Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cats Vs. Zombies
CVZ.png
Welcome to Badtown, we have zombies for you.

Badtown got it's name rightfully, this place is just bad. Well, it used to not be, but now there are zombies freaking everywhere! It was bad enough when there were just one or two, but the whole town has been "zombie-fied," meaning that there is literally no one left to operate the can openers! I have got to level with you, fixing those humans is going to be a pain. But, a tomcat, named Tom, has got to do what a cat has got to do. He's got to fix those humans.

Game Mechanics
  • Not an RPG, but it is RPGMaker MV.
  • Cats can claw, so use "B" to slap some sense into a zombie; they had it coming anyway.
  • Mark your territory to unlock the caterwaul location. "I can pee on that!"
  • Due to personal traumatic experiences, the car cannot hit the cat. Once was enough, thank you.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
2018-10-19T22-23-12-433Z.jpeg
2018-10-15T06-10-13-203Z.jpeg
2018-10-02T05-33-10-751Z.jpeg
2018-10-12T20-40-51-977Z.jpeg

DOWNLOAD LINK
Download from Itch.io! - The folks at RMW are invited to ignore the donation part :kaoblush:

CHARACTERS
  • Tom, the main cat. Underdeveloped like an arcade character should be.
  • Catrina, the newslady. Only shows up in cutscenes,because Arcade-Mode.
  • Mr. Zombino, because someone has to make the pizza.
  • Tom's Girlfriend, because names are for losers.

Badtown Background
In this arcade-like action game, the player, that's you, takes on the role of Tom, the cat, as he claws his way through hordes of zombies on six (6) different levels to get to the root of the cause. Along the way, Tom has to flip switches, push necro-braziers, and mark his territory. (What? You expect to not spray on stuff? C'mon, you're playing as a CAT!)

What Caused this Trainwreck?!
This game was inspired by RMN's "Make a Bad Game" contest, that I, sadly, did not have the time to partake in. Add to that a few friends here that wanted a "cat" game. The deal was sealed when I realized that I had VexedEnigma's POP! Horror resources just sitting there collecting dust. One quick trip to TimeFantasy's corner, and I had the cat, the tiles, and the inspiration. Now, it's time to level some claws of retribution on those zombie fiends!

Special Note: If you find any missed credits in the included readme.pdf, please let me know so I can correct the issue. I think I have it all covered, but, as everyone here knows, it's easy to miss something. Thanks a heap!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Weeeeeeeeee~! I love it even if I didn't beaten it up yet! ^^ Kitties and Zombies, who knew this could work. Happy Halloween!

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't seem to be able to attack anything. B does nothing. I did run around and get to rank Kitten though!

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MaGicBush I'm downloading it to a computer without RMMV to test. Keep in mind you have to be near a zombie for it to work. This makes me want to put in a "miss" animation just in case :)

@Marquise* Thank you !!

I'll update this post once I've had the chance to test it out on a PC without RMMV on it. (Thanks for the feedback)

------EDIT-----

I'm calling this a design misconception on my part. I simply didn't give any player-feedback on a "miss." I've corrected that now, and have uploaded an update - and even worked in some further compression to get the download size a bit smaller too!

Last edited:

onekksu

Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahaha thats really nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I spent a lot of time creating it.
Follow up new work.
With every new day I'm working on more and more exciting stuff, how can I even control my own hype?
Angry kitten at the vet tries to sound scary but not doing a very good job of it.

Project Recruitment Threads be like: "Just need an artist, mapper, coder, musician and writer! I will put them all together myself." That's not a project team, that's you wanting other people to make everything for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UDMark