ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah when you create a new category "Darklings", "Locations", "Secrets" etc,
those that arent in the normal one or does NOT exist outside the base category
must be added in the custom Category as well in order to be readed.

if you place in hte category "Darklings", it wont be readed in game or can crash,
if you only place it in Custom Category, it wont be readed at all.

Custom Category only works if it also exist in the category list.
the default setup (Bestiary, Weapons, Armors, Items, Skills I belive?), those are automatically
readed from the database and exist in the plugin and editor, everything outside those,
need to be in category and custom one where you create the data's for those entries.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah when you create a new category "Darklings", "Locations", "Secrets" etc,
those that arent in the normal one or does NOT exist outside the base category
must be added in the custom Category as well in order to be readed.

if you place in hte category "Darklings", it wont be readed in game or can crash,
if you only place it in Custom Category, it wont be readed at all.

Custom Category only works if it also exist in the category list.
the default setup (Bestiary, Weapons, Armors, Items, Skills I belive?), those are automatically
readed from the database and exist in the plugin and editor, everything outside those,
need to be in category and custom one where you create the data's for those entries.

okay. So I didn’t need to do anything extra for the bestiary itself. I figured that out, so that’s good.

but why doesn’t it show my SV battlers as an image?

I DO use YEP_animated_sideview_enemies (I’m wondering if that’s causing inference??) but all my enemies do HAVE a static image in the database, as well-but nothing shows up.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
animated sideviewbattles probably dont record itself and won't see the SV battler.
so the battler need to be added manually unless Casper adds a patch for it to read
the plugin to add that image.

it works for static battlers though, but bestiary is read from static part and not
animated, so I cannot help you on that part.

a custom Bestiary entry with the image and data below or data above and than the
the sketch is something you need to do manually.

I dont know if Casper will add the animated battler though, but for now, there is
no other way around it unless done manually as the plugin doesn't support
animated battlers yet.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
animated sideviewbattles probably dont record itself and won't see the SV battler.
so the battler need to be added manually unless Casper adds a patch for it to read
the plugin to add that image.

it works for static battlers though, but bestiary is read from static part and not
animated, so I cannot help you on that part.

a custom Bestiary entry with the image and data below or data above and than the
the sketch is something you need to do manually.

I dont know if Casper will add the animated battler though, but for now, there is
no other way around it unless done manually as the plugin doesn't support
animated battlers yet.

sorry for the misunderstanding. I understand it doesn’t support the animated enemies. I’m fine with that (I don’t even think it’s necessary...)

my issue is that I HAVE a static image set to each battler in the database (like you normally would) but it doesn’t show at all in the bestiary.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you use YEP_AnimatedSVBattlers, it overwrite the static battlers I think, which is why
the normal one doesn't work by than, this needs to be done manually.

I cannot help you on it really D:.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you use YEP_AnimatedSVBattlers, it overwrite the static battlers I think, which is why
the normal one doesn't work by than, this needs to be done manually.

I cannot help you on it really D:.
one final question then; does that mean that I cannot use the two plugins together? Or will I need to set up a custom category and enter everything in manually, and have the static images pulled from another folder in entirety?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like I said, you need to use the manually way to insert those battlers.
it works together, but it require modificating of the plugin or patch that
someone can create, manually is the only way for now.

Capser has this on the TODO list though, but I cannot tell when he will be
able to make it happen alongside some other features.

might take a few month or a year, while he port his plugin to MZ and make
other plugins for it, so when it wil happen, I dont know.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I still need to add support for yanfly animated battlers/other battler plugins. The issue is that even if you add a static image in the database, Yanfly plugins remove that from the enemy objects on game load so this plugin cannot access it. I will add a notetag for enemies you can use as sort of a band aid fix to get around this in a future version since afaik no other plugin removes notetag data, but as this is MV and I mostly work on MZ now the update will probably not be out for some time still. It is on my to-do list and I will get to it when I have some time.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still need to add support for yanfly animated battlers/other battler plugins. The issue is that even if you add a static image in the database, Yanfly plugins remove that from the enemy objects on game load so this plugin cannot access it. I will add a notetag for enemies you can use as sort of a band aid fix to get around this in a future version since afaik no other plugin removes notetag data, but as this is MV and I mostly work on MZ now the update will probably not be out for some time still. It is on my to-do list and I will get to it when I have some time.

thanks for the reply! I appreciate the effort but if you're really not interested in working with MV so much anymore, I won't press ya. lol

I'm thinking of commissioning a custom one at this point anyways so I can fully control what gets displayed and where/how/etc. since I'm planning a commercial release.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah there is a little workaround to get this working, but there is a catch,
the enemy name MUST be the same as notetag in order for this to work:

post is here scriptcall and event setup, it seems to work, but if it work in the way
for different maps, and one time use, I try to integrate it in the plugin if @casper667
give permission and share plugin here (might not be perfect if it will be working),
but more as temporally solution so to speak =)

I keep learning JS, so I might be able to get this done hopefully, else the
workaround will do (for anyone using YEP+AnimatedSideviewBatlers plugin.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Casper, I use one of sumrndm's Alt menu plugins (the one based on Kingdom hearts) - can I get the Encyclopedia in the menu somehow?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kristina it is possible to add that, if menu commands doesn't work with it,
it can be added manually to the menu if you please, depends if you use more
custom commands or not.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tried to add the menu commands plugin and it doesn’t seem to work. Nothing changes.

I have also tried adding the Encyclopedia in the alt menu plugin but doesn’t work either. I have added yanfly’s quest plugin, that’s it.

I can try again later.

studwb22

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kristina Let me know if you figure it out I would also like to try and implement it in the menu.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you can PM me with the alt menu link (or plugin) than I can add the commands for you
in the list.

(you arent able to turn this OFF (disable) or Hide the command, simple adding
is at least I can do for you.

Gudako

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to the autotrack works? I used the default skills but they dont appear on the encyclopedia, only if I use a plugin command like :

CGMVEncyclopedia Discover skills 1

But how can I get them to show automatically?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making a blue-magic-heavy game is very fun but there's a lot of extra hassle as well. Balancing skills for both enemy and player usage isn't easy.
BTW everyone on staff who made the forum jump, thank-you! This time I am not panicked and lost all rounds.
I'm not searching for bugs, just pleasant surprises, for now on ^^
Been a while since I've been here, whoops. My computer's been acting really stupid so I wasn't able to work on my projects, but the good news is I've got a new one, meaning I can get back to work. And I've got a nice idea in mind, I'll just need to find some good scripts for the Aesthetic.
Have a random update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpookyZombieKat