Centrum Terrae - Screenshots & Synopsis

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by SlaveOfThaMind, Jul 28, 2013.

1. SlaveOfThaMind

SlaveOfThaMind Game Developer / Musician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would like to give the rpgmakerweb.com community a first glimpse of my game.
     ​
     ​
     ​
    Please keep in mind that the game is very limited at the
    moment and as such, will NOT reflect the final product.
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​
    Presenting...
     ​
    Centrum Terrae
     ​
     ​
    Story
    This game is about a group of heroes, bound together to face an evil force...
    an evil force who has cast a vile curse over the sun, bathing the world in eternal darkness.
    This unlikely cast of heroes must venture the world in pursuit of the evil one called Bakarnè,
    and put a stop to his curse, returning the world to it's former beauty, and sealing
    away the source of evil that is born again every three-thousand years.
     ​
    Characters
     Zeth Tribune -  The main protagonist. He is a bit of a hot head and when he sets his mind​
    to something there is no turning back. Skilled in Mystic Blade Arts.
     ​
    Inari Foxfire - Zeth's long time friend. She is a sorceress in training, and not afraid to speak
    her mind. Skilled in Elemental Magic.
     ​
    Tai Tribune - Zeth's Father and mentor of the Mystic Blade Arts. He has been training Zeth
    since he was able to wield a sword for this very battle. Skilled in Mystic Blade Arts.
     ​
    Sonya Tribune - Mother of Zeth and husband to Tai, Sonya is a nature loving, free spirit who 
    will not take no for an answer. She is a white witch. Skilled in Support Magic.
     ​
    Drake Frostburn - Loyal friend to Zeth since early childhood. He and Zeth shared their first
    drink of ale together in their adolescent years. Skilled in Blue Magic.

​
    Screenies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
     ​
     ​

​
    What do you think? I have been working on it about 3 weeks every day before and after work.
    A lot of the database has yet to be fully constructed, including all enemies I'll be using, skills,
    items, weapons, and various other constants.
     ​
    Thanks for your time and interest!
     ​
    11th Hour Games

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    animesock52 likes this.
  2. Shablo5

Shablo5 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Only critique is the fire and the bed on the bottom left not matching the bottom right shadows wise.

Looks good buddy, keep it up.

3. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    Thanks!

I'm going to eventually replace the rtp fire with some custom flames ( hopefully ) and as for the beds, the room in the bottom right corner was supposed to be the "Master suite" which is why the whole bed is visible. I suppose I should either match it to the other's or make the room's space a bit larger. As far as the shadows, the 3 rooms ( top left, top middle, bottom left ) were all in shadow because the rooms are vacant. I had to replace some tiles and I forgot to add the shadows back. Im also working on figuring out how to add weather effects ( I have a script for it in the game but I have yet to mess with it as I have been trying to get other things situated first ) This way the rooms will be hazy/foggy/smoky.

Thanks for the critique!

4. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am still in love with that title font. Good luck with your game, I look forward to seeing more from you. I just noticed this, it may just be me miss interpreting the perspective, but in your last screen shot it looks like the skeletons are walking on the wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  5. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! How have you been? And you are not misinterpreting anything! They are actually walking on the wall. The tile options have been fixed, characters/enemy's no longer walk on those particular walls :p Thanks for pointing that out! This game still has a good bit of work to be done before a demo or even trailer will be available. I will however be releasing more screenshots after this weekend when I do more work on it!

6. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Your welcome ^-^ I've been good, I just posted my first screen shots and synopsis, its allot more detailed and slightly tweaked from my first explanation to you. Having it written or well typed out really helps me from trialing off or thinking of constantly changing it. How much do you plan or are thinking about putting in the demo?

7. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    It really depends on how much work I get done over the next week or so. I hope to have a demo ready by the end of the month, with a trailer at least a week before launch. It probably will be about an hour's worth of gameplay in the 1st demo though. *crosses fingers*