kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So i have a setup for what I want my cards to look like. During battle, i want there to have an option to be able to absorb creatures and enemies and then they will obtain an enemy, spell, or some other card from absorbing the enemy. and during battle, i want to be able to summon a creature or a card during battle using them from the "Bag" selection, and the creature cards would summon a creature by your side. any idea of how to do that?

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
card games are rpgs?

anyway, I suggest to start by making a simple card game, and working up from there. This sounds like a project for someone more experinced in game making. I can't help with this, because I'm inexperinced as well. So I suggest starting with a simple card game, and working your way up. Also think about the program your using "RPG maker". while I'm sure you can make a card game with this program, the program is fine tuned to make rpg's. so your going to have to use a lot of scripts and ask yourself some questions

what do you need to replace with the cards? Also, how will you get the game to recognize that you have a certain card or not, and whether it's in your deck or not? how will you get the game to let you take cards out of/put cards into decks? how will you work with the program so you r not banging your head against the F***ing wall from frustration? how is this an RPG? and many, many, MANY more questions as well, since there are many hurtles to jump over when making this kind of project

Plainview

Man Behind the Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i think what codycarol95 wants is a system where you obtain spell cards, monster cards, and such from monsters during a fight. Then I assume said cards can be summoned during battle. You know, like an RPG blended with some type of card system or some such.

Also I'm pretty sure he asked for a script and not an entire deconstruction of his idea.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
oh, my mistake

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i have a setup for what I want my cards to look like. During battle, i want there to have an option to be able to absorb creatures and enemies and then they will obtain an enemy, spell, or some other card from absorbing the enemy. and during battle, i want to be able to summon a creature or a card during battle using them from the "Bag" selection, and the creature cards would summon a creature by your side. any idea of how to do that?
Dekita begin to work on a massive engine who permit to use a sort of card game it can be a principal battle system or simply a mini game stuff sadly is engine is still in work but I suggest you to check raizen triad card game :)

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding your request (which is to be expected because the original post was not particularly clear).

What are you are looking for is a script where a skill "absorb" can be used on an enemy, and depending what enemy it's used on, the player receives an item (arbitrarily called a "card") that they can then use during battle.  Correct?

This is pretty easy to do technically, but of course it will require a reasonable of work if you want to have hundreds of different cards.  All you need to do, in the basic sense, is have a variable track the target of your absorb skill, then use a Common Event to give the player an appropriate item.  Since you haven't specified otherwise, I'll assume that the absorb skill should do no damage to the enemy, but should always grant you an item.  Set up your skill as such:

"Absorb" Skill

Damage Type: None

Scope: One Enemy

Effects:

* Add State "Target of Absorb" 100% chance

* Call Common Event: Absorb Processsing

Then create a Common Event as such:

"Absorb Processing" Common Event

Trigger: None
Use the "Script" event command and enter the following:

for enemy in $game_troop.membersif enemy.state?(23)$game_variables[55] = enemy_idenemy.remove_state(23)endendNote that you should replace 23 with whatever State ID your "Target of Absorb" state has in the database, and replace 55 with whatever variable you'd like to use to track the ID of the absorb target.

Then use more "Script" commands in that same comment event to read variable 55 and give the player an appropriate item:

case $game_variables[55]when 1  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[17], 1)when 2  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[19], 1)when 3, 4, 5  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[28], 1)when 6  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[4], 1)end
Code:
case $game_variables[55]when 7, 8, 14  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[27], 1)when 9  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[32], 1)when 10  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[6], 1)when 11, 12, 13, 15  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[99], 1)end
And so on, where the numbers after "when" are the IDs of the monsters, and the numbers after "data_items[" are the IDs of the items you want to give when the Absorb skill is used on that monster.

I haven't tried this myself, but I'm completely sure it will work unless I made some sort of syntax or scope error.  Let me know if it doesn't.

What I've described to you is the most beginner-friendly, non-Ruby-intensive way to do it without adding hundreds of conditional branches.  There are cleaner, slightly quicker ways to add this and allow more features, but they'll require considerably more difficult scripting, which it doesn't sound like you're comfortable with.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding your request (which is to be expected because the original post was not particularly clear).

What are you are looking for is a script where a skill "absorb" can be used on an enemy, and depending what enemy it's used on, the player receives an item (arbitrarily called a "card") that they can then use during battle.  Correct?

This is pretty easy to do technically, but of course it will require a reasonable of work if you want to have hundreds of different cards.  All you need to do, in the basic sense, is have a variable track the target of your absorb skill, then use a Common Event to give the player an appropriate item.  Since you haven't specified otherwise, I'll assume that the absorb skill should do no damage to the enemy, but should always grant you an item.  Set up your skill as such:

"Absorb" Skill

Damage Type: None

Scope: One Enemy

Effects:

* Add State "Target of Absorb" 100% chance

* Call Common Event: Absorb Processsing

Then create a Common Event as such:

"Absorb Processing" Common Event

Trigger: None

Use the "Script" event command and enter the following:

for enemy in $game_troop.membersif enemy.state?(23)$game_variables[55] = enemy_idenemy.remove_state(23)endendNote that you should replace 23 with whatever State ID your "Target of Absorb" state has in the database, and replace 55 with whatever variable you'd like to use to track the ID of the absorb target.

Then use more "Script" commands in that same comment event to read variable 55 and give the player an appropriate item:

case $game_variables[55]when 1  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[17], 1)when 2  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[19], 1)when 3, 4, 5  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[28], 1)when 6  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[4], 1)end
Code:
case $game_variables[55]when 7, 8, 14  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[27], 1)when 9  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[32], 1)when 10  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[6], 1)when 11, 12, 13, 15  $game_party.gain_item($data_items[99], 1)end
And so on, where the numbers after "when" are the IDs of the monsters, and the numbers after "data_items[" are the IDs of the items you want to give when the Absorb skill is used on that monster.

I haven't tried this myself, but I'm completely sure it will work unless I made some sort of syntax or scope error.  Let me know if it doesn't.

What I've described to you is the most beginner-friendly, non-Ruby-intensive way to do it without adding hundreds of conditional branches.  There are cleaner, slightly quicker ways to add this and allow more features, but they'll require considerably more difficult scripting, which it doesn't sound like you're comfortable with.
How exactly would i add that state? i dont see that in the options for adding the state, or is there a way to add a new state to the game to use?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How exactly would i add that state? i dont see that in the options for adding the state, or is there a way to add a new state to the game to use?
Right-click in the "Effects" box for a skill.  Choose Insert.  Find the "Add State" option in the popup window.

If you haven't created the State yet, you obviously need to do that on the "States" tab of the database.

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right-click in the "Effects" box for a skill.  Choose Insert.  Find the "Add State" option in the popup window.

If you haven't created the State yet, you obviously need to do that on the "States" tab of the database.
So where do i put the part about reading the variable 55?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So where do i put the part about reading the variable 55?
Put it in that same Common Event, after the other stuff, using the "Script..." event command.

If you're having all these problems figuring out how to create an event, you might want to put this project on the shelf for a month or two, and learn the program better by trying to create something simpler.  Because even if you get what I gave you to work, I foresee you having a lot of trouble creating really cool effects for the different cards while you're this new to RPG Maker.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DNPwhy.gif

You're using that item wrong... TwT

Trying to get the mechanics down for a cute, story-driven board game! I think I've accomplished dice movement, item effects, and activating a space's event when you land on it. Art is WIP. Hope to open a thread about the game soon!
My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aubycringe