Caterpillar effect in xp

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by centaur66, Apr 18, 2019.

1. centaur66

centaur66 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hi, I'm a bit new so i've just been doing my best to learn by doing but i couldn't figure this out.

Im trying to have an actor join my party and follow behind the main character but i couldn't find anything online that could help me with this issue. So im not really even sure if this is possible to do? I'd appreciate some help <3

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Tutorials' is where people who have made a tutorial for others to use can post them.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker XP. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Actually, you need a script for this.

Moving this to RGSS Script Requests

I'm surprised you didn't find anything, as a quick google search gets me the following ones:
    Zeriab's (also contains a link to fukuyama's)
    Heretic's

As an aside there's also Moonpearl's script, though it's not caterpillar movement.

I'm sure @DerVVulfman knows some more scripts you can use. ;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    centaur66 likes this.
  4. BlackMage

BlackMage The Warlock of Darkness Veteran

First Language:
    Bahasa
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    centaur66 likes this.
  5. centaur66

centaur66 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    thanks everyone, i really wasnt sure where to post that so forgive me :0

6. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hey, @slimmmeiske2 I guess you just lit the Wolf-Signal. (Batman fan here).

My forum has a thread dedicated to a list of scripts, divided by categories. I'll list the RMXP ones relevant.

[​IMG] Caterpillar Script
    by Ccoa (November 30th, 2007)
    Move any train actor independently of the train using Move Route commands.
    Return actors to player position with one command.
    Make train actors invisible with a switch.

[​IMG] Enhanced Squad Movement
    DerVVulfman (December 25, 2017)
    Caterpillar, or party-following systems, have been around in RPGMaker games for years. Yet most follow the same basic single-file design. Not so with Near Fantastica's Squad Movement system, a system which allows the player to deliver a couple of limited commands. Now revised, this rendition of Near Fantastica's Squad Movement comes with a detailed configuration system, and a host of script calls that can give the game developer a strong sense of power over the player's visible party.

[​IMG] KA-terpillar + Settings
    kyonides (May 20, 2014)
    This plug and play script lets you see the other 3 party members on screen like other scripts do but also lets you change the current party formation by shifting the first member to the last position or the last one to the first position or it shifts them semi-randomly for you. You can check its simple menu to change the settings at any time, it even includes dummy characters so you can check out what are the changes that you want to apply to your team.

[​IMG] Squad Movement
    by Near Fantastica (May 23, 2005)
    Allows you to show you AND your party members on the field map and perform some limited commands via keyboard.

[​IMG] Train Actor / Caterpillar
    by fukuyama (2004)
    EDIT by Blizzard (2005)
    This is an edit of possibly the first and best known caterpillar system for RMXP. It will let your party members "follow" the main character on the map.

[​IMG] Trickster's Caterpillar System
    by Trickster ()
    This is a caterpillar system nothing special. This code is based on Fukuyama's version only better.

[​IMG] Zeriab's Caterpillar Script
    by Zeriab (August 25th, 2008)
    This script creates a caterpillar of the party members by using events present on the map. (You need to actually make the events in the editor) When the caterpillar is deactivated they act just like any other event. Most event commands still works on the events when the caterpillar is activated, but the results be strange.