CGMV Encyclopedia w/ Bestiary

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by casper667, Apr 10, 2018.

1. jbtwist

jbtwist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, i've been abled to finally make it work, nice job man, but i have questions about custom categories, since you say in the documentation they must be created manually, but you doesn't explain how.

Also i dont understand what do you mean with category simbol text in the plugin commands

2. Leaufai

Leaufai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to hide certain entries? Some enemies, items, etc. might just be there for dev purposes and shouldn't be shown in the encyclopedia.

I like this plugin a lot by the way. Most just add one thing to look up. But a lot of games could use explanations about states, items, etc.

3. casper667

casper667 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To hide an entry put this in its note box:
    <cgmvencyclopediahide>

4. Leaufai

Leaufai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you!

5. Leaufai

Leaufai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @casper667

Another question :LZSgrin:

I've managed to get a custom category working, but I can't get my events to unlock these entries.

I've made a plugin command with CGMVEncyclopedia Discover medallions 1

Strangely enough, the example command isn't work either: CGMVEncyclopedia Discover bestiary 1. This does not unlock any of the enemies in the bestiary.

Thanks in advance

6. Tjord

Tjord Warper Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Two other plugin commands seem to work flawlessly, only discover seems to be broken.

7. casper667

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Should be fixed now, thanks for bringing it to my attention. A previous update must have broke this.

1.7:
    - Fixed bug with Discover plugin command not working.

8. Leaufai

Leaufai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for updating. I can confirm it's fixed!

EDIT:

Can I suggest some new functionality for this plugin?
    1. Make it possible to have the Encyclopedia in the main menu. That way it can be easily used as Pokémon's Pokédex. or some games tutorial pages.
    2. Make it possible to have this command be deactivated at the start of the game, but have it be activated later on. This way you can 'give' the Encyclopedia to the player during the game à la the Pokédex.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  9. casper667

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  10. Leaufai

Leaufai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. MAxicus22

MAxicus22 Warper Member

First Language:
    Afrikaans
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also got the error, I removed all of my plugins and only had the CGMV_Core plugin installed and switched to "On".
    during the splash screen "Made with MV" I pressed the "enter" key and got the error "Uncaught TyperError: Cannot read property ónKeyUp'of null"

I have RMMV 1.6.1

12. Killerslash

Killerslash Villager Member

First Language:
    Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Even me.

13. Kisai

Kisai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is it possible to make this compatible with text commands? I thought maybe there was something with one of the many scripts I'm using causing incompatibility issues, but even on a brand new project, it doesn't seem to work.

[​IMG]

I used "\n[1]" in the description of this spell, and it works fine normally in most circumstances.

[​IMG]

But it doesn't seem to work in the encyclopedia.

14. ThePedro004

ThePedro004 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Use this plugin : https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ve-control-text.53897/

15. fallenlorelei

fallenlorelei Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This plugin would save me so much time adding reference content! But for it to work, I would love some compatibility with all text commands. The VE Control Text plugin linked above works fine for colors, but it was doing weird things when attempting to show variables for me (within the encyclopedia).

It'd also be nice to have Yanfly message text compatibility. My item descriptions are full of \c and \v but also \ii[x] (Yanfly item + icon).

16. Jewelraffe

Jewelraffe Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This plugin is amazing, but it just has a couple little problems I've run into;

It doesn't work well with Swap Enemies, as it will only register the swap enemy, or if you add <cgmvencyclopediahide>, then nothing shows up. Also I see no way to alias the icons, so even pixel icons will be blurry.

Other than that, it's amazing and chock-full of potential!

17. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a great system. Can I ask for a small modification though? Would it be possible to add in a couple extra description lines? I wanted to be able to list extra notes on my weapons/armor but it prints them all on one line. If it's not too difficult, maybe like <cgmvdesc1:>, cgmvdesc2:>, something like that.

18. Serpe290

Serpe290 Warper Member

First Language:
    italiano
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    You can help me? I can't get the plugin to work. I don't understand that it's the problem that I have the latest version of MV and plugins. Can you tell me how to do it step by step. Then tell me how to do it step by step.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  19. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Serpe290 Please note that this is an English language site and all posts must be in English and only in English. Please do not include Italian.

Serpe290 likes this.
  20. Kinni

Kinni Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @casper667

Hello! I've been looking for a good encyclopedia plug-in, and this one is very close to being exactly what I need. The only problem I have is that I'm making a multi-character game, with multiple "stories". Of course that would mean some items would be unique to certain stories, leading to it being impossible to complete the encyclopedia, as the data would be reset for each story.
    Is there some workaround for this? If not, is there a way to edit the plug-in to allow such? The hide command could maybe be modified so that the entry appeared based on a variable tracking which story was being played, but I don't know enough about programming to have an idea how much work that would take.
    Anyway, thanks for the amazing plug-in. Even if it doesn't work in my current project, I'd definitely use it for a possible future project.