Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First error:
Already fixed, just a missing audio file. In fact, if you still have an old version of the game you can just copy Curse2.ogg into the audio folder for the version you have now (www/audio/me)

OldGrizzly

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Chazareth for a wonderful game. This is definitely one of the better RPG Maker games I have played.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How many slimes do I have to catch to get perfect score in hard mode. I got 14. where are the others?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How many slimes do I have to catch to get perfect score in hard mode. I got 14. where are the others?
There is a path in the upper right corner of the area that leads through some trees where you will find the other 3.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is a path in the upper right corner of the area that leads through some trees where you will find the other 3.
I found them but thank you. I do not like berserker. It is helpless. I equip berserker with blackbelt but it does not help in term of energy reduction. It will eventually reduce all energy. Same as overdriver, it will eventually drain all MP. What is the point for powerful magical attack without MP to use it?
I sacrifice the defense relic and speed relic spots for berserker and overdriver to get more power attacks. Then I do not have energy and MP to use power attack. It is a very bad trade-off.
Lower defense and lower speed for limited power attack. And those items are expensive. It is just my opinion.
Add Genji glove to the list. I sacrifice defense for nothing. For example, if my strength with one weapon is 50, then I add second weapon of strength of 25. The total is 75, But it reduces 25% so the final strength is 56. It does not make any difference. The bad thing is I have to give up the shield spot and the relic spot to get little strength. I rather use the relic spot to add strength and the shield spot to add defense. That way is much better. I get better damage and better defense. With Genji glove, I got less damage and no defense. That is the worst deal.

Last edited:

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I read your guide in the room at the beginning of the game But I still have some questions.
Garrett's subtle, Barth's Plunder, Xelltath's darkness and Keiji's Bushido requires strength or magic to make them more powerful?
Lena, Phobe and Malus all require magic to make their attacks more powerful. Am I right?
Is spirit stat just for magical defense and vitality stat just for physical defense?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Vitality and Spirit do have an additional effect: Vitality increases your Energy gained during battle (see Bonus Energy on the status screen) while Spirit also reduces MP costs.

Subtlety, Bushido, Plunder, Darkness, and Chi skills are all based on Strength for damage. However, Xelltath's Dark, Darkra, and Darkja skills as well as many of Rei's skills also gain a additive damage bonus based on Magic. All magic spells for Phoebe, Lena, and Malus are based on Magic for damage (see the Compendium for the exact formulas if you're curious).

The original idea behind the Berserker was that it made the character Auto-Berserk. The berserk state increases damage and speed but you lose control of the character and cannot use their special attacks. I changed it to its current iteration in order to maintain that same spirit but at least give you control of the character; hence, it increases damage while preventing the use of special attacks by making you lose energy. However, the energy penalty can be offset by by increasing Vitality, equipping relics that increase energy gain, being in the middle row, and using an Energy Mode that grants a lot of energy. For instance, use the Fighter energy mode and then equip a Genji Glove; your two attacks per turn will generate 6 energy from that alone.

Speaking of the Genji Glove, keep in mind that it reduces the damage of both attacks by 75%, but you're getting two separate attacks. It is always a damage increase, but the closer in strength that your main and off hand weapons are, the better. For instance, let's say you can make 1 attack that deals 100 damage. With a Genji Glove, you would be making two attacks at 75 damage apiece, for a total of 150; a 50% increase overall. The damage increase you get from a Genji Glove depends on which weapons you use: to get the maximum, it's best to equip the same weapon in both hands (like 2 Daggers or 2 Bronze Swords).

Also keep in mind that the Genji Glove does not affect magic. It's a perfectly viable tactic to have someone like Phoebe dual-wielding rods because the magic bonuses from both weapons will stack and are unaffected by the Genji Glove's damage reduction. And again, having two separate attacks will give you much more energy from any energy mode that generates energy from dealing damage.

Ultimately, it's up to you and if you feel the sacrifice of a shield and relic slot to dual-wield isn't worth it, that's perfectly fine. The game is designed (and this was the most time-consuming part balance-wise) so that there is no "wrong" way to play. There are no "bad" character builds or setups, just sub-optimal ones.

As for the error you got, it's already been fixed, just another audio file that was missing. If you have an older version of the game, you can just copy Wounded.ogg into your current game folder.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I defeat the cat in the basement but the lady keeps telling me to get the cat. I do not get the key to unlock the door.
The same error with the piano is at mantis place.

Last edited:

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does any monster carry mind essence? I want to synthesize three stars.

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I defeat the cat in the basement but the lady keeps telling me to get the cat. I do not get the key to unlock the door.
The same error with the piano is at mantis place.

Fixed.

Does any monster carry mind essence? I want to synthesize three stars.
Easiest way to get them is to fight Octopus in the snowy region. They have a chance to drop them (equip Ring of Arcana for better drop rate).

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
what is Cerberus Spirit - auto innervate? I do not know exactly what that means. I equip Malus with it but I still do not know it's function.
I really need the reward from the cat lady to save time when I get in the final maze.
I read your walkthrough. But I am little bit confused. Do I suppose to do Malus/Phobe sidequest first or Lena sidequest first. Last time I had to do Malus/Phobe first.
I forgot where do I suppose too find the wisdom charm.
I am at the last battle of training. Then I can synthesize all the items at the store.
Then I will do the sidequests, the slimes and the final maze.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
how does shozoku work? The player is still got attacked and got damage. I don't see invisible status.

Poshpaws

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am a long way into the game and am trying to synthesise the final key for the mansion. I can't obtain the nectar from the Mantis King (I have completed that chapter already). A Mantis at the bar says that the nectar is important to them. When I go and see the king he doesn't refer to the nectar and it isn't in my key items list?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is Cerberus Spirit - auto innervate? I do not know exactly what that means. I equip Malus with it but I still do not know it's function.
I really need the reward from the cat lady to save time when I get in the final maze.
I read your walkthrough. But I am little bit confused. Do I suppose to do Malus/Phobe sidequest first or Lena sidequest first. Last time I had to do Malus/Phobe first.
I forgot where do I suppose too find the wisdom charm.
I am at the last battle of training. Then I can synthesize all the items at the store.
Then I will do the sidequests, the slimes and the final maze.
Innervate increases energy gain during battle. You can do the sidequests in any order, but if you do Lena's first, it's possible that she can help with Phoebe's. A Wisdom Charm drops from a hidden boss in the final dungeon; outside of that, you can use the Hourglass you should have found in the mansion to synthesize one.

how does shozoku work? The player is still got attacked and got damage. I don't see invisible status.
Fixed, it was an error with a notetag not giving the proper state.

I am a long way into the game and am trying to synthesise the final key for the mansion. I can't obtain the nectar from the Mantis King (I have completed that chapter already). A Mantis at the bar says that the nectar is important to them. When I go and see the king he doesn't refer to the nectar and it isn't in my key items list?
Which version of the game are you running? This was an issue discovered sometime ago but the most current version of the game (1.28) it should be fixed.

Edit: I should also mention that any issues that get fixed are reflected in the new version of the game, but your save file may not be compatible with it. Try copying your save file into the folder of the new version of the game and checking if it works.

Last edited:

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Innervate increases energy gain during battle. You can do the sidequests in any order, but if you do Lena's first, it's possible that she can help with Phoebe's. A Wisdom Charm drops from a hidden boss in the final dungeon; outside of that, you can use the Hourglass you should have found in the mansion to synthesize one.
Which mansion do you find hourglass? I never found one with any version. I found wisdom charm. I defeated all bosses in the final dungeon except the big boss. Now I return to the world to fight the slimes then come back to the dungeon. So far I found no mistakes. The most useful armor is reflection mirror. For the next version, it will be very helpful if you would highlight in bold all the items in the walkthrough.

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which mansion do you find hourglass?
The Tazewell Mansion where you use the keys (Armor, Shield, Sword, Helmet). It's the reward for completing the clock puzzle where you switch the emblems.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Tazewell Mansion where you use the keys (Armor, Shield, Sword, Helmet). It's the reward for completing the clock puzzle where you switch the emblems.
Thank you I found the hourglass. I finished your game the third time. I did not find any other errors. I still does not like the big slime. It took me 3 times to defeat it.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just want to recommend. There is a computer on the boat, ship, and plane. If you can list locations of synthesis items needed to be found and sidequests. That way will be helpful to players.

Poshpaws

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Fixed, it was an error with a notetag not giving the proper state.

Which version of the game are you running? This was an issue discovered sometime ago but the most current version of the game (1.28) it should be fixed.

Edit: I should also mention that any issues that get fixed are reflected in the new version of the game, but your save file may not be compatible with it. Try copying your save file into the folder of the new version of the game and checking if it works.
Thank you. Is it possible for you to let me know where I can find the download link for the latest version? The one I have was e-mailed to me by a friend who also recommended your game to me. I've been enjoying it and will give some feedback once I finish. Do i need to uninstall my existing game before installing the new version?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I need to remember that if i want to learn to map like a pro, I need to spend hours doing it like a noob again and again… also, a cool map sometimes has hours/even days of work behind. I need to remember that too.
Yo there how's it going rpg community.
It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReaperERAZE