fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Presents two new screenshots. Did a lot of changes, bug fixes... Also a lot of cosmetic changes, I hope it looks better. Added new location - mine.
yard.PNG mine.PNG

Changelog for upcoming version 1.4:
  • grid crafting system completely reworked (now it's a script, not only eventing - this change is not visible, just for a better performance, thanks qwelukasz)
  • new locations: forest, beach and mine
  • more trees to cut in the forest area
  • new materials to find in mine (stone, iron, sand and shiny gems!)
  • new character added - sailor
  • changed materials request while fixing house (now you need also beams and stones to fix gaps)
  • village square now also needs to be repaired
  • you can build pier on the beach area and sell unnecessary furniture
  • visual improvements, locations retouched
  • new furniture/blueprint added
  • reworked menu (ESC)
  • more balanced weather (less rainy days)
  • fixed bug with Cellar Key not showing up (thanks @samaliah)
  • fixed problem with lost bedding while failed with bed recipe (thanks @cactusanctuary)
  • fixed bug: can't picking up barrel after crafting
  • linen chest now stay open to let you know that there is nothing left inside (thanks @cactusanctuary for suggestion)
  • deleted invisible debug event in Cafe (thanks @Sanyee)
  • changed way to obtain Fleece Wheel (not buyable anymore)
  • fixed bug with people not arriving to village (thanks @Yurash, @Winterflowr)
  • increased maximum stamina (working even more?! nah)
  • you can store lumber in wood storage
  • you can customize your house with own made furniture
  • old stove in house is now working! Let's lit the fire.
  • changed some shop mechanics (now you can buy some items placed on the counter)
  • changed lights/shadows effects
  • added chopping animation, yay
  • changed some dialogues/messages, added tutorial messages
  • added fishing system, you can also cook your meal!
  • still not sure everything works fine, so please help me to find bugs once again...
Just a fews steps ahead and will release updated version! :kaohi:

Edit: Please vote in the pool, thanks!

Last edited:

WriterMonkey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really am digging this concept! I've only been able to play around with it for about 15 minutes, but I'm excited to dig into it. I've always loved games like this.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaohi:
Looks very good. So gentle and alive!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad to see you're still working on this game. It was one of the ones that I think had the most potential during the IGMC. Great work! :D

Edit: Also, a fishing system is sooooo overdone and tropy. Why not think outside the box? Like for example, I saw this guy who goes out into the woods, drives a wooden stake in the ground, then grinds the top of it with a metal bar to cause the ground to vibrate. After he does that worms pop up from the ground and his wife gathers them. You could have levels of wooden stakes and metal bars, and different quality worms to sell to fishermen. Just an example, lol.

Last edited:

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I loved the concept of this one. I rushed the rebuild, so only spawned 2 villagers. But I had fun anyway :) Liberating with an RPG Maker game that you don't have to fight in :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I loved the concept of this one. I rushed the rebuild, so only spawned 2 villagers. But I had fun anyway :) Liberating with an RPG Maker game that you don't have to fight in :)
Thank you. Still working on it. The 1.3.0 version is very lack of content... I hope you'll try the new one soon!

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
lol fishing is too much. Focus more on the carpentry aspect. Very interesting project btw

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol fishing is too much. Focus more on the carpentry aspect. Very interesting project btw
It's already implemented, but it's very simple and helps to gain some energy (you can cook and eat fish). Thanks for your opinion!

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any eta on your 1.4 release? I want to see and experience it all :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I was tried to make another update, but looks like I'm little tired of everything. Playing that over and over (and over!) again, and still found new bugs. So:

Looking for a playtester.

But I can't pay you, sorry, but the game is free, so... Anyway, I can post you in the credits!
If anyone interested, please PM me, thank you ALL OF YOU for your help and for making Carpentry Story still existing!

Edit: Sorry for the double-posting :rsad: Can I delete my post on my own? I think not.

Edit2: Version 1.4 is out! Please visit the first post.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a fun little game with lots and lots of atmosphere. Really great feeling to it :)
The opening give me instant good feels right from the moment the train horn sounds happend.

Only nitpick I have is language. Some sentences don't make sense and some grammatical errors here and there. Nothing major but noticeable. Also some SE are a little too loud for my taste but that's a personal thing.\

All in all a cute, well made little gem of a game :D

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval OMG, thank you so much!! *__*
I realize that there are grammar errors and some sentences are wrong, sorry for that, that's because english isn't my first language and I'm still learning. Also can you please tell me which sounds was too loud for you? I'll fix those in another update. If you have some suggestions, let me know!

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval OMG, thank you so much!! *__*
I realize that there are grammar errors and some sentences can't be wrong, sorry for that, that's because english isn't my first language and I'm still learning. Also can you please tell me which sounds was too loud for you? I'll fix those in another update. If you have some suggestions, let me know!
Yeah I figured English isn't your native language xD Considering that it's pretty good though. As for the sounds the text 'ping' sound was a little loud and some of the construction sounds are loud too (mind I play with headphones on so).

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I really love this concept, a nice twist on old Harvest Moon to focus more on crafting. I like your ambition too, making something like this in RMMV is tricky! Keep it up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubacard