Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A remake of the whole game? I'll have to try this out at some point soon.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I Watched a youtuber play this, and it looks good will try it out :)

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sweet! I hope you'll have a good time!  BD

Lustermx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I finally got around to playing this and am having a good time, however there are a few things I wanted to mention just for the beginning part of the game.

• Sickel Weasel is useless. I couldn't ever find a use for this spell :p
  • Self-recovery on those hornets is just like a turn waster to me, it reminds me of pelipers in pokemon using protect, so it makes the battles seem unnecessarily longer.
  • Evan's basic attack in the beginning is not worth using at all, it's way too weak even with the best weapon.
  • Also, you should use fade out/fade in commands between each transfer to remove the problem with the fog abruptly disappearing.
  • The animation for lumpa vines looks different and kind of inconsistent with the other spell animations.  
I'm on the second floor trying to find all those trees that remove the mud, but I don't remember how many I've destroyed and there's no indication telling me how many I've destroyed either. I can't bear to go back in that Rainforest to check right now though, because the battles in this area are quite long and draining of my resources...

Lastly I recommend using Zeus' Full screen script http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/14081-fullscreen/

It's for Ace and VX. It's way better than the default fullscreen, you get less lag and a bigger screen, plus it loads quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Glad to see you've finally started playing this one! :D

• Sickle Weasel is pretty much only useful in the early parts when there are multiples enemies with low health. 
  • I'll keep that in mind. If it doesn't really add anything, then I guess it's just a time waste.
  • I thought it was pretty okay-ish, especially since Evan is more of an elemental attacker than a physical fighter. 
  • Fading in & out actually takes a lot of extra time. I did consider it, but I thought that it felt better to keep the transition fast. Graphically, it's not that smooth. I think I might be able to keep all fogs on-map in the script somehow.
  • I never thought about and still don't think it's too much of a problem. It does stand out a bit though when compared to the RTP animations. 
The Swamp Trees were originally planned to be visible on the minimap, but for some weird reason, it didn't work. I do think some of them can be a bit tricky to be found, so that's why I decided to give them a lightning effect. I should probably try to fix it for any future update(s) and add something to indicate how many trees have been destroyed.

I'll check out that script! Thanks for your feedback. I hope you'll continue playing to the very end! The good ending itself is actually worth the tough journey according to those who've finished. ^^

Alistair

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The screenshots look really appealing to me. Downloading right now.

Kinerex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! 30-40 hours! That's incredible length! My game Brotherhood gives 15+, and I know how much dedication I put into it, so I can't imagine how much you put into this one! I'm going to try and give it a shot, please feel free to try Brotherhood :) link is in my signature!

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
15+ IS also considered epic length in the RM community. It took about 3,5 years of blood, sweat and tears, but I suppose it was worth it in the end. I hope you'll enjoy it! I don't play lots of games nowadays, mainly because I'm too busy to work on my own, but sure, whenever I get a free window, I'll check your game!

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I recently got a message from HBGames' Amy about this game being featured in a magazine. Hmm, it must be from that old Advanced RPG Maker Issue where it got mentioned.

Read the magazine here!

But look who was wrong, there was actually a lot more to it. This game did not only make it to the cover of the issue, it got its own article as well! This...is quite a surprise for me, since I know that the game isn't "perfect" by any means, but still...wow. I want to thank Amy at HBGames.org and HBGames themselves for giving my game some love. I really appreciate it!

Even though this might not sound like a big deal, it is to me. This is a great and motivational start for 2016 for me. I will use this motivation to work harder on my next projects, which might see the light of day soon-ish (like in a few months, or something).

I want to take the time to thank everyone for playing this game as well. The comments I have received have truly been heartwarming for me. I'll make sure to make a new blog thanking different people, like I did for Castle Oblivion: Remake's release.

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Big congrats for that. It's well deserved! If only we could do something about that evil Stephen King'ish It-like Clown and laugh at the beginning of each game. I hate clowns, they've always freaked me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks man! Something is going to happen to my logo, since my sister is going to redesign it into something ever scarier. Oh and my next game is going to have clowns as well. Here's a small peak of a concept I made for the title screen:

Have a bonus screenshot:

Look forward to that. ^^

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now that'd be awesome. I've thought about making a creepy clown rpg, or even a horror story involving clowns.

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It will be a short dungeon crawler that takes place in a huge maze-like basement (filled with all kinds of nightmarish monsters). The atmosphere and setting may be creepy, but it won't be a horror game (I hate jump scares). I'm planning to do some fresh and unique stuffs with this game. I can't wait to showcase it once I've got more stuff done.

poeti1102

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got trouble finding all 13 Swamp Trees at the second floor.All I can find is 7.The boat can use only for one area?.And I have to rest at the inn after slaying each Trees.They are nasty creature.It's very hard to survive as solo player but I love this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloud8111