Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do have a question - I now control the ship - I must have missed something or done something wrong - I cannot get back into a couple towns to get the cats and also there is a cave blocked by rocks I cannot get into ? Any help - thanks !!
There is only one cat you can get now. The one you saw before is not accessible until later, as is the blocked cave.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The team gets back to pick up Phoebe and goes to Floating Island. I choose Phoebe to go and set her as a warrior. She cannot longer to collect MP when she receives and does damage anymore. Why?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The team gets back to pick up Phoebe and goes to Floating Island. I choose Phoebe to go and set her as a warrior. She cannot longer to collect MP when she receives and does damage anymore. Why?
Energy Modes only affect how an actor gains Energy, not MP. Putting her in the middle row causes her to regain a little MP after each turn, though.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The keys for the doors are scattered throughout the game. Later on, you can come back to the mansion with keys that you've found to unlock new rooms. It will be close to the end of the game before you can unlock everything.
I am at the point to take control of the boat, where should I go next? how to load the map to learn locations. At this point, I only found one key to unlock rooms in the mansion. How do I find the rest? How do I find essence of mastery to learn skills. I only found one.

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am at the point to take control of the boat, where should I go next? how to load the map to learn locations. At this point, I only found one key to unlock rooms in the mansion. How do I find the rest? How do I find essence of mastery to learn skills. I only found one.
The next place you need to go to advance the story is the tower that appeared. On the world map, press the 2 key to display the map (you can change this in the keyboard settings).

There are two keys to the mansion you can get right now: one is in the orphanage near Arondight and the other is at Cutty's hideout. You'll find more Essence of Mastery later in the game.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The next place you need to go to advance the story is the tower that appeared. On the world map, press the 2 key to display the map (you can change this in the keyboard settings).

There are two keys to the mansion you can get right now: one is in the orphanage near Arondight and the other is at Cutty's hideout. You'll find more Essence of Mastery later in the game.
Where is Cutty's hideout? What is the name of the key?

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I press key "3", but I cannot change party members, Why?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is Cutty's hideout? What is the name of the key?
His hideout is the ruin east of Seaknell. Sword Key is what you're looking for.

I press key "3", but I cannot change party members, Why?
That isn't until later in the game. To change party members, get on board your ship and press 1 to go to the deck. Go downstaires and speak with any party member to change your party.

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm amazed how seemingly calm Chazareth answers this impolite t28nguye guy's mostly unnecessary questions. :D

DennisJFoster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Big problem - game breaker - I went into the portal and did a few things in there and came back out to complete some stuff - now wont let me back into the portal to finish the game !! Help !!

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Big problem - game breaker - I went into the portal and did a few things in there and came back out to complete some stuff - now wont let me back into the portal to finish the game !! Help !!
I think I found the problem, there was a switch that allowed you to go back to the final dungeon and it was getting turned off. I have added the switch back to the portal, so what you should do is download the new version of the game which I'm uploading now and create a "save" folder in it. Move all of your save files into this folder and then start the game and load your save. Fly the airship to the portal and it will take you to the cockpit. Talk to the pilot and tell him to take off and you will go back to the world map. Now fly into the portal once more to return to the cockpit and you should now be able to go out the exit hatch and return to the final dungeon. That was a small oversight on my part.

Please me know if it works or not.

DennisJFoster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Great - it works !! I can come and go from the portal as I want to now ! Thanks for the fast reply and the fix !! The reason I went out was to look for an arcane sprite to steal from ! I like your list of who you can fight and what they drop and what you can steal, but it doesn't tell where they are at ! Do you remember where to find an arcane sprite ? Thanks again !!

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like your list of who you can fight and what they drop and what you can steal, but it doesn't tell where they are at ! Do you remember where to find an arcane sprite ? Thanks again !!
That might be a good thing to add to the compendium in a future update. To answer your question, you should be able to find them in the desert region.

DennisJFoster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Thanks again - - Great game so far !!

DennisJFoster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Hate to keep bothering you - but cannot find the arcane sprite in the dessert anywhere or in the tomb . Thanks for anu help

Lady_JJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hate to keep bothering you - but cannot find the arcane sprite in the dessert anywhere or in the tomb . Thanks for anu help
My notes say that the arcane sprite is definitely found in the dessert on the world map. I think I had to travel to the southernmost part of the dessert to find them. Also, an earlier, very helpful, posting listing synthesis materials and where to find them, incorrectly states that arcane shards are dropped from the arcane sprites. You actually have to steal the arcane shards.

DennisJFoster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Yes, southern end - found one - stole shard - Thanks !!

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, an earlier, very helpful, posting listing synthesis materials and where to find them, incorrectly states that arcane shards are dropped from the arcane sprites. You actually have to steal the arcane shards.
The post was correct, I just changed arcane shard to steal in one of the updates. The reason was because if you fought this enemy randomly and got an arcane shard to drop, it would be stuck in your inventory for the rest of the game if you already used one. Basically, since you only ever need one, I changed it to a steal so that you wouldn't accidentally get more. The same concept applies to the Lacquered Bamboo, which is also a steal.

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I just edited my drop/steal list accordingly. Thanks for the clarification. I was really wondering if/how I got that wrong, but it seems all of us were right. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just found out there is an about me page. I updated it and happy the way its looking!
Ladies and Gentlemen, I can't act like things will be ok anymore. It needs to be said: We have a Pandemic...
Release version of Pillow Hero is out on windows now! --> https://bit.ly/2USHKLv
Stream will be live shortly! Feeling like doing some Minecraft instead of DK64 since it has been a bit! Feel free to drop by!
I have a situaaaaaaaation!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justastudentdoingprojects