RMVXA Castle Warfare

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Tw0Face, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]

Castle Warfare is game planned to be a turn-based tower defense game which turns out to be a strategically resource management game with 15 different scenarios and a total playtime of approximately ~2 - 2.5 hours. The Vx Ace RTP is not required to play.

The game is both playable in English and German.

GAMEPLAY:
    Defend all the castles
    During each scenario, you have to create industrial buildings to farm ressources like wood, rock and ore in order to build various defense facilities. Increasing your defenses will stop enemy waves from destroying your castle. Are you good enough to defend all the castles? And can you even take on a dragon?

Destroy your enemies
    In some scenarios, you have to destroy the enemy's castles in their territories by using the catapult. They will build military bases, watchtowers, academies and other buildings to protect themselves from your attacks. Therefore, a solid strategy is everything you need to bring the enemy to their knees and destroy their castle.

FEATURES:
    Features
    • Fight against orcs or dwarves, depending on whether you are in the mountains or in the valley. Be well prepared for new and even stronger enemies.
    • Create various buildings, such as sawmills, quarries, ore mines and military bases.
    • Create a seaport to trade ressources and fend off enemy attacks with alchemy.
    • Destroy enemy castles with the help of infantry or by using a powerful catapult. A tactical combat system is waiting for you, where you need to collect raw material as fast as you can to destroy your enemies.
    • Unlock new and awesome buildings, such as watchtowers, townhalls, churches and much more.

SCREENSHOTS:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD:

MEDIA:
    Walkthrough
    Don't forget to watch this awesome Walkthrough/Let's Play made by thesacredlobo. It will definitely help you if you get stuck in the game at some point. You can find it here.

Let's Play: Castle Warfare (Scenario 01 - 07)
    Let's Play: Castle Warfare (Scenario 08 - 15)

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Has anyone already tried the game and would like to share their thoughts with me? :)

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

3. RoyalGuilds

RoyalGuilds Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's a pretty nice and unique game. Definitely has lot's of potential. I feel like this is worth a download if you want a break from traditional RPGs and want to play a game where you can plan out how you are gonna win. It's one of those games I would love to know how it was done. Well done.

Tw0Face likes this.
  4. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @ RoyalGuilds: Thank you. I'm glad that you find the game unique and hopefully you'll have lots of fun with it. Feel free to leave me some feedback once you've played it. To how it was done: Before I was even thinking about touching the RPG Maker for the first time, I spent a lot of time planning the game carefully on a piece of paper. Sounds odd, but this has definitely made things a lot easier and also helped me to find my perfect workflow to stay motivated during the whole development.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

5. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Silenity did a Let's Try on Castle Warfare a month ago and I feel like it would be a good idea to post it here for you to watch. Maybe his video makes you want to try out the game yourself. Have a lot of fun and never forget to defend your Castle!

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. Liam3703

Liam3703 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This game is great!!! Nice job!!! I really think you should put it on a website via HTML! Again, nice work!!!

Tw0Face likes this.
  7. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Liam3703: Wow, thank you very much. I'm glad that you like the game so much. Thanks for giving it a go!

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

8. Stapleton

Stapleton Underground Veteran

First Language:
    Gaeilge
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks very neat! You've got some talent.
    I've actually been working on a game similiar to this one as my next project.

Tw0Face likes this.
  9. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Stapleton: Thanks a lot, mate. I don't know if I'm really talented, tho. However, I put effort into my games and I'm really happy when it pays off and people like it. I would be glad, if you leave me some feedback as you played the game. As for your project, you should definitely do it. Developing management games is lots of fun. You also learn a lot of new stuff from it.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Stapleton likes this.
  10. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Castle Warfare Final Edition

I've prepared an update for you. This is the final version of Castle Warfare.

1. Added the point Options to the title menu, where you can adjust the volume of BGM, SE and SE.

[​IMG]

2. I've made a new Save Menu that will give you some more information; for example on what level you are and if it's an offensive or defensive level. This can be seen by the icon (shield or sword).

[​IMG]

3. In addition, I've slightly adjusted the Windowskin. It's not just pitch black anymore. Instead, I tried to find a shade of gray that blends in better with the interface.

[​IMG]

The final version is now available for download. Get it here.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

11. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just stumbled across this in one of my explorations for my own game (looking at tower defense/RTS systems). I was a little hesitant initially due to the default graphics and music, but where you lacked in those aspects, you sure as heck made up for in gameplay. Old post, I know, but it seems to be your most recent, so just some thoughts that you may find helpful/encouraging.

Tw0Face likes this.
  12. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @HexMozart88: I do that as well sometimes. Looking for games from others to get inspiration for my own. :wink: I can understand your reservations due to the default graphics. I'm probably one of the few people who likes them. I hope you had a good time playing the game.

HexMozart88 likes this.
  13. DarksteelKami

DarksteelKami Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just finished, very fun game! I would certainly be interested if you make a more in depth version.
    If you are still interested in comments:
    The difficulty is very low, especially in the first levels. Also, the whole thing feels a little scripted, more like the game is a puzzle with one right way to do it. On the graphics side, I think the orc attack animations are unnecessary because sometimes I was fighting orcs, or goblins, or dwarves but they all looked the same. I think the rock animation by itself would be fine and just leave whose throwing it to the imagination. I think there are many cool elements in here that could be expanded into a full length game
    Again, very fun game (I especially liked your two language options!) Keep up the good work!

Tw0Face likes this.
  14. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks a lot, @DarksteelKami. I'm always happy to get some comments and I'm glad you liked the game so far. Yes, the possible solutions will slowly decrease as the game progresses which is intentionally. At the first stages you got many different ways to win and sometimes you don't even have to raise up all the buildings available. The pictures for orcs and dwarves aren't the same but I understand your point that they look quite similar. What do you mean exactly by expanding it into a full length game or more in depth version?
    Thanks again. I'll try. :wink:

DarksteelKami likes this.
  15. DarksteelKami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Tw0Face,

I don't know exactly what I mean, ha ha. I guess just if there was an expanded storyline, more levels (harder levels!), and more options. For example, it would be cool if you could build a town-hall and build other options from that, or you could build an academy and that would lead to different building options (giving different spells). Also, two paths each following a different hero would be cool -- one might be more attack missions (which I think you could definitely expand on, they were awesome), and one might be more defense ones... but something like that might be a completely different game!

Anyway, I just think it was a cool game, and when it was done I was like, "hmm, it'd be cool if there was more." (The little cut scene after the end was great!).

16. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @DarksteelKami: Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You're right, that would be a completely different game. However, I'm interested in any feedback, even if I may not implement it. :biggrin: I also thought if there should be upgrades for some buildings. I'll consider doing that for my next game. I see that you would liked to have it more challenging. Wasn't there a single level that you found difficult to solve? How was your total playtime?
    Thanks. :cool:

DarksteelKami likes this.
  17. DarksteelKami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The majority of levels I cleared on the first try. The attack missions were harder, and the first attack mission where he had an academy I had to do three times. My total play time was somewhere around 3hrs. maybe a little more or less. I think that for someone with less experience with tactics and puzzle games, the difficulty is just right, and even for a veteran it was quite fun!

I would certainly be interested when you release a new game of this type, keep up the good work!

Tw0Face likes this.
  18. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Beware of the dragon! (Small Update)

[​IMG]

- The dragon now has its own animation (similar to the dwarfs and orcs in the game)
    - A small graphical bug has been fixed. (The castles didn't burn after they got torched by a dragon. Now they do.)