casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Divided thanks for bringing this to my attention it will be fixed in the next release.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, update for this plugin today to v1.2.0. It adds a lot of frequently requested features such as automatic recognition of new achievements in saved games and the ability to use text codes in the description. It also fixes some bugs, thank you to anyone who reported them!

Unfortunately due to the way descriptions were previously stored, they may have some weird spacing issues. You can fix this for saved games using the new Change Description plugin command. This issue will not affect new games.

Version 1.2.0:
- Added ability to use text codes in achievement descriptions
- New achievements should now be automatically recognized by saved games
- Added ability to change pre and post descriptions
- Added option to change the label / header text color
- Added option to change text alignment of list window
- Added option to change text alignment of totals window
- Fixed bug with toast audio on achievement earn
- Fixed bug with padding on list window
- Removed plugin command to manually recognize new achievements in saved game

Kaga

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to make the achievement menu in the title screen instead of in-game and that the achievements are shared across every playfile ?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kaga this is not something default, but if you want it shared, there
is a way to do that on a different way if you like too.

I cannot say if there is plugin for MZ though, but this is a way:

find a plugin or create a simple one to show a command on Title Screen.
you can use scene command required to open this up.

to make it shared, in MV Olivia had "MetaControl" plugin, which enables,
local and global switches/variables that are persistend through save files.

if there is something in MZ, you can use the same ID, but this require a switch
for each achievement.

Kaga

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see, thank you ! I'll try to work it out !

Spundungus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello, when using the achievement plugin with the toast manager and menu command window plugins I get this message when opening the achievements window in the menu (I'm not using the encyclopaedia plugin)Error.png

ErrorConsole.png

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Spundungus Thanks for reporting this bug, it is probably something I missed when refactoring the plugin for v1.2.0. I will post an official fix tomorrow, but for now I have attached an unofficial fix to this post which should fix your issue.

Attachments

• CGMZ_Achievements.js
    90.7 KB · Views: 3

Spundungus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thank you very much that worked a treat. You're amazing.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, bug fix today for variable achievements not auto completing:

Version 1.2.2:
- Fixed bug with variable achievements not auto completing when they should

Andresh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Casper! I love this plugin, but there's something I can't understand.
If I set an achievement to "secret" it won't be shown to the player until completed.
Is there a way to have the player "unlock" this secret achievement at some point in the game and visualize it as a normal achievement? Or I need to implement some quest systems to do something like this?

chrimp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey so this plugin has worked very well for me up to this point, however i did have an issue. i wanted to make an achievement for unlocking all other 16 achievements, and when this is achieved i want it to reward a switch that makes a cool statue of an 100% symbol appear in the hub. However, this has not been working at all. i set it to only one achievement for easy testing, but i also tried it with all 16. the text box for it never shows up EVER, even though i have it checked to show that. Or, the game just randomly crashes for no reason saying "switchobj" is missing. I have rewritten this achievement many times, but no matter my efforts it still does not work. and i assure you im 99% sure i made no mistakes as i rewrote the achievement several times.

for anyone who will ask: automatic tracking is set to true, and none of the boxes are empty, which i know crashes the game (it has a different error message)

does this system just not work well with the plugin or am i doing something wrong?

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@chrimp It is just this achievement causing problems? Could you open up the achievement in the plugin params, switch to the text tab at the top (should default to structure) and copy+paste that to me in a code tag so none of the formatting is lost?

If you do not see the text box (assuming you mean the toast window?) when it is earned, that probably means it is not being earned although it could be that you do not have CGMZ Toast manager which is required for that functionality. Do you have CGMZ Toast Manager imported and above this plugin in the plugin list?

For the crash, could you press F8 to open dev tools console, switch to the console tab at the top, and let me know what the full error trace is? Also, when does the game crash, when you open the achievement scene, when you start the game, when you earn the achievement?

You mentioned you have tried re-writing the achievement multiple times. If you saved between then, the saved game might not know you have changed the achievement so I would recommend testing in a new game or using the Reinitialize plugin command to reset achievements.

chrimp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@chrimp It is just this achievement causing problems? Could you open up the achievement in the plugin params, switch to the text tab at the top (should default to structure) and copy+paste that to me in a code tag so none of the formatting is lost?

If you do not see the text box (assuming you mean the toast window?) when it is earned, that probably means it is not being earned although it could be that you do not have CGMZ Toast manager which is required for that functionality. Do you have CGMZ Toast Manager imported and above this plugin in the plugin list?

For the crash, could you press F8 to open dev tools console, switch to the console tab at the top, and let me know what the full error trace is? Also, when does the game crash, when you open the achievement scene, when you start the game, when you earn the achievement?

You mentioned you have tried re-writing the achievement multiple times. If you saved between then, the saved game might not know you have changed the achievement so I would recommend testing in a new game or using the Reinitialize plugin command to reset achievements.
sorry it took me a while to respond. Yes, I do have toast manager installed, and I have rebooted the game several times while testing. And to clarify about crashing, that had only happened when I used a thing to unlock every achievement at once, with no time in between, so I think the crash there was due to that (it happens nowhere else) Otherwise, the toast box simply does not show up but it silently unlocks, and the switch it is supposed to reward never is given. Here is my code:
Code:
{"Name":"completionist","Points":"9999","Pre Description":"\"do every achievement\"","Post Description":"\"\"","Difficulty":"no","Secret":"false","Automatic":"true","Rewards":"{\"Currency\":\"0\",\"Items\":\"[]\",\"Weapons\":\"[]\",\"Armors\":\"[]\",\"Switches\":\"[\\\"{\\\\\\\"Switch\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"8\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"On/Off\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"true\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"Description\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"cool statue\\\\\\\"}\\\"]\",\"Variables\":\"[]\"}","Requirements":"{\"Currency\":\"0\",\"Items\":\"[]\",\"Weapons\":\"[]\",\"Armors\":\"[]\",\"Switches\":\"[]\",\"Variables\":\"[]\",\"Saves\":\"0\",\"Playtime\":\"0\",\"Steps\":\"0\",\"Battles\":\"0\",\"Wins\":\"0\",\"Escapes\":\"0\",\"Achievements Earned\":\"16\",\"Achievement Points\":\"0\",\"Encyclopedia Total\":\"0\",\"Encyclopedia Bestiary\":\"0\",\"Encyclopedia Items\":\"0\",\"Encyclopedia Armors\":\"0\",\"Encyclopedia Weapons\":\"0\",\"Encyclopedia Skills\":\"0\",\"Encyclopedia States\":\"0\",\"Professions\":\"[]\"}","Popup":"{\"Display?\":\"true\",\"Sound\":\"luck\",\"Image\":\"\",\"Color\":\"14\"}"}

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all,

Small update today for bugfix with switch/variable rewards.

Version 1.2.3
- Fixed crash with achievements that had switch/variable rewards

chrimp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
good work! it works very well so far

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, :kaohi:

This plugin has been updated to version 1.3.0 today!

This update modernizes control over the display window, so now you can reorder or disable any line in the display window like most of my other plugins . Other small things were updated as well, including a parameter to show separate text for Points in the total and display window, a parameter to display the total points possible in the total window, and a param to display the total achievements possible in the total window. For some reason, when I initially made this plugin, I hard-coded some English words to describe progress bars like for criterias like "Number of Saves". Now every piece of text should be controlled by text parameters, especially important for games not made in English!

Version 1.3.0:
- Added ability to choose which order & info to display for achievements
- Added param for Points text in total window (separate from Display window)
- Added param to display total achievements possible in total window
- Added param to display total points possible in total window
- Added text params for achievement requirement text (on progress bar)
- Documentation Updated

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!
I released a test version of my game on itch.io. If anyone wants to check it out, here's the link (for now in Brazilian Portuguese only, sorry).

https://rafael-lobo.itch.io/insolita

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayomitsu