Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Engine:

RPG Maker MV

Synopsis:

Well, here's hoping I can type 350 words for this synopsis, as I've never really been the best at description, but here goes.

Celestial Frame is a science fiction Role Playing Game about a young girl named Alice who finds out that her grandfather used to be one of the biggest pirates of all time. He sacked and sundered the known galaxy for decades. After hiding his treasure, he settled down, retired, and had a family. Now, pirates are after her grandfather's treasure, so Alice will be launched into space to track it down and find her sister that the pirates have kidnapped. At the same time, she'll be drawn into a rebellion against the Empire (to be renamed later) for the fate of the galaxy. She'll meet friends along the way and also have to deal with betrayal. Can she find her sister, her grandfather's treasure, and save the entire galaxy all at the same time? Only you can help her.

I'd like to add in mini games for people to play where they can earn items, money, or weapons including a minigame that spans the galaxy with a league and then an individual mini game for a couple of the planets.

There will be hidden coins called Galactic Medals that will be hidden everywhere (rocks, trees, jars, barrels, etc.) that will get you the most uber powerful character in the game if you unlock her. There may also be a shop that takes these coins as well for the most powerful, and legendary, equipment and items in the game.

There will be some slight synthesis, but that will mainly be for storyline purposes.

There will also be secret party members for you to go find.

Did I also mention, there will be a gunslinger class that can dual wield and attack twice?

There will be action, adventure, I'm hoping emotion, and ten times the story of my last game.

This is going to be my biggest project ever. Way bigger than A Royal Pain, and that took me a long time to do, so I need some help with this one.

Positions/Roles Needed:

Mapper (lianderson):

Position filled.

Plugin Scripter:
Need someone to make plugins and put them where they go.

Eventer (1): I need someone who I can turn to to ask for help with eventing and will look behind me and check my work to make sure there's no errors and everything works correctly. So more of a backup eventer.

Music Composer (1): Not a biggie, it'd be nice to have original music, but not required.

My Role(s)/Position(s): I will be doing the main eventing and pretty much all of the writing. Doesn't mean I won't be open to ideas from the rest of the team. I'm pretty flexible and the whole team has a say on the game as well.

Will be cross posted.

Last edited:

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Why VX Ace? Why not MZ/MV?

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why VX Ace? Why not MZ/MV?
I know VX Ace better. I have yet to tinker with MV, so I'd rather not make my first MV game, a huge one, especially when I don't know how everything works. And I don't have the money right now for MZ.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm closing this down. Not only do I not have anyone volunteering, I can't get anything I downloaded to work, so I'm going to have to shut this project down. I have tried everything and scoured the internet for tiles, but it's just not happening. Guess I'm not cut out for scifi games. I'll just stick to fantasy. I'm better at that anyways.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Closed at OP's request.

Edit: I've reopened the thread as OP has decided to make this game on MV. Good luck :)

Last edited:

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We are back open for business. I wasn't sure if I needed to restart the thread since I'm changing to MV, but I don't, so let's roll.

Here is the first map.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I went ahead and merged your posts. (Just in case you were wondering)

Ryanu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I may be able to help. We can message privately.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm interested in the plugin scripter position. I specifically don't deal with battle systems unless they're minor systems being built from the ground up. But I'll pretty much script anything else. You can send me a PM if you'd like.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ImaginaryVillain I'm going to look into that.

Plugin manager has been filled. Ryanu is helping out where necessary. GhostJensen will help brainstorm. Anyone else?

Last edited:

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anyone else? Really need a mapper. If I had one, I could start eventing as soon as they're done with each map.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*cuts open acolyte* Does thou still require a mapper?

I shall aid you mortal!

Tell this one the maps you need and the mapping shall be mapped.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why am I hearing Mushu from Mulan? Or is that the wrong reference?

But I'd be glad to have you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

@wrigty12 hi! thanks for showing interest in my work. Sadly the tablet I'm using broke, so I wasn't able to create anything for weeks. Got a new one with display, I'm still not used to it though, so I'm still practicing, doing basic drawings again. Also I'm in my last year of college. Thesis, projects and other activities takes most of my time ;_;.
I'll get back to it whenever I get a free time.
Any artists here planning on participating in the Inktober art prompts this October?
It's right around the corner.
It's rpg maker related so I'll post it here, I worked on a little free rpg maker zine and this was my piece. Play Grimm's Hollow if you haven't already, I liked it a lot. (i don't remember if posting a link to a product even if free is allowed via profile posts, so if anyone knows lemme know)

Suddenly arrived to work and got the pink slip on a contract O_O wait, did i forget something??? (sobbing in corner rn)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mordei