Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/cat-quest-the-last-catmancer.115022/post-1045048

Beta Version

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS

• Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer, is an old-school style dungeon crawler RPG. Players take on the role of "The Last Catmancer", who joined by his best friend and a mysterious talking cat, delve into an ancient temple in order to save his pet cat from a mysterious sorcerer. Gameplay consists of navigating simple mazes consisting of multiple floors and battling enemies, while avoiding traps and collecting treasure. Battle mechanics include the classic ATB combat style and feature a party limit gauge used to unleash devastating attacks on the foe. As players level up they will gain new skills and abilities that will be helpful in progressing further into the temple. A charming story about the value of friendship sprinkled with bits of humor throughout ties everything together.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

DOWNLOAD LINK

SECTION B: CHARACTERS

• Kevin-"The Last Catmancer"
    Kevin is an awkward and quiet young man who lives alone with only his pet cat for company. Events beyond his control set him on a journey that propel him towards a destiny he cannot possibly imagine.

Jared-"Faithful Friend"
    Jared is Kevin's only human friend. The two of them are very close. Jared is outgoing and cheerful, contrasting Kevin's more subdued personality.

Cat-"Phantom Feline"
    "Cat" (as she prefers to be called) is a mysterious talking cat that joins Kevin and Jared on their journey acting as a guide. Cat keeps her past well guarded and seems to know more than she lets on...

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT

• Long ago, an ancient battle was waged culminating in the Cat Goddess Bastet, sealing away the Demon King Seth using the power of eight Divine Cats and then disappearing from the world. 10,000 years later, a young man wakes up from a mysterious nightmare. This young man is Kevin. His pet cat is hungry and must be fed as soon as possible. A series of events ultimately lead to Kevin's cat being taken by an evil sorcerer. Joined by his best friend Jared, Kevin pursues the sorcerer to the Temple of Bastet.
    There they meet a talking cat who informs Kevin that he is the "Last Catmancer" a human able to communicate with and draw on the various elemental powers of certain cats. In order to save his companion Kevin will need to seek out the eight Divine Cats who reside in the Temple of Bastet and reach the temple's sanctum. The trio will enter the temple together and journey within while facing dangers from both the temple and the machinations of the mysterious sorcerer who set this all in motion.
    Will Kevin ever see his cat again?

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT

• The game takes place for the most part entirely within the Temple of Bastet. An area known as the "Hall of the Elements" serves as a central hub. Eight dungeons branch from the Hall of the Elements and must be completed in order to reach the upper floors of the temple.

Last edited:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oooh, this looks fun and cute! (I love cats, so....) I'm gonna be downloading this later and giving the game a shot! I'll be sure to give you some of my thoughts when I begin playing it ^^

Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, you have no mercy with those double boss fights. I suggest you to add a save-heal point before the 4 dungeons in the hall

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, you have no mercy with those double boss fights. I suggest you to add a save-heal point before the 4 dungeons in the hall
Hi! Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you made it so far into the game! There are save points in each chamber before the bosses. It is technically the game's final dungeon so it's meant to be a bit difficult. I will however consider your advice. Thanks again!

Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you made it so far into the game! There are save points in each chamber before the bosses. It is technically the game's final dungeon so it's meant to be a bit difficult. I will however consider your advice. Thanks again!
I mean, the save point is for farming lv in those dungeons, because you can't go back when you reach the double boss chamber. I've reached lv 40 before enter in that area, but it's impossible beat the first double boss fight

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, the save point is for farming lv in those dungeons, because you can't go back when you reach the double boss chamber. I've reached lv 40 before enter in that area, but it's impossible beat the first double boss fight
Hmm. I see your point. You are a bit underleveled for this area. You should be around Level 50 before entering the Labyrinth of the Eye. But I don't want the player to hit a wall once they've made it this far.
All right! An additional save point will be added in the next update. It should be released next week. :cutesmile:

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.0.1 is now available! The following issues have been addressed:

-A few spelling, punctuation and grammar errors.
-The power of the game's hidden legendary weapons and armors has been considerably increased.
-Updated Credits.
-An additional save point has been added in the Labyrinth of the Eye.
-A bug with the Limit Attack of the Aspects of Anubis has been corrected.
-A programming error in the game's epilogue has also been fixed.

EDIT: Hopefully this doesn't count as double posting. Technically I am a few hours shy from that 48 hour mark...

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is such a perfect companion piece to my own equally ridiculous Doge Saga. I'm gonna get stoned as funk and play this one of those days. (The phantom feline I can now only picture (or hear) as the terribly mysterious Matthew Broderick-voiced talking cat from the last episode of Rick and Morty.)

Edit: what are the little meters with the crystal balls on the either side of the battle screenshot?

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: what are the little meters with the crystal balls on the either side of the battle screenshot?
Those represent a party limit gauge. As they fill up certain special attacks can be performed by the player or certain enemies.

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Update: Version 2.0 is now in the planning stages. This will include a major overhaul of all of the game's dungeons.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[mod]Moving this to Games in Development at the request of the OP as it will be going into major revision[/mod]

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently corresponding with another on these forums and doing some very heavy redesign.

What we are working on:
-All new dungeons rebuilt from the ground up.
-A more cohesive, fluent and richer story.
-Brand new, original enemy artwork.
-New sound and music.

I want this game to be the best it can be. What was posted before was the best I could do by myself. Now I have a partner who is quite a bit more experienced and is willing to share that knowledge with me.
Together we can make this game far better than it was before.

The original beta version will remain playable until enough material has been created for a demo of the new version.

To everyone who played the original, I thank you and hope you will be willing to try this new version when it is finally released.

Credit to @Finnuval for the brand new, amazing title screen!

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played this game a week or 2 ago, its really nice (because I love cats). it's hard, but
dungeons really need improvements. The story on the other hand is nice. When I got some time,
I try to clear the 3rd dungeon.

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Update: Progress was delayed for a bit due to Covid-19 but work is scheduled to resume soon.
I am both honored and excited to be working together with @Finnuval and now @SmashArtist to make this project the best it can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998