• Poll closed .

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay so looks like it's the bakery I'm missing then. How do I find it's key?

For the Inn keeper, yeah a lot of that feeling comes from the phone call you overhear combined with the fact that there seems to be very little appreciation or life back in the village.

I used the dock to sell unwanted furniture and to raise funds to purchase items.

No rain and I was in at around day 45.

Thanks for answering and other than that it's a enjoyable game :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so looks like it's the bakery I'm missing then. How do I find it's key?

For the Inn keeper, yeah a lot of that feeling comes from the phone call you overhear combined with the fact that there seems to be very little appreciation or life back in the village.

I used the dock to sell unwanted furniture and to raise funds to purchase items.

No rain and I was in at around day 45.

Thanks for answering and other than that it's a enjoyable game :)
Thanks you for your honest opinion and comments.
Bakery Key is hidden in the mossy stump in the forest. You need a better axe to chop it.

I'll try to make town more lively right now.

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@fizzly

All right so I got the key and fixed the bakery and have the meeting scene for the baker. However now when I go to the bakery she isn't there and the meeting scene repeats itself each morning.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mickychi Yeah, you found another bug I think... Thanks for report. I found the problem, so you can download fixed 1.4.3 version if you want. It should be okay now! Just copy your save file into new game folder.

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, uploaded the wrong file I think <__< Now it's fixed. It should be!!
Alright so Baker issue is fixed though when I went to the bakery she had no dialogue to inform me what she needed and instead a pop up with the options "About Furniture and See You" was all that I saw. I figured that she'd need displays though and that guess was right.

Is there a ending scene at this point? If so how do I activate it cause I have all the buildings repaired and furnished except the one with the note and it didn't activate automatically by sleeping so I'm back to being confused.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mickychi Ending scene should be invoked 10 days after all villagers came back. Try to "go to sleep" a few times.

Edit: So...did you finished the game, or another bugs appeared?

Last edited:

QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just played through the game. Great design and mechanics, I really enjoyed it.

A couple of bits of feedback:
-The price for refining iron ore and quartz is too high. You can just buy the glass and iron for much less.
-It takes a long time to give the shopkeepers the furniture you've made because you have to do it one by one. Maybe give the option for the player to give more than one piece at a time (e.g. an enter number prompt where they can say how many stools they'll give) to save time.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@QuikInk, thank you for playing and for feedback! I'll try to implement this as well.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a sucker for games with unlockable blueprints and you've done a great job of making the blueprints logically look like the thing you're making. Well done!

I know you've said you're working on giving the people more character so I won't harp on at you about how flat it feels right now. I think even if granny just commented on your progress now and again instead of always asking for beds. XD

I'm an hour in so far, unlocked the library, café and tailor so far, just opened the mine.

I definitely think at the very least you should implement a new lever in the workshop for "repeat last blueprint" if not allowing you to specify how many of a thing you want to make. A quantity option for crafting planks, beams and stakes would not go amiss.

I have discovered an interesting bug I don't think anyone has pointed out yet: sometimes if you craft a bunch of stuff at once or give multiple items to people in buildings, the info window says it's a certain time, but then when you go back outside or change screens it's a completely different time. I actually had one point where I was in a building and the time said 19:07 or something, went outside and it was 16:38, and when I went a screen over it was 16:03!

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Trihan, thank you so much for playing!! Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate that. The bug sounds totally strange, but I'll check this out :D Crafting with setting quantity is my prior I think, because all of you guys mentioned that... And making villagers less flat too :) Thanks again, if you find anything else, let me know.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh there is another thing actually. When you talk to the Saturday tool guy, he disappears, so once you've spoken to him once you can't do anything else with him until the next Saturday.

It might be helpful to have Granny give you a line about him because otherwise his appearance makes no logical sense unless you read the sign. XD

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh there is another thing actually. When you talk to the Saturday tool guy, he disappears, so once you've spoken to him once you can't do anything else with him until the next Saturday.
Will fix it, thanks!

It might be helpful to have Granny give you a line about him because otherwise his appearance makes no logical sense unless you read the sign. XD
That's a good tip.

QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One more thing I noticed, one of the shops (I think it was the flower shop or maybe the pub) - when you give them furniture, it doesn't remove it from your inventory. So you can just keep giving the same piece of furniture over and over again.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One more thing I noticed, one of the shops (I think it was the flower shop or maybe the pub) - when you give them furniture, it doesn't remove it from your inventory. So you can just keep giving the same piece of furniture over and over again.
Will check it and fix it. Thank you.

Edit: fixed, thank you.

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a bit late... Congress on your game! Seems to me like you put a lot of time on it, not sure if you use just events or also common events (what I will do), but either way it's take a lot of time to set it up for so many objects/houses, well done.

My thought: you may want to add more people to talk with from start, the player can still fix everything around, but it could feel a bit more 'live' if the player can talk to the people who live there even before it fixes. Maybe put them in a small area near the town? or change a bit of the story so they still there but can't run their business? or other ways you can come up with. again those are just my thoughts, you can agree or not. Your game definitely 'stand-out' of the crowd of RPGmaker games, I'm looking forward to the next updates, keep it up!

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your game definitely 'stand-out' of the crowd of RPGmaker games
Oh wow....thank you so much!! Yeah, spend a lot of time on this... I agree that the town is not too lively, I'l try to improve this in future updates (I said that above I think)!
Edit: sorry, I missed your question. I used both events and common events, most of common events for events/people.

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow....thank you so much!! Yeah, spend a lot of time on this... I agree that the town is not too lively, I'l try to improve this in future updates (I said that above I think, )!
No problem, I'm sure this is not new for you, I just wanted to share some ideas on how to do that. and I'm looking forward :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyben