Carry Game Data Over

2DGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello all, 

So I have a question, I have a system working were on PC you can carry one game data over to a new game to include npc and other things down on the game. I was wondering if it is possible to do on android, only cause I Know that the android file system is way different then a pc file system and requires different permissions. 

I was thinking of using Intel XDK and giving the one game access to the sd card to see if the previous save data is there. And if there is game data copy over to the dir of the new game. 

I don't know if any has done this or there is a plug in. But what do you feel would be the best way to do this any help would be greatly appericted 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you're talking about a new game in the same project, then this plugin might help you:

http://himeworks.com/2015/12/sync-save-data/

If you're talking about transferring data between different project, then that is not as easy and will require a new plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aotaru