t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The game is freezing for 3 seconds but is not generating a console error, the entire window is just closing. It seems to be completely random.

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its seems like something is wrong with the game. I can't enter the room right side of Garrett. I already tried a lot of times the one you show me T.T
Hmm... well, the wall passages work fine when tested, both in play test and in a real game. I've double checked the regions which allow passage and they're correct, too. Have you been able to walk through any walls before?

The game is freezing for 3 seconds but is not generating a console error, the entire window is just closing. It seems to be completely random.
I unfortunately don't think I can help you here. If the game is just shutting down completely and closing the window, then the problem might be with your machine. Try playing without any other applications running or check to see if there is a memory problem, maybe you don't have enough? I don't think the game is terribly demanding on any CPU.

Misake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm... well, the wall passages work fine when tested, both in play test and in a real game. I've double checked the regions which allow passage and they're correct, too. Have you been able to walk through any walls before?
I can, but it seems I can't walk that one

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can, but it seems I can't walk that one
Here's a short video demonstrating exactly where the secret passages are. If you're still unable to walk through them, then there must be something amiss.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I unfortunately don't think I can help you here. If the game is just shutting down completely and closing the window, then the problem might be with your machine. Try playing without any other applications running or check to see if there is a memory problem, maybe you don't have enough? I don't think the game is terribly demanding on any CPU.
[/QUOTE]

My laptop has 16GB memory. The game initially costs 1GB memory and the memory cost goes up from there quickly. That is the reason it kept shutting down. I played other game made by RPGMV for 5 hours straight without any problem.

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My laptop has 16GB memory. The game initially costs 1GB memory and the memory cost goes up from there quickly. That is the reason it kept shutting down. I played other game made by RPGMV for 5 hours straight without any problem.
I tested it myself and I see what you mean. I've been working on a small update to the game and one of the changes I will make is to help optimize the game for memory usage. I currently use SRD's GameUpgrade and PreLoader plugins to help load and cache images, audio files, animations, etc. So what I've done so far is turn off caching and reduced some of the images that are being pre-loaded, hopefully this should reduce the amount of memory the game is using.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I tested it myself and I see what you mean. I've been working on a small update to the game and one of the changes I will make is to help optimize the game for memory usage. I currently use SRD's GameUpgrade and PreLoader plugins to help load and cache images, audio files, animations, etc. So what I've done so far is turn off caching and reduced some of the images that are being pre-loaded, hopefully this should reduce the amount of memory the game is using.
When will the new version be uploaded without the memory problem?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When will the new version be uploaded without the memory problem?
Not exactly sure, but definitely sometime this week. There are some other minor issues I'm trying to fix, too, as well as some skill/enemy balance.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am inside Tazewell mansion. What should I look for in there to open all the locked doors?

DennisJFoster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
I seen several people on the forum have the same problem as me. The game shuts off and says not enough memory. My machine as with all the other peoples does not have a memory problem !! Something wrong with the game - you said you were going to try and fix it - did you ? I really want to play the game last time I saved after every battle (470) just so I could keep playing in case it shut down !! Please help !!

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am inside Tazewell mansion. What should I look for in there to open all the locked doors?
The keys for the doors are scattered throughout the game. Later on, you can come back to the mansion with keys that you've found to unlock new rooms. It will be close to the end of the game before you can unlock everything.

I seen several people on the forum have the same problem as me. The game shuts off and says not enough memory. My machine as with all the other peoples does not have a memory problem !! Something wrong with the game - you said you were going to try and fix it - did you ?
Still working on it. I'll post here once I have an update.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The keys for the doors are scattered throughout the game. Later on, you can come back to the mansion with keys that you've found to unlock new rooms. It will be close to the end of the game before you can unlock everything.
I do not know where I should go next from the town.

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a posted a new update to the game which makes a number of minor changes across the board, from battle balancing and difficulty to general map cleanup and other minor issues. The biggest issue which should hopefully be fixed is memory leaking, which resulted in some players unable to play the game after a short time because it was using too much memory. The pre-loader plugin I was using was the likely culprit, as it was loading/caching a lot of images and sound files. The plugin has been disabled, so you will probably see some lag in battle or during cutscenes, and maybe some slightly longer load times than usual, but overall memory usage for the game should be much lower.

The Version History file inside the game folder details all the changes made for version 1.20 (current). Check them out if you wish. Feel free to post any other problems you run into and I'll do my best to resolve them. And thanks for playing!

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a posted a new update to the game which makes a number of minor changes across the board, from battle balancing and difficulty to general map cleanup and other minor issues. The biggest issue which should hopefully be fixed is memory leaking, which resulted in some players unable to play the game after a short time because it was using too much memory. The pre-loader plugin I was using was the likely culprit, as it was loading/caching a lot of images and sound files. The plugin has been disabled, so you will probably see some lag in battle or during cutscenes, and maybe some slightly longer load times than usual, but overall memory usage for the game should be much lower.

The Version History file inside the game folder details all the changes made for version 1.20 (current). Check them out if you wish. Feel free to post any other problems you run into and I'll do my best to resolve them. And thanks for playing!
Thank you. Can I continue with the game using save files?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. Can I continue with the game using save files?
Unfortunately, that's unlikely. Changes have been made to plugins and the database as a whole, so save files for older versions of the game probably won't work.

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it just me or the link really isn't working?

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it just me or the link really isn't working?
It's not just you. Link doesn't seem to be working. I'm re-uploading it now. You can also try downloading it from the page on rpgmaker.net here.

DennisJFoster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Thanks for the fix, I can now play without memory errors - much more enjoyable !! I do have a question - I now control the ship - I must have missed something or done something wrong - I cannot get back into a couple towns to get the cats and also there is a cave blocked by rocks I cannot get into ? Any help - thanks !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.
Microsoft tools are a blessing and a curse. They're great, but also insanely restrictive :/
When you feel annoyed by all the jokes and fake news, since in your country April's 1 is just a regular day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soulwistel