Carry Game Data Over

2DGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello all, 

So I have a question, I have a system working were on PC you can carry one game data over to a new game to include npc and other things down on the game. I was wondering if it is possible to do on android, only cause I Know that the android file system is way different then a pc file system and requires different permissions. 

I was thinking of using Intel XDK and giving the one game access to the sd card to see if the previous save data is there. And if there is game data copy over to the dir of the new game. 

I don't know if any has done this or there is a plug in. But what do you feel would be the best way to do this any help would be greatly appericted 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you're talking about a new game in the same project, then this plugin might help you:

http://himeworks.com/2015/12/sync-save-data/

If you're talking about transferring data between different project, then that is not as easy and will require a new plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thesuperor