Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is sort of an odd request, for a very specific character in my game.

But I'm sure this is something that will be requested sooner or later. It may even be possible through eventing. I'm not totally sure.

I need a system that works very similarly to the pokemon capture system on the pokemon rpg's/ the card capturing system used in final fantasy 8.

Basically, when an enemy is low in hp, you can use an ability/item/attack, that will allow you to capture it/turn it into an item, rather than killing it. Thus gaining the new item, but relinquishing the experience benefits of a normal battle victory. I need to be able to set the parameters required to capture an enemy, and to set whether an enemy is even susceptible to the ability in the first place. Like how in pokemon you couldn't capture another trainer's pokemon because it was a "boss".

In my game, i'll require that a certain sword be equipped/ attacked with, to complete the process. Any help is greatly appreciated, even if someone can explain to me how to do this with no plugin. Though i'm sure pokemon fangames will come to be, so this could be a very useful tool in the community. 

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
I think this could be maybe be done with variables, troop events, conditional branches and common events. I would start first by planning how to make it on paper though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.
Let's hope power remains on for the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon787