RMVXA Castle Warfare

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Tw0Face, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]

Castle Warfare is game planned to be a turn-based tower defense game which turns out to be a strategically resource management game with 15 different scenarios and a total playtime of approximately ~2 - 2.5 hours. The Vx Ace RTP is not required to play.

The game is both playable in English and German.

GAMEPLAY:
    Defend all the castles
    During each scenario, you have to create industrial buildings to farm ressources like wood, rock and ore in order to build various defense facilities. Increasing your defenses will stop enemy waves from destroying your castle. Are you good enough to defend all the castles? And can you even take on a dragon?

Destroy your enemies
    In some scenarios, you have to destroy the enemy's castles in their territories by using the catapult. They will build military bases, watchtowers, academies and other buildings to protect themselves from your attacks. Therefore, a solid strategy is everything you need to bring the enemy to their knees and destroy their castle.

FEATURES:
    Features
    • Fight against orcs or dwarves, depending on whether you are in the mountains or in the valley. Be well prepared for new and even stronger enemies.
    • Create various buildings, such as sawmills, quarries, ore mines and military bases.
    • Create a seaport to trade ressources and fend off enemy attacks with alchemy.
    • Destroy enemy castles with the help of infantry or by using a powerful catapult. A tactical combat system is waiting for you, where you need to collect raw material as fast as you can to destroy your enemies.
    • Unlock new and awesome buildings, such as watchtowers, townhalls, churches and much more.

SCREENSHOTS:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD:

MEDIA:
    Walkthrough
    Don't forget to watch this awesome Walkthrough/Let's Play made by thesacredlobo. It will definitely help you if you get stuck in the game at some point. You can find it here.

Let's Play: Castle Warfare (Scenario 01 - 07)
    Let's Play: Castle Warfare (Scenario 08 - 15)

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Kauzz, Starmage and Zealraid like this.
  2. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Has anyone already tried the game and would like to share their thoughts with me? :)

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

3. RoyalGuilds

RoyalGuilds Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's a pretty nice and unique game. Definitely has lot's of potential. I feel like this is worth a download if you want a break from traditional RPGs and want to play a game where you can plan out how you are gonna win. It's one of those games I would love to know how it was done. Well done.

Tw0Face likes this.
  4. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @ RoyalGuilds: Thank you. I'm glad that you find the game unique and hopefully you'll have lots of fun with it. Feel free to leave me some feedback once you've played it. To how it was done: Before I was even thinking about touching the RPG Maker for the first time, I spent a lot of time planning the game carefully on a piece of paper. Sounds odd, but this has definitely made things a lot easier and also helped me to find my perfect workflow to stay motivated during the whole development.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

5. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Silenity did a Let's Try on Castle Warfare a month ago and I feel like it would be a good idea to post it here for you to watch. Maybe his video makes you want to try out the game yourself. Have a lot of fun and never forget to defend your Castle!

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. Liam3703

Liam3703 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This game is great!!! Nice job!!! I really think you should put it on a website via HTML! Again, nice work!!!

Tw0Face likes this.
  7. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Liam3703: Wow, thank you very much. I'm glad that you like the game so much. Thanks for giving it a go!

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

8. Stapleton

Stapleton Underground Veteran

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks very neat! You've got some talent.
    I've actually been working on a game similiar to this one as my next project.

Tw0Face likes this.
  9. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Stapleton: Thanks a lot, mate. I don't know if I'm really talented, tho. However, I put effort into my games and I'm really happy when it pays off and people like it. I would be glad, if you leave me some feedback as you played the game. As for your project, you should definitely do it. Developing management games is lots of fun. You also learn a lot of new stuff from it.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Stapleton likes this.
  10. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Castle Warfare Final Edition

I've prepared an update for you. This is the final version of Castle Warfare.

1. Added the point Options to the title menu, where you can adjust the volume of BGM, SE and SE.

[​IMG]

2. I've made a new Save Menu that will give you some more information; for example on what level you are and if it's an offensive or defensive level. This can be seen by the icon (shield or sword).

[​IMG]

3. In addition, I've slightly adjusted the Windowskin. It's not just pitch black anymore. Instead, I tried to find a shade of gray that blends in better with the interface.

[​IMG]

The final version is now available for download. Get it here.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face