RMMV Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer- Beta Version (My First Project)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Ragpuppy87, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Ragpuppy87

Ragpuppy87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Logo.png

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS

• Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer, is an old-school style dungeon crawler RPG. Players take on the role of "The Last Catmancer", who joined by his best friend and a mysterious talking cat, delve into an ancient temple in order to save his pet cat from a mysterious sorcerer. Gameplay consists of navigating simple mazes consisting of multiple floors and battling enemies, while avoiding traps and collecting treasure. Battle mechanics include the classic ATB combat style and feature a party limit gauge used to unleash devastating attacks on the foe. As players level up they will gain new skills and abilities that will be helpful in progressing further into the temple. A charming story about the value of friendship sprinkled with bits of humor throughout ties everything together.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    Cat Quest 11_6_2019 1_45_20 PM.png

Cat Quest 11_6_2019 1_51_01 PM.png

Cat Quest 11_6_2019 1_56_11 PM.png

Cat Quest 11_6_2019 2_09_59 PM.png

Cat Quest 11_6_2019 2_15_21 PM.png

DOWNLOAD LINK

SECTION B: CHARACTERS

• Kevin-"The Last Catmancer"
      Kevin is an awkward and quiet young man who lives alone with only his pet cat for company. Events beyond his control set him on a journey that propel him towards a destiny he cannot possibly imagine.

Jared-"Faithful Friend"
      Jared is Kevin's only human friend. The two of them are very close. Jared is outgoing and cheerful, contrasting Kevin's more subdued personality.

Cat-"Phantom Feline"
      "Cat" (as she prefers to be called) is a mysterious talking cat that joins Kevin and Jared on their journey acting as a guide. Cat keeps her past well guarded and seems to know more than she lets on...

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT

• Long ago, an ancient battle was waged culminating in the Cat Goddess Bastet, sealing away the Demon King Seth using the power of eight Divine Cats and then disappearing from the world. 10,000 years later, a young man wakes up from a mysterious nightmare. This young man is Kevin. His pet cat is hungry and must be fed as soon as possible. A series of events ultimately lead to Kevin's cat being taken by an evil sorcerer. Joined by his best friend Jared, Kevin pursues the sorcerer to the Temple of Bastet.
      There they meet a talking cat who informs Kevin that he is the "Last Catmancer" a human able to communicate with and draw on the various elemental powers of certain cats. In order to save his companion Kevin will need to seek out the eight Divine Cats who reside in the Temple of Bastet and reach the temple's sanctum. The trio will enter the temple together and journey within while facing dangers from both the temple and the machinations of the mysterious sorcerer who set this all in motion.
      Will Kevin ever see his cat again?

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT

• The game takes place for the most part entirely within the Temple of Bastet. An area known as the "Hall of the Elements" serves as a central hub. Eight dungeons branch from the Hall of the Elements and must be completed in order to reach the upper floors of the temple.

Marquise*, kovak, M.I.A. and 2 others like this.
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Glad that you have moved so decisively beyond the disappointment of losing the original version. Determination has its rewards!

Marquise* and Ragpuppy87 like this.
  3. Kokoro Hane

Kokoro Hane Overly Ambitious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oooh, this looks fun and cute! (I love cats, so....) I'm gonna be downloading this later and giving the game a shot! I'll be sure to give you some of my thoughts when I begin playing it ^^

Marquise* and Ragpuppy87 like this.
  4. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Mmm this is intriguing ^^

Ragpuppy87 likes this.
  5. Gianmher

Gianmher Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, you have no mercy with those double boss fights. I suggest you to add a save-heal point before the 4 dungeons in the hall