centaur66

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi, I'm a bit new so i've just been doing my best to learn by doing but i couldn't figure this out.

Im trying to have an actor join my party and follow behind the main character but i couldn't find anything online that could help me with this issue. So im not really even sure if this is possible to do? I'd appreciate some help <3

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tutorials' is where people who have made a tutorial for others to use can post them.

[move]RPG Maker XP[/move]

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Actually, you need a script for this.

Moving this to RGSS Script Requests

I'm surprised you didn't find anything, as a quick google search gets me the following ones:
Zeriab's (also contains a link to fukuyama's)
Heretic's

As an aside there's also Moonpearl's script, though it's not caterpillar movement.

I'm sure @DerVVulfman knows some more scripts you can use. ;)

Last edited:

centaur66

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
thanks everyone, i really wasnt sure where to post that so forgive me :0

DerVVulfman

Resident Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey, @slimmmeiske2 I guess you just lit the Wolf-Signal. (Batman fan here).

My forum has a thread dedicated to a list of scripts, divided by categories. I'll list the RMXP ones relevant.

Scr-XP.png
Caterpillar Script
by Ccoa (November 30th, 2007)
Move any train actor independently of the train using Move Route commands.
Return actors to player position with one command.
Make train actors invisible with a switch.

Scr-XP.png
Enhanced Squad Movement
DerVVulfman (December 25, 2017)
Caterpillar, or party-following systems, have been around in RPGMaker games for years. Yet most follow the same basic single-file design. Not so with Near Fantastica's Squad Movement system, a system which allows the player to deliver a couple of limited commands. Now revised, this rendition of Near Fantastica's Squad Movement comes with a detailed configuration system, and a host of script calls that can give the game developer a strong sense of power over the player's visible party.

Scr-XP.png
KA-terpillar + Settings
kyonides (May 20, 2014)
This plug and play script lets you see the other 3 party members on screen like other scripts do but also lets you change the current party formation by shifting the first member to the last position or the last one to the first position or it shifts them semi-randomly for you. You can check its simple menu to change the settings at any time, it even includes dummy characters so you can check out what are the changes that you want to apply to your team.

Scr-XP.png
Squad Movement
by Near Fantastica (May 23, 2005)
Allows you to show you AND your party members on the field map and perform some limited commands via keyboard.

Scr-XP.png
Train Actor / Caterpillar
by fukuyama (2004)
EDIT by Blizzard (2005)
This is an edit of possibly the first and best known caterpillar system for RMXP. It will let your party members "follow" the main character on the map.

Scr-XP.png
Trickster's Caterpillar System
by Trickster ()
This is a caterpillar system nothing special. This code is based on Fukuyama's version only better.

Scr-XP.png
Zeriab's Caterpillar Script
by Zeriab (August 25th, 2008)
This script creates a caterpillar of the party members by using events present on the map. (You need to actually make the events in the editor) When the caterpillar is deactivated they act just like any other event. Most event commands still works on the events when the caterpillar is activated, but the results be strange.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenWings