Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love the lore you've created around the cats! Look forward to seeing more to come.
The lore has been given even more depth and detail in the latest story overhaul - so be sure to keep an eye out for it ;)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need to replay this game, but I got busy in RL, I wil definitly when the new version is out,
so ping me by than while I dont get the message when there is a reply on it :)

Keep up the nice work.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For those wondering, there will be well over 100 custom enemies and once the game is done and published, thanks to @Ragpuppy87's generous soul, a good portion of those will be released to the public as free resources :D

cordialChaos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw, the download link in unavailable? I'm super intrigued and would like to play.

Ragpuppy87

Apprentice Owl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw, the download link in unavailable? I'm super intrigued and would like to play.
Yes. The download link was for the Beta Version which has unfortunately been lost.
You can however view the entire Beta Version here in a series of gameplay videos.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find this premise very charming. I hope this gets finished, like so few things do! Does this take place in a modern, more-or-less real world setting? Bastet and Set are real world Egyptian deities (not that I need to tell you this orz) and I saw a laptop so that's why I ask. I really like things that are not in magical fantasy settings.

In terms of constructive criticism, I've only got one quibble, which is that Kevin's apartment seems prettty roomy. It might be good if it (and other mundane locations) was a little more cramped, so as to contrast with the grandeur of the wide open desert with its vast open spaces and the huge halls of the cat temple itself.

Ragpuppy87

Apprentice Owl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find this premise very charming. I hope this gets finished, like so few things do! Does this take place in a modern, more-or-less real world setting? Bastet and Set are real world Egyptian deities (not that I need to tell you this orz) and I saw a laptop so that's why I ask. I really like things that are not in magical fantasy settings.

Thanks for your interest!

The Prologue takes place in a modern real world setting.
The actual game takes place in a more fantasy world location that the player is transported to.

As for the maps. I agree they are a bit roomy. I'm a novice map maker and tend to make the maps far bigger than they probably need to be.

The Apartment does serve as a central location for the Prologue though so there is a bit to interact with and several important scenes play out in this location.

But I'll keep your feedback in mind!

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does this take place in a modern, more-or-less real world setting? Bastet and Set are real world Egyptian deities (not that I need to tell you this orz) and I saw a laptop so that's why I ask. I really like things that are not in magical fantasy settings
As Ragpuppy87 says the setting itself is magical in nature (transported to a portal and the use of magic) however the setting of the world they find themselves in is heavily based on Egyptian Mythos - with a little extra flair and twists thrown in, ofcourse.

I would say it is definetly NOT historically accurate by any means and we do not keep inline with any specific RL Mythos, tho anyone into those things will definetly see an overlap and interesting take on certain things and correlations.

Ragpuppy87

Apprentice Owl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Update: I have scrapped all progress on the current project version and have restarted from the ground up. Instead of a cobbled together mess of the previous two versions, I will release a product utilizing all I have learned thus far in combination with the artistic and mapping skills of my partner @Finnuval. This will push back the estimated release date nearly an additional year to late 2023. Both Finnuval and I are working daily on this to make sure it is of the best quality we can do.
It will take time however. I thank everyone for their understanding and support.

Here is a small sample of the changes to come.
Map252.png

Map005.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is what I call a huge makeover :p looks really nice,specially the lightning part.
which is probably harder to make :)

can't wait for the next version.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still have the beta version, so I can compare the 2.
but mapping isn't my strong suite so it goes slow :D

but keep up the nice work you 2.

Ragpuppy87

Apprentice Owl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!:kaohi:

Just wanted to let you all know that progress is moving at a steady pace despite the huge undertaking.:kaopride:
Currently we are working on parallax mapping, refining the last little story-elements, etc.
Here is a little something we'd like to share with you today and we'll see you at the next update!
Tablet1.png

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Minor secondary update : most of the larger maps are nearly done . Lots of smaller maps still to go so wish us Luck xD

Ragpuppy87

Apprentice Owl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Update: August 2021-
After taking some time off last month to help @Finnuval with his "Touch the Stars" Game Jam Submission, I look forward to continuing progress on "Cat Quest" this month. I have received some necessary assets from @SmashArtist to finish the last of the village interior maps. This months goals include finishing the last few exterior maps of Act 1 and start work on the many interior maps of the temple. Speaking of the temple...
TempleOut.png

Ragpuppy87

Apprentice Owl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that looks really goooOOOOoooOOOO--ooooOOOOoooD.
just let me play the game alread D:
Thanks for your support! The game is still slated for a 2023 release date. I know its a long way out but I hope you'll wait for us! We are working our hardest to make sure it is the best we can do. But perhaps a demo will be available next year or even late this year! No promises but we will see what we can do!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrupterJ