Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Been a while, so I thought I'd kick this blog off by showing you how the game is going so far. Also, this feels like a pretty neat way to kick off the second page!

Writing: 
The main script is complete (except from a very minor update the writer will send to me soon). I'd say it's around 99.8% finished. 

Mapping: 
This is what I've been working on for the most part during development. I've mapped more or less up to the 7th Floor! For numbers, I've made 251 maps so far, which means roughly 65% of the maps have been finished. 

Cutscenes: 
I try to balance this with my mapping, adding cutscenes as I finish the maps. All cutscenes up to the 5th Floor are mainly done. About 45% of all cutscenes are finished, I'd say. 

Battles, Equipment, Items & Puzzles: 
Most of the stuffs here have been planned and tinkered with. Not too much though, as I prefer to focus on the gameplay parts after the other things have been taken care of.

Not much have been made, but if I'd guess, I'd say about 10-20% of the gameplay related stuff have been finished. 

Considering that I've been able to do this much in just the few months the game has been in development for, I still aim and believe that I can finish this game before the end of 2015. 
Keeping up with this pace lends me the belief that I can do this. It's still a pretty huge game, so bare with me if I'd fail to meet my expectations. 
After all, I want this game to be of higher quality, and so far, it seems like it's heading that way. 

(I'll leave you with some lovely screenies from the game. I'll probably add a bunch more to the Screenshot section as I progress.) 

reco1-meeting-the-scouts.png

reco1-mausoleum-catacombs.png

reco1-ruki-volcano-entrance.png

Take care!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't believe I've made this much progress in just about 2 weeks...

Howdy y'all! Big updates incoming (see below)!

Writing:

Still waiting for a minor update here. It's more or less complete, nonetheless. I'd say it's around 99.9% finished.

Mapping:

I spent an entire week working hard on my maps. In that week, I finished 100 maps, which concludes all of the games story maps! For numbers, I've made 349 maps so far, which means that roughly 100% of the maps have been finished (except a few small puzzle maps I might add).

Cutscenes:

The next week, after I had finished the maps, I started focusing on the story and its cutscenes. All cutscenes except a few in F7 is complete. Pretty much 99.7% of all cutscenes are finished, I'd say.

This is the next step and what I'll be focusing on for the rest of the games development. I have finished most, if not all of the puzzles already. About 25% of the gameplay related stuff have been finished, I'd say.

It's kind of a shock to me that I've managed to get this much done in just about 2 weeks. Keeping this up is a good sign that the full game will be available by the end of the year.

Even though it may be just a little early, I'd still like to inform you that I'll be looking for testers pretty soon. I know, I still need to add all of the remaining battles etc. and test it myself, but I'm just letting you guys know. If you think that you'd be interested in testing the game before its full release, please, don't be shy about your voice. Let me know! ;)

Some screenies:

reCO1_Ruki_Shore.png
reCO1_Ruki_Volcano_2.png

reCO1_Meeting_Ifrit.png
reCO1_Averste_Docks.png

Take care and look forward to the full release which hopefully will be near the end of the year!

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sweet! I'll add you to the list then. ^^

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Most of my development time has gone towards the gameplay since my last blog here. So far, things have been going pretty smoothly. 

I have to admit that it really does take time to work on things, such as balancing, enemies, skills and everything in between. 

Reason is because this stage requires a heavy amount of testing and tweaking before I can move forward. 

I still am working hard on the game, it's just that I'm also taking extra time making sure everything flows correctly and in quality.

Right after I've finished this post, I'll start working on the battles on Floor 4. I'm pretty satisfied with how it's turning out so far. I've fixed some bugs and done some overall polishing on the way. I'm also pretty happy that I've made it to the point where all party members have joined. Adding to that, I've also finished the biggest Floor in the game as well. If I had to guess, I'd say that I've so far finished 40% of the gameplay.

This is the last stage I'm going through, if you don't count the beta testing, that is. I'm estimating that the 4th Floor will be finished sometime next week. If I keep up with this pace, I'll probably be able to have one Floor finished every week.

I'd really like to go into more detail on how the game is playing so far, but I think it's best that I'll wait with that for a future blog. 

By the way, I got this cool idea about the trailer. Any of you remember the old trailer of the original CO?

I'll most likely make the exact same trailer as the old one, but this time, well, it'll be the remake. 

Cool idea, huh? 

I think so, since it will not only come out as a trailer, but a nice little comparison between the two games. 

I'm sure it'll be fun. :)

reCO1_Tropical_Battle.png
reCO1_Northern_Road.png

reCO1_Master_Librarian.png
reCO1_Undersea_Battle.png

reCO1_Secret_Hot_Spring.png
reCO1_Shop_Scene_Updated.png

reCO1_Vast_Sands.png
reCO1_Town_Meeting_Hall.png

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Been pretty sick for a while...

...BUT I think I'm starting to get back in the room groove! 

I got a nasty cold that's lasted almost 2 weeks now. During that time, I was sadly to tired and fatigued to progress on the game. Fear not, since I'm back and almost done with the 5th Floor now! 

I haven't forgot about the trailer I mentioned earlier. After being sick and restless for about 2 weeks, I thought it would be nicer to come back and make some actual progress. 

About the end of 2015 deadline: I still think it's quite possible. These last parts are the toughest in a way, since every progress from here on out are followed by heavy amounts of testing and tweaking. 

I'm estimating that I will have about 1 Floor finished every week and if I work extremely hard, I might even finish 2 Floors somehow.

I know that I'm bad at updating you guys on what's going and I am sorry for that. At this point though, it feels more important to just have the game finished in time for my deadline. 

I might start to add progress scores (with % of completion) so that you guys can sort of be there with me for the final ride.

Once I've finished the 5th Floor, I promise you that I'll go straight to work on that trailer. For now, let me leave you with some screenies:

reCO1_Cavernak_Boss.png
reCO1_Bill.png

reCO1_Mausoleum_Catacombs_Time.png
reco1-ruki-volcano1.png

Look forward to further updates and a trailer coming SOON!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It happens.  What you can do is to use the Report button (bottom right, near the multiquote button) to report the second post and ask the mod for this forum to delete it.

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the info man. I'll fix it tomorrow as I'm currently hitting the sack.

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And the trailer is finally done and uploaded! 

Here's a little present for you:

It's not just a remake of the game, it's also a remake of the actual trailer!

Enjoy!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very nice trailer and mapping, you used the VX RTP beautifully well.

I hope you will remake Castle Oblivion 2 aswell one day, it's my favourite in the series and the first rm game that I played. :rhappy:

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ksjp17: Thanks! I tried hard to replicate the original trailer in many shots, while trying to make the video and music go hand in hand.

@Dalph: I'm really trying to push the RTP to its limits, while coming up with new and unique ways to use it. I'm really glad to hear that the effort I put in this shows. Thanks!

I really want to remake CO2, for the sake of finishing the trilogy. My writer has even written an entire plot outline/draft of the game script for it. I have a lot of ideas for it

myself as well, but at the moment, I'm kind of burned out after making CO3 and soon this game. The plan is to make it a team effort, which I hope people will be interested

in for the future. I'll mainly be looking for someone interested in working on the gameplay department (mainly battles, mechanics and balance).

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Smallish update:

I recently decided to get some specific stuff out of the way before moving on to work on the main gameplay for Floor 7. Here's a few things I've recently finished, more or less:

• Finished ALL weapons of the game, including stats, descriptions, icons, prices, effects, animations...
  • Finished almost ALL of the Armor stuff (shields, headgear, body armor, accessories).
  • Finished Floor 6 completely, except for an optional dungeon which I'll work on once I'm there.
  • Received an updated version of the main script from my writer.
  • Started working on the new cutscenes of Floor 7.
  • Fixed/updated all transfers between maps up till' the 9th Floor. Reason I'm doing this is to make the map transitions more smooth when a fog is/has been used.
  • Mapped most of the last interiors in Port Brinks. These are all optional, but will become very helpful, especially end game.
  • Added a weather change for Port Brinks for the sake of variety and fresh atmosphere. I'm planning on adding a few more weather changes to the town as I progress on my playthrough.
  • Added new Skills to Celcia and a few OVERDRIVES as well.
Right now, I'll focus on the gameplay for Floor 7. In between the work there, I'll also work on the evolution of Port Brinks: adding ex-Castle inhabitants to the town while updating dialogue for some NPCs.

As I usual, I'll leave you off with some sweet screenshots as eye candy:

reCO1_King_of_Card_Games.png
reCO1_Merchants_House.png
reCO1_Lake_Dragon.png
reCO1_Tent_Scene.png
reCO1_Snowy_Path.png
reCO1_Succubus_Battle.png

That will be it for now! Expect some more info on the Story & Characters next!

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've made some descent progress on the game since my last update. In fact, I'm getting VERY close to the game's completion. Expect a Blog soon with an estimated release date. Also...

...SCREENSHOTS GALORE!

reCO1_Small_Cave.png
reCO1_Northern_Cove_Forest.png

reCO1_Cloudy_Secret.png
reCO1_Thunder_Road.png

reCO1_Butterfly_Jungle.png
reCO1_Lower_Secret.png

reCO1_Laputa_Royal_Academy_of_Sciences.png
reCO1_Battle_against_Lizard_Knights.png

reCO1_My_Key_Has_More_Character_Development_Than_Your_Entire_Main_Cast.png
reCO1_Somber_Snow_Town.png

Stay tuned for that update!

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Weee! They're finally here! :D

Characters:

Vincent:

Vincent.png

A straightforward knight from Kingdom Threas. In a desperate moment, he chose to save himself and abandoned his closest friend Azen to the Castle. It was a decision that cost him his self-respect, but it also spurred him to become someone better. The Castle has reappeared after decades of training. Can Vincent take the opportunity to make amends?

Tikal:

Tikal.png

A quiet witch living in the Cemetery Woods on the first Floor who provides better hospitality than the Castle and Gilgamesh. Tikal and Hanz are determined to find a way out of their bleak home on the first Floor. Not much is known about her past, but she seems to know a lot about the Castle. Her magical talents will be a great asset.

Hanz:

face005.png

A loyal knight from the turbulent country, Asmen, he’ll stick through thick and thin. He’s also stuck on the same Floor as Tikal. Uninterested in living the rest of his life in the Castle, Hanz has been toiling to explore and prepare a way for everyone to leave with him. It’s too bad that most people lack his dedication and decisiveness.

Celcia:

Vera.png

A thie--treasure hunter from the archipelago country, Tynedis. She’s stuck as a captive on the second Floor. In contrast to the three other silent types in the party, Celcia is by far the most bubbly and wears her heart on her sleeve. Her constitution isn’t the greatest, but where there’s a treasure, there’s a way!

Gilgamesh:

Gilgamesh.png

The Castle’s host and Dilan’s apprentice. He has the task of welcoming visitors with the Castle’s finest hospitality whether they want it or not. With Vincent’s return, Gilgamesh also has the task of monitoring his progress. Perhaps Gilgamesh will learn something from Vincent’s inspirational quest.

Dilan:

Dilan_Bust.png

The Mad Philosopher, the architect who built the Castle itself, brick-by-brick and memory-by-memory, and the Castle’s current Lord. Dilan has lived a long life in the Castle running experiment after experiment. Trifles like “ethics” won’t stand in his way of advancing humanity. He’s far too busy to deal with Vincent.

There are of course more characters in the game. These are just some of the main important ones. I'll probably post a biggish blog post on my RMN page here tomorrow, if I get the time. I'd post it here, but I'll have to wait about 72 hours to post  (unless some kind soul will comment after this! ^^). All in all, the end is getting near. 

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Awesome, can't wait!
Thanks! Now I'm able share even more information on the game's status! :D Also, I take it that you're still up for Beta Testing?

(Important update below.)

Ladies and gentlemen, we've finally reached the Top Floor!

Yeah, that's right! Some of you old comers who played the original know what I'm talking about, but for those who don't: the Top Floor is the last Floor of Castle Oblivion.

Everything I've worked on has led up to this point!

During my absence, I was able to finish 1 Floor each week + the stuff that happens in between, as well as some optional stuff. All I can say right now is that we're getting close.

This close:

Total Percent Completion: 92%

This is not the only news I come bearing. The Lord of the Castle aka the Mad Philosopher himself finally got himself the badass portrait that he deserves!

Dilan_Bust.png

The Mad Philosopher, the architect who built the Castle itself, brick-by-brick and memory-by-memory, and the Castle’s current Lord.

Dilan has lived a long life in the Castle running experiment after experiment. Trifles like “ethics” won’t stand in his way of advancing humanity.

He’s far too busy to deal with Vincent.

More awesome character descriptions can be found on the main post!

Not only does he have an awesome portrait, but he also has a couple of facesets with fitting expressions. He also has an awesome sprite, of course.

And that's not all! Our quiet and lovable character, Azen, has received an upgrade more fitting his role as a Dark Knight.

Azen.png

All this is thanks to the talented writer (and franken-spriter?), the13thsecret, who I'm working with on this project.

The game would be nowhere near as engaging and hooking if it weren't for his pure awesomeness.

Screenshot Time:

reCO1_Great_Crystal.png

Yes, just look at those sparkles, Celcia. Believe or not, those sparkles might actually sell the game on their own.

reCO1_Fury_Seeker_Battle.png

From the looks of this monster, it might just be called 'Fury Seeker'. But what do I know?

reCO1_Deep_Void.png

Welcome to the Deep Void. How tough are ya?

reCO1_Underworld.png

Thank goodness I still live up in the Overworld.

reCO1_Doom.png

This guy means business. You should see his HP!

reCO1_Ill_Room.png

No, but we're almost there, Vincent.

Serious Talk:

So, I'm guessing that most of you are just wondering: "...when the heck is this going to be released!?".

I...may or may not have an answer to that. Due to the 'Gam Mak Flow' I've been having while working on this game, I'm happy to tell that the release date I hoped and dreamed for might have come to fruition.

Yes, this means that the full game will be released THIS year, before 2016!

This is not final or anything, but I'm hoping to release the game by the 21st of December. I won't pull modern industry approach, everything, including all Optional Bosses, Sidequests and whatever, will be

ready from Day 1. Think of this as an early Christmas gift from me.

While the game probably will be finished pretty soon, it won't be able to reach its 'final form' without you; the Beta Testers.

Call out for Beta Testers:

Yes, it's that time of the year development. Before I can release the game officially to the public, I'll need you guys/gals to help me test this beast. I'm currently looking for any beta testers in general,

but mostly, those who'll be able to have some spare time in order to test and give feedback before the planned released (who knows, if things turn out really well, this might happen sooner than expected).

Current List of Beta Testers:

Adena

kenlan

Zephire98

WalkerMage102

(Hopefully my writer, the13thsecret, will join here as well.)

So if you want to be a part of this final stretch, as a Beta Tester, please, lend me your voice, either by commenting, PMing, or whatever you prefer. I'm all over the web!

Any and all help is immensely appreciated!

(I will most likely make a new blog later about this matter alone sometime in the near future.)

At the moment, I'm not the only one playing testing the game. My good Indonesian friend, Adena, has taken his time to Alpha/Early Beta Test the game.

This means that the Beta Version of Castle Oblivion: Remake will be even more polished and bug-ridden! We've already found some small bugs/errors

which have been fixed.

Last Words:

While I've been playing and testing the game, I've grown to enjoy it a lot more than I first expected (mainly because I'm the creator, and creators always hate their own work the most, no matter what

everyone else thinks.). I can honestly say, as a developer, game designer, creator and human being, that I'm really proud of my work. I'm carrying strong belief and hope that this game will really be

'something'. It feels like if I'm being able to enjoy my game myself, there's a good chance the players will as well. 

This may or may not be the third-to-last blog post before the game's release. Look forward to that.   

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress has been very good the last few days. So far the game is about 24 hours long. Most cut-scenes have been skimmed during my playthrough and since I'm a creator, I assume that it will take longer for the average player to beat the game. As it holds up, I'm guessing that the game will be about 30+ hours long. Not as long as CO3, but still pretty meaty IMO. I'm currently working on the last bits of the optional content. After that, there'll only be the final battles left! :)

Here's some screens showcasing some new and optional areas:

reCO1_Butterfly_Falls.png

reCO1_Resistance_Orb.png

reCO1_Light_Road.png

There'll be no DLC this time around. Everything should be ready and playable from Day 1. :)

We're almost there, so make sure you stay tuned!

Luiishu535

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The whole portrait doesn't have a lower body, but I see what you mean. I lowered it to the bottom and it looks like this:

These_breasts_gave_me_a_very_secure_feeling2.png

It's better, but still looks a bit cut-off. Maybe I could add some darkness/blur to the lower edge.

Thanks for the feedback!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member