Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright so i've been combing around for a while now to try and discover a usable engine that allows for a card game. I have seen the Yanfly version but all reviews show the system is insanely buggy and the dev is unreachable. It also seems the plugin is completely gone from the internet as the Devs ichi.io no longer carries the plugin for purchase.

I have also tried the engine available for VX Ace on the Steam Workshop but the system is somewhat overly complex as well as the Dev for that plugin is also unreachable.

All and all, and I know this is a stretch but is anyone aware of any functioning engines or plugins that exist that allow for simple modifications such as image and stat changing?

I am willing at this point to request a commission somewhere. I have the rules for the card game created in case I was unable to find an engine including damage calculation and so on.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I did several card games also, maybe I can help you on this.
The first thing is how generic or how different is your card game, this will imply on how easy will you find something that suites you, or if you need to create it. I wouldn't choose Ace and below for this type of game, PIXI has a lot of features that are useful for a card game.

whenever you push RPG Maker to make things not RPGy you understand there is a barrier right? For non-programmers commission might be the way to go, depending on the rules it can be a huge work to do it so... Maybe I would recommend even another engine not rpg maker, but you can check my signature for a card game I am working on MV, so you can also know what PIXI is capable of.

Anyway said all that xD, if you are looking for something generic, you can go for my triple triad script/plugin that is available on Ace/MV/MZ. If you really wish your own card game, well I gave the paths.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Since you posted this in VXAce Support, I'll move this to RGSS3 Script Requests. If you're looking for a system for MV, please post so and I'll move it Plugin Requests.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I did several card games also, maybe I can help you on this.
The first thing is how generic or how different is your card game, this will imply on how easy will you find something that suites you, or if you need to create it. I wouldn't choose Ace and below for this type of game, PIXI has a lot of features that are useful for a card game.

whenever you push RPG Maker to make things not RPGy you understand there is a barrier right? For non-programmers commission might be the way to go, depending on the rules it can be a huge work to do it so... Maybe I would recommend even another engine not rpg maker, but you can check my signature for a card game I am working on MV, so you can also know what PIXI is capable of.

Anyway said all that xD, if you are looking for something generic, you can go for my triple triad script/plugin that is available on Ace/MV/MZ. If you really wish your own card game, well I gave the paths.

I would say the concept I have is very bare bones hence why looking at RPGMaker. The type of game I seek to make will be similar to the Pokemon Trading Card Game for the Gameboy Color. It will function as a type of Rock-Paper-Scissors form of game based on different elements and damage calculation will be done based off of an Attack and Defense Stat mixed with the RPS aspect as well as any card effects. I have diagrams drawn out if that helps I can provide.

Since you posted this in VXAce Support, I'll move this to RGSS3 Script Requests. If you're looking for a system for MV, please post so and I'll move it Plugin Requests.

Thank you very much, as i'm sure you can tell it's been quite some time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington