RMMV Celestial Legacy - A 15-20 hour JRPG style game

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Chazareth, Aug 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kenlan

kenlan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Hi.
    When you are up in the mountains to do Lenas "quest", you goes all up but can`t go down to the the right and can`t go back .
    You can walk around in the " orange" sky above too. Thanks Euphoniac for the forge list. Maybe i`m gonna fill in a little.

2. Euphoniac

Euphoniac Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I'm glad that the bug fixing - a never-ending learning experience - goes well so far. :)

The map you mentioned, kenlan, is one I had trouble with, too. The matter of (not) being able to leave this map is decided the moment you enter it, so I recommend to save before you enter said map, see if you can leave it, and if not, reload, rinse and repeat until it works. I've made it a habit to save prior to every map transition anyway, provided the game in question offers a save anywhere feature like this one. If I remember correctly, I saved over a thousand times during my playthrough. :D

Since there's a way out of that quandary, I didn't include this issue in my bug list. Another map that is very problematic in this regard is the one in the final dungeon that contains three blue switches. If the player switches between the two parties on this map, the map will be "on lockdown", which means the player can't leave the map (with either party) and can't operate the blue switches, making it necessary to reload and leave the map before switching between the two parties (which isn't always possible if the player attemps to complete this map "in one go", for the switches open and close passages on this map). At least both map entry/exit points can be reached from the outside going the long way around (and I think the player is forced to make use of this opportunity anyway at some point), but it's really difficult to complete this segment of the dungeon.

3. kenlan

kenlan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Thanks Euphoniac, it worked after a while. Maybe that`s the solution most of the times. The game is so good and i really want to see how it`s ending.

4. Eric_SD-RPG-Studio

Eric_SD-RPG-Studio Writer - Developer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I love JRPG and its storytelling style, when I see "JRPG" I couldn't resist clicking on to read more about the game. :) I like the theme and the synopsis is really interesting. "Acre" and "Arondight" seem similar, though.

5. kenlan

kenlan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Hi.
    More of the same thing but this is hard to fix even with Euphoniacs tips, when in temple and party 1 climbs
    up and stands on a red circle/switch(to the right of the screen), at the same time when party 2 is in cave where there are 4 chests, you can`t interact with the chest or walk out. again. I`m gonna try save/reload abut i think you should go over these parts. I`m afraid that alot of of people does not have the patience and just (rage?)quit and that would be a shame because this game deserves a lot of players.
    I really recommend this game for all fans of good JRPGs, it`s a(hidden?) gem. I`m sorry to sound that i just wanna find bugs and glitches, i`m used to be a game tester(sort of) and i know how much work it often is before all things is ironed out and the game really can shine.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  6. Chazareth

Chazareth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have uploaded a new version of the game where all these issues have been fixed. The problem was a secret passages plugin that I was using which was originally intended to fix a minor non game-breaking issue. However, this opened a can of worms on a whole host of other issues which made progressing in the game impossible. So I scrapped that plugin and re-used the old one, which was working just fine before.

All problems with walking through chests/people or not being able to interact with events should be fixed. Also, other weird glitches like the ship sprite flickering or disappearing completely when flying over certain tiles should also be fixed. This patch also introduces a few tweaks here and there to maps, dialogue, and skills.

I thought I should mention that although the area of the world map right around the ocean temple is no longer accessible after clearing the temple, the monster encounters there are the same as the Delphina region. So you should still be able to encounter Zombie Dragons by walking around Delphina.

7. Euphoniac

Euphoniac Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Thanks for the correction, I edited my post accordingly. Also, it should get a mention that I completed the game's "impossible" build, although - with things randomly not working before - it was probably mere luck, and definitely more (and in another way) challenging than I'm used to. :D

8. mimella

mimella Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Hi
    Just downloaded your game but after half an hour it suddenly closed down for no apparent reason. I now have gotten as far as obtaining Barth but only after having 7 closures and saving every few minutes. What is wrong?

9. kenlan

kenlan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    mimella, it happens to me too. Some MV games jus closes down sometimes(memory problem?)when entering a new scene or goes in to the meny and then it suddenly closes. Just save often and continue. I think this game is so good that i don`t mind start from the last save files A LOT of times. My computer is not the best anymore maybe.

10. mimella

mimella Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    I am in the Ice Castle - how do you reach the silver box on the top left when you only have 2 pillars and need 3. Am I missing something? OK found it. :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  11. Lady_JJ

Lady_JJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Really enjoying this game. In the Upper Caverns (ice cave you can enter after Garrett rejoins your party), there is a rope and a snowball in front of a cave. I've searched up and down the ropes, around and around the geysers, banged into walls looking for secret passages, and I just can't find any way to reach that area. I can't progress any further in this area to reach the exit. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Figured it out.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  12. Lady_JJ

Lady_JJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    After the timed exit race to leave Utopia, there is a cutscene in the conference room of the Valkyrion. After Garrett states: "Good. Now we just need a way to get through that portal." the game freezes. There is no response to keyboard or mouse controls. You can X out of the game so the window is still responsive, but the game itself just sits there. Thoughts?

13. Chazareth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe I found the issue. After Garrett speaks, a scientist is supposed to walk up to you and say something. During that event, there is a plugin command I use which stops all event movement so that when people are moving around, other events which move randomly don't get in there way. This plugin command is probably responsible for stopping her movement, so the event has been modified slightly to turn event movement back on when she is supposed to walk towards you. Should be working now.

14. Lady_JJ

Lady_JJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply. This is such an excellent game. I'm glad to be able to start playing again. :)

Edit: Hmmm... So now after Garrett says he needs to find a way, all the other characters start walking around randomly. Garrett stays seated. No scientist shows up and the game once again freezes.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  15. Chazareth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, actual problem located and fixed. One change I made to the game sort of behind the scenes is the use of Yanfly's Region Restrictions plugin, which allows you to make regions as unpassable terrain for events. By doing this, it prevents people with random pathing from walking into doorways and other areas which could result in blocking the player. These regions were used in the Valkyrion so that none of your party members could wander into a doorway and get stuck, but this also prevented the scientist who is supposed to speak from moving to where she needed to be. The region has been adjusted so that she won't get stuck and the scene should properly play to its end.

16. Lady_JJ

Lady_JJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    .... and the Valkyrion has launched again. Thanks for the quick fixes, Chazareth. Off to find some arcane shards now...

17. c3rise

c3rise Warper Member

Chazareth, I am stuck in the meeting room on separate event from the one mentioned previously (have sent you a message to avoid too much spoiler for people who are still exploring), if you can help that would be awesome, thank you :yhappy:

18. Chazareth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A minor update has posted fixing the issues players have brought up with cutscenes freezing the game, as well as some minor balance changes. They have been documented in the Version History file inside the game folder.

19. oluis1994o

oluis1994o Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    good

20. Lady_JJ

Lady_JJ Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A really nice game, Chazareth. There were a couple of glitches, nothing show stopping.
    1. When battling large enemy sprites, it is sometimes impossible to select a target. The target was sometimes stuck on the large enemy sprite, other times stuck on the #1 position player. It didn't happen often, rarely at best, and not consistently with any one particular sprite. Sometimes it prevented me from applying a debuff to an individual enemy, other times I had to use a group heal rather than a single heal. Again, it was only a rare occurrence and certainly nothing earth shattering.
    2. When you are leaving Valkyrion in Mantorok's Lair, you are advised to use the "A" key to switch between parties. Outside, you are correctly advised to use the "3" key. The "A" key didn't work for me. The "3" key worked just fine. Certainly doesn't warrant a new version, but you might want to keep it in mind if you ever do update.

I do have one question and one request for help.

Does pushing the statue through the upstairs open railing actually do anything? I could never find a change after doing so.
    Is it safe to use as freely or will it be consumed after repeated uses? Took me 3 days to defeat that slime.

I thought I read it was in the final dungeon. I've been back and forth, up and down, inside and out of Mantorok's Lair and my poor players are black and blue from banging into every conceivable wall, stone, crystal, whatever, looking for a secret passage. Any hints would be appreciated.I sure hope I find the orihalcum in the same area.

Thanks for creating and sharing such an enjoyable game. I'm envious of your talent. :)