Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Resource Type: Full or at least partially complete RTP

Maker Format: VX Ace

Art Style: Cartoon, something close to Earthbound

Description: I'd like to create a game similar to the MOTHER series and I don't have the resources for this. It doesn't need to be 100% identical to the game's textures, anything similar to them would be great.
(No isometric resources, only resources that somehow ressemble to earthbound's textures)

Reference Images:
Ref 1
Ref 2
Ref 3

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Time Fantasy packs might suit your needs. http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/time-fantasy

There are plenty of add-on packs too and they are on sale on Steam right now.

I think there are some free sets somewhere around, but I'm not as familiar with those, so you might wait and see what someone else comes up with.

sadsaxboy

ストーナ
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The Time Fantasy packs might suit your needs. http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/time-fantasy

There are plenty of add-on packs too and they are on sale on Steam right now.

I think there are some free sets somewhere around, but I'm not as familiar with those, so you might wait and see what someone else comes up with.
I checked it out on Steam and I noticed that there's another one called Time Fantasy: Monsters
So, do you know if I need to buy both in order to have the full pack with /Battlers and stuff? Or the main one also has this kind of stuff?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The one I linked you is the original pack. If you look on this website's store page, it details what that includes:

• Over 80 unique character sprites. Heroes, villains, soldiers and more!
  • 5 full sheets of emotion animations for 40 characters.
  • 29 tilesets! Autotiles and objects for forests, mountains, towns, dungeons and more.
  • Animated doors, fires, and treasure chests.
  • 9 page PDF file with tips and tricks to get the most out of these graphics.
  • EXCLUSIVE BONUS: Free version of pack formatted for use in RPG Maker 2003 - a 6.99$ value!
According to the store page here, the Monsters Pack contains:

• 20 "oversized/boss" monster sprites; 40 regular monster sprites.
  • All monsters have full four-direction walking animations and single-frame battlers, perfect for side-view battles.
  • 16 unique orc character sprites (2 full sheets).
  • Full sheet of 8 horses.
  • 24 new character sprites with emotion animations, pose animations, and horse-riding variations.
  • 16 new NPCs (2 full sheets).
  • Over 100 sprites total!
So, it seems the Monsters pack does not contain any tiles, only character sprites. You don't have to buy the main pack to use the Monsters, but they will clash with the RTP of the engines.

Also be aware buying them on Steam - you can only buy them for one engine, so take care to buy the pack for the engine you need to use them in.

sadsaxboy

ストーナ
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes; I was just wondering if the main pack actually came with any enemy sprites or if I would need to buy the Monster pack too.
Thanks tho, I didn't really read the description of the first one, lol.

I'm definitely buying this pack so I guess the thread can now be closed

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
I wrote a nice animated preloading system for mv+mz today. It only supports graphic assets atm, should it support audio too? See it in action in my recent minigame @
I posted my first commercial game on the forums, and now waiting for approval.
fingers crossed.
TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gesonel