Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.5.

Version 1.5:
- Updated for newest version of CGMV Core
- Fixed a bug with achievement requirements not having correct Profession JSON in default value.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.6.

Version 1.6:
- Fixed bug with secret achievements not showing the correct name.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The achievement is working, but I got 1 tiny issue if its possible to fix.
achievement.png
The Description become smaller when enter longer sentence, and if its possible to make an
open space under the achievement?

if not, than i need to make sure i dont go over 15-20 characters max.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see, I have changed how it displays the description so that you can have as many lines as you want. It seems to work with existing games but if you have achievements that are still displaying weird after the update you might want to run the CGMVAchievements Initialize plugin command or test it with a new game (not saved game).

Updated to version 1.7.

Version 1.7:
- Changed how the description displays, it now automatically makes new lines based on text width.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
idk how to use the command, but it's working perfectly, ty for the quick fix :)

andy123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, small update today for a bug fix:

Version 1.8:
- Bugfix for sound effect audio in toast only coming from the right side
Is this plugin still supported? When using yep_itemcore.js and the achievements plugin, the functionality of automatic unlock of achievement when buying armors/weapons is not working.
Need to give manual plugin command to make the achievement trigger for buying weapons/armors. Even sometime it skips the achievement. ----------------------------- Even tested on fresh project where only these two plugins were there. I use MV 1.6.1 .

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: It turns out if there are no "independent items" in yep_itemcore.js , then achievements works automatically. As soon as "dependent items" exist, auto unlock doesn't work.

Last edited:

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@asplly97 My CGMV plugins are only supported for bug fixes, not new features or compatibility with other plugins (unless the compatibility issue would be due to a bug with my plugin).

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@casper667

Hey buddy! Me again.
Another plugin I'd be lost without. Seriously!

Just a quick question (I know this is a legacy plugin now):

I have two in game systems running in my game, one for achievements (which will coincide with platform specific achievement systems, e.g. Steam) and one for challenges, which are unrelated to achievements but provide tangible rewards, for example giving you an XP boost for killing every monster on a map, or traveling a certain number of steps.

Is there any way to separate these using the achievement plugin using categories (like Yanfly's Quest Journal plugin), or use two instances of the plugin, or is the only solution to put them all in one long list, with (for example) my achievements at the top and challenges at the bottom?

I know I can separate them visually for the player using pop ups, sounds, colour codes, images etc but it's be nice if they had two separate lists to look at instead of one massive one.

Hope this all makes sense, and THANK YOU for creating such fantastic plugins. They help to bring worlds to life!

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@C64_Mat You would need to separate them as you said, but thanks for the idea of adding categories, I will add it to my to do list. The MV version is not going to be getting any new features, but I will look into adding them for the MZ version. One thing you could do that might work is look into using a second achievement system plugin for challenges and this one for platform specific achievements (or vice versa) if you wanted them to be separate, as this plugin shouldn't conflict with other achievement systems. You could also look into using RETRO (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/retro-mz-plugins-on-mv.135715/) to see if the MZ version would work on MV after I add this feature in.

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@C64_Mat You would need to separate them as you said, but thanks for the idea of adding categories, I will add it to my to do list. The MV version is not going to be getting any new features, but I will look into adding them for the MZ version. One thing you could do that might work is look into using a second achievement system plugin for challenges and this one for platform specific achievements (or vice versa) if you wanted them to be separate, as this plugin shouldn't conflict with other achievement systems. You could also look into using RETRO (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/retro-mz-plugins-on-mv.135715/) to see if the MZ version would work on MV after I add this feature in.
Thank you again for the detailed response. It helps a great deal!

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @casper667

I hope you don't mind - here's what I did to separate my Achievements and Challenges.

I copied the entire js plugin, and changed the word Achievements on the copy's filename to Challenges.

I opened the copied Achievements plugin in Notepad++
I did a search and replace, swapping every:

Achievement
Achievements
achievement
achievements

using case sensitive, matching everything (not just whole words), into:

Challenge
Challenges
challenge
challenges

using find and replace. It made hundreds of replacements in total.

I then added that into my game as a separate plugin, and it works brilliantly! I have the popups different with different sounds, and most importantly, they are available for players through two separate menus, so you'll no longer have to scroll to the bottom of the achievement list to get to the challenges.

Here's an example of how the plugin looks in MV:

1630511358551.png

Because I made sure to change every instance of the word, all of your wonderful code simply works, and still references all the right stuff!

The copyright and authorship is still yours, of course, and I've uploaded it here in case you want to add it to your collection as an alternative to / use alongside the achievement script, for cases such as mine.

Thank you so much, once again, for your hard work!

Attachments

• CGMV_Challenges.js
    91.6 KB · Views: 1

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@C64_Mat there is a way easier methode than just change the methode :p
simply copy pasting the plugin and change the name to 2 did it's job too.

and the plugin works differently in the way you set up in the params, so you
done more than you had too :p.

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@C64_Mat there is a way easier methode than just change the methode :p
simply copy pasting the plugin and change the name to 2 did it's job too.

and the plugin works differently in the way you set up in the params, so you
done more than you had too :p.
I am aware of this, but thank you! I mostly changed it all for my own sanity, so I knew whether I was working with a Challenge or an Achievement.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightmarer26