains and perhaps weathers if you want(the terrain frictions and weather impacts are set by users)

I think all these are needed even if your car driving script requests are meant to be easy and simple.

P.S.: 2D pixel movements are actually needed too, but finding one that work for you should be easy :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Don't think you need a script to achieved what you want if it's something like the old school race car mini game.

Seen an example before where all is done using eventing only.

Edit:

Gave it a try and turns out i only need 1 event on Auto to do the trick.

[1] Setup a race track map (Not the starter map)

[2] Put an event in the map and set it to auto (auto prevents the player from doing anything)

[3] In the event, do this:

Condition Check: Button pressed: C (C button to move)

Condition Check: Button pressed: Left (must be inside C condition check)

Move route : move left (speed down when moving left/right)

Variable A -= 1 (Set up a condition check Variable >=0 so it won't go over minus)

end

Condition Check: Button pressed: Right (must be inside C condition check)

Move route : move right

Variable A -= 1 (speed down when moving left/right)

end

Moveroute: move forward (move forward while C is pressed)

Variable A += 1

Condition Check: Variable A >= 60 (Acceleration Part)

Do nothing here           

else

Condition Check: Variable A >= 50

Move route : wait(1 frame) wait

else

Condition Check: Variable A >= 40

Move route : wait(2 frame) wait (the longer the frame wait, the slower the vehicle goes)

end

end

else

Condition Check: Variable A >= 0

Variable A -= 10 (Speed down when not pressing C)

end

end
[4] Give it a test, fix the player's facing in move route and change his/her sprite to a vehicle before transferring to the race track map.

Edit:

Well, it sounds complicated with words alone. Here's the sample.

Download Link: Click Me

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!
xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NateThe8