starlord

Lead (Emma)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Guys! I've posted a request like this long ago and since there was no progress, I decided to post another request. I've been wanting a UMS conversion for VX Ace for a long time now. I've tried considering Yanfly's Message System but it'll be needed to be tweaked or something for me to be contented (or something). Here's the link to the UMS (for XP). I want the message to appear like a bubble with an arrow (or something like that, I'm not good at describing) pointing to what event is supposed to be talking. Also, I wanted the message to appear above that event. (Just like UMS).

Shaz tried to work on it, but I guessed she had hard times doing it and there was no progress since. I'd appreciate someone helping. :)

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't recall having trouble with it ... I have it working in my own game (though Ace handles most of it by default anyway - it's only the smaller message window and the positioning, along with the name box and a few escape codes that I had to add).

No progress since doesn't mean hard times doing it. It just means I was flat out with other things and either thought it had been resolved, just didn't have the time, or it slipped my mind ;)

starlord

Lead (Emma)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't recall having trouble with it ... I have it working in my own game (though Ace handles most of it by default anyway - it's only the smaller message window and the positioning, along with the name box and a few escape codes that I had to add).

No progress since doesn't mean hard times doing it. It just means I was flat out with other things and either thought it had been resolved, just didn't have the time, or it slipped my mind ;)
Oh.. XD Sorry for that.. ;) I thought you had hard times with it.. Anyway, I'm gonna try the Pop Message and XS' Message System.. But I'm still waiting for a UMS conversion (just in case) .. Thanks for that clarification Shaz. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know why I didn't think of this last night ... I am currently creating a "Template" project similar to Amanda's game template, but for Ace, containing the scripts I would use in commercial projects. There is A message system in there that will do all of the above, but there may be some elements of CCOA's UMS that aren't included (we really only used the small text box above character and ability to show icon/name of database items, and not a whole lot more).

When I get it done I'll post it up, and you can check it out if you find the others aren't what you need.

Also, have you tried Modern Algebra's? I don't know if it does this kind of stuff, but it's also a popular message system.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Modern Algebra's message system has the ability of setting the message box to be just as wide and tall as the text and the ability to make the text appear above the player or an event.

But horizontally, it will always be centered on the screen if the map can't scroll.

Even though the description says that it will appear relative to the events/player, it won't in some circumstances, so it can not be used the way Assassin would like to use it.

I tried to do the same with it but could not manage.

Regardless, the fitting message box option alone is priceless for me, so I am still using the script.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if that's the way it's intended to work, or if it's a bug? Do you know if anyone has reported the "issue" and if MA has responded?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No idea, sorry.

Ever since I configured and tested that script in my project, my focus went on other scripts instead.

But I doubt that that is the intended way of it.

On bigger maps, if the player is at a position where moving left or right would still scroll the map left or right, the message appears where it should, above the events/player at the correct X and Y position.

But as the player moves to either side and closes to the edge of the maps, the message will slowly start to move toward the center of the screen, and it will stop at the center once the map can not scroll anymore.

This behavior sure looks like a bug to me.

starlord

Lead (Emma)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But is it really possible to have it converted for VX Ace? Since they are both Ruby? 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To have what converted? CCOA's UMS? As I said, Ace already DOES many things that she has in her XP script, so some of it doesn't NEED to be converted.

starlord

Lead (Emma)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh.. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck