First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
CGMV Menu Command Window
By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)
Last Update: N/A
Latest Version: 1.0

Use this plugin to easily manage the command window in the menu scene. It allows you to add more commands and also limit how many commands are displayed before needing to scroll.

• Easily change default commands
  • Add custom menu commands via javascript
  • Change amount of commands shown at once before scrolling

Import into plugin manager and enable the plugin. Some customization options available.

Plugin (along with all my other plugins) can be found here: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmv/menucommand/
Requires CGMV Core, which can be found here: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmv/core/

http://caspergaming.com/terms-of-use/

Last edited:

Pepsilawn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having issues implementing the script:
I want to add two new commands: one to show the CGMV Achievements' menu and another to show the Shop Menu (YEP)'s menu. I had to do some tinkering with the latter but both show up correctly when I add them to the game alone. The problem arises when I try to add both commands at the same time. Both commands show up correctly in the menu, but clicking on it always chooses the menu from the last command I added. For example, adding the Achievements' menu and then the Shop menu, pressing on either of those will only display the Shop menu. Adding the Shop menu and then the Achievements' menu, only the Achievements' menu shows up.

Here is the parameters:
JavaScript:
["{\"Command Name\":\"Encyclopedia\",\"Command Symbol\":\"\",\"JS Command\":\"\\\"SceneManager.push(CGMV_Scene_Encyclopedia);\\\"\",\"Enable Switch\":\"0\",\"Show Switch\":\"0\"}","{\"Command Name\":\"Buy\",\"Command Symbol\":\"\",\"JS Command\":\"\\\"SceneManager.push(YEP_Scene_Shop);\\\"\",\"Enable Switch\":\"0\",\"Show Switch\":\"0\"}"]

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pepsilawn
do you have the CGMV core plugin on top? or just achievement and YEP_ShopMenuCore?
if you have the core, do you also have YEP_EngineCore?

because it works correctly.

YEP_EngineCore
YEP_ShopMenuCore
CGMV_Core
CGMV_Achievements
CGMV_Enclopedia (if you use this)
CGMV_CommandWindow

Make sure the order are correct, specially of yanfly.

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pepsilawn
do you have the CGMV core plugin on top? or just achievement and YEP_ShopMenuCore?
if you have the core, do you also have YEP_EngineCore?

because it works correctly.

YEP_EngineCore
YEP_ShopMenuCore
CGMV_Core
CGMV_Achievements
CGMV_Enclopedia (if you use this)
CGMV_CommandWindow

Make sure the order are correct, specially of yanfly.
I seem to have the same issue - only the Encyclopedia appears upon selecting either 'Achievements' or 'Encyclopedia' from menu. Achievement will not appear from menu.

JavaScript:
["{\"Command Name\":\"Achievements\",\"Command Symbol\":\"\",\"JS Command\":\"\\\"SceneManager.push(CGMV_Scene_Achievements);\\\"\",\"Enable Switch\":\"0\",\"Show Switch\":\"0\"}","{\"Command Name\":\"Encyclopedia\",\"Command Symbol\":\"\",\"JS Command\":\"\\\"SceneManager.push(CGMV_Scene_Encyclopedia);\\\"\",\"Enable Switch\":\"0\",\"Show Switch\":\"0\"}"]
I am on RMMV 1.6.2 - and all CGMV plugins are current.

My main project functioned the same (incorrectly)... a new empty project (with only pictured plugins) confirmed issue.

Hopefully it's an easy solution! Thank you. :)

Attachments

Pepsilawn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@8bitsim Try giving the commands a Command Symbol. Any string of character should do, like "achievement" and "encyclopedia", for example. It doesn't need to relate to any other game files.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@8bitsim
make sure the MenuCommand plugin is below the CORE, and and above the other plugin.
after that, it will work.

while its below, the function wont be taken.

Remember that the plugin higher in the list can take functions below, whatever is below can overwrite the above
if not aliased.

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@8bitsim Try giving the commands a Command Symbol. Any string of character should do, like "achievement" and "encyclopedia", for example. It doesn't need to relate to any other game files.
Thanks @Pesilawn! Providing command symbol immediately did the trick.
Thanks also @ShadowDragon - afterwards, I moved it to be on the safe side too.
Much appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDontEvenKnow