kaffe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a bad habit of starting projects and never finishing them, so I decided to give myself a challenge: make a game to completion within a single day. Well, this is a finished project, for all that it may be. It is not at all what I anticipated making when I started, and it's probably not very good. I ran out of time to properly play test it or balance it, but hey - it's finished.

I hope you enjoy, but no hard feelings if you don't. This is a game I made to prove to myself that I can actually finish something.

I have a bad habit of starting projects and never finishing them, so I decided to give myself a challenge: make a game to completion within a single day. Well, this is a finished project, for all that it may be. It is not at all what I anticipated making when I started, and it's probably not very good. I ran out of time to properly play test it or balance it, but hey - it's finished.

I hope you enjoy, but no hard feelings if you don't. This is a game I made to prove to myself that I can actually finish something.

There's nothing really to describe about the game, but I shall do my best.

Story

A labyrinth has opened up beneath Castle Tarsey and monsters are flooding the caverns beneath where the queen rules. With such an imminent danger being present, the queen sense the commander of the Queen's Guard, Edgar, to clear out the monsters and the four beasts who rule them.

Goals

Beat the boss that resides on each level - four in total. There is one side quest present where you can help the jester find his missing ring for a reward. Battle monsters, sell loot, and upgrade your gear along the way.

Special Features

Custom (and poorly made) graphics reminiscent of the NES era of JRPG's and inspired by the original Dragon Quest.

Important things to Note

As stated above, this is a game I made over the course of one day. While I did go through and fix some bugs, many design issues are still present because of the time frame. An important lesson is this: if you are making a game under a timed challenge, prioritize design over custom graphics. Also be sure to limit your scope to avoid having to go through and change things last minute like I did.

Download Link
https://kaffe.itch.io/castles-labyrinth

Screen Shots attached below

Attachments

• screenshot01.png
    screenshot01.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 10
  • screenshot02.png
    screenshot02.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 9
  • screenshot03.png
    screenshot03.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How funny would it be if one of us remade "The Town With No Name" in RPG Maker?
I miss my friends from the work experience program... maybe once I move, I'll have a little party with them. I'll even show them my games and perhaps my puppets. Did you know I make working puppets?
Episode 18 is here. We're still making a game in RPG Maker MZ. This week, let's make that cliff map look awesome with the new tiles we made last week! Join us live, now!

I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.
How comes, when you are fearful to log anywhere, that somebody close passed from COVID and you learn too late, you suddenly are mortified that others who almost share BDay dates didn't answer the art you made for them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanzLuther