Castlevenia fans rejoice! New Castlevenia game and it...

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
That does sound pretty cool, actually.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why don't they make an open-world Castlevania game in the same vain as Witcher 3?

I'd definitely play that.
I don't think a Castlevania game that breaks the second you do something out of order would work out all that well.

Also, they'd probably have the gall to charge $2 for all of their on-disc DLC.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why don't they make an open-world Castlevania game in the same vain as Witcher 3?

Would that really be 'castlevania' anymore though? If it's not metrovania genred then for me anyway, I'd be hard pressed to really look at it as a Castlevania game. Exploring and re-exploring and filling in the map completely and finding the little secrets and upgrades that allow you to explore more. None of that really applies to open-world (at least not the open-world games I know of?)

If someone wanted to change the genre that much, just make a new franchise and touch on the same atmosphere as Castlevania. Otherwise, it'd just feel like using the name Castlevania to sell it, which just ends up being not that different than this pachinko game. All about the money.

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I think that would be a nice idea, though with Dracula's castle always there as a massive dungeon in itself you would basically need the funds to create two open worlds.  The castle itself is a Chaotic being, alive, and always adapting.  So it would change on each visit.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Still Rather have...bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a tremendous Castlevania fan, I'll admit this is slightly upsetting. But then I already knew of the slot machine games from searching Castlevania music on YouTube and running into them. I could go on and on about everything that was wrong with the Lords of Shadow series, but I digress.

At this point, the series is a grim reminder of the gaming industry and its inevitable(?) crash due to the obvious "business approach" companies are taking with their games over the creative one that dragged in all of us crazy adults in the first place. =P

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It seems like this is the current method of thought for many game companies:

"Wow, people really liked that game we made. Let's change everything except for the title!"

"Aw, people didn't like the second game, which was entirely different from the first. I guess people just don't like games anymore. Let's give up."

Sneakaboo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Why did I had to click that video.........

HawkZombie

Lord of Shadow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why? Because people forgot about Castlevania Judgement.

HISTORY IS DOOMED TO REPEAT ITSELF PEOPLE!!

But seriously, it really is because pachinco is hugely popular in Japan. Hell, even what I've played of it is kinda fun, so there's the appeal there. I just wish we could get another C:SotN or a version for the PC that allows you to do what the Japanese Saturn version did: Maria as a playable character.

ShaneValentine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Why Castlevania has to go down like this? I remember playing them on SNES then on GBA, it was such an epic licence. Circle of the Moon remains one of my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why Castlevania has to go down like this? I remember playing them on SNES then on GBA, it was such an epic licence. Circle of the Moon remains one of my favorites.
For Konami is going mobile (they think there is more potential for money there).  Although the mobile market tends to be very volatile compared to other game markets (fads).

steeltamashii

A Simple Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 I just wish we could get another C:SotN or a version for the PC that allows you to do what the Japanese Saturn version did: Maria as a playable character.
That would be awesome. I'd settle for a translation and release of Rondo of Blood on PC too.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd play it just because the succubus xD :3 :3!

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Lots of talk about the Succubus, yet there's no Incubus in sight. Where's the hunky, half-naked demon boys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesuProYT