bychurch6

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to get the encyclopedia installed, and I'm managing to get the Encyclopedia option created in the pause screen, but whenever I select it I get an error that says "Cannot read property 'getAmountDiscovered' of undefined."

Also, is there a way to get it to jump directly into one of the options? I only want to use the bestiary, and don't want to select Encyclopedia, then Bestiary, but jump straight to Bestiary from the main pause menu. Thank you!

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@bychurch6 Are you using a new game? You might need to use the reinitialize plugin command before calling the scene if testing with a saved game.

As for your other question, there is no way to get it to jump right into one of the options but I could add that in a future release without too much difficulty I think, thanks for the suggestion.

bychurch6

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@bychurch6 Are you using a new game? You might need to use the reinitialize plugin command before calling the scene if testing with a saved game.

As for your other question, there is no way to get it to jump right into one of the options but I could add that in a future release without too much difficulty I think, thanks for the suggestion.
That literally was the problem. Now it works like a charm! And it makes me very pleased that I've inspired you on how to improve this feature. This is amazing!

KingFOX

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've never used plugins before as I am very new to RPG maker MV. I tried add this plugin as I wanted an encylopedia for the game. I also added your base plugin and the menu that you also recommended in this thread. The problem is I just can't get any of it to work.

There's a popup on playtest that says "playtest is null" or something. I put them in order and everything, too. Is this because I added them to a game in progress? I've seen people saying I have to delete my entire project and start an entirely new game for plugins to work? Is this correct? (Really hope not otherwise I've wasted a ton of time...)

I actually tried this advice with a new project and it still would't work - the playtest would show the made with RPG maker screen which it didn't with the other project - but then go to a black page. This time it showed a different error, 'PluginManager.registerCommand is not a function'. I am on the latest patch of the game (At least, I think I am as I just got RPG maker a couple of days ago). Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a popup on playtest that says "playtest is null" or something.
Whenever you get an error message, please take a screenshot (preferably hit F8 to open developer tools, then go to the Console tab, and get the error screenshot from there). "Or something" is not helpful, and we need to know the exact error message.

PluginManager.registerCommand is not a function'.

This tells me you are trying to use an MZ plugin in an MV project. You have the wrong plugin. You need to look for an MV plugin instead.

KingFOX

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever you get an error message, please take a screenshot (preferably hit F8 to open developer tools, then go to the Console tab, and get the error screenshot from there). "Or something" is not helpful, and we need to know the exact error message.

This tells me you are trying to use an MZ plugin in an MV project. You have the wrong plugin. You need to look for an MV plugin instead.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I have just realised I made a very embarassing mistake there...trying to use a plugin for a different game. Somehow mistook the Z for the V lol. Apologies for that as well as forgetting to include the first error. However, I found the correct versions of these plugins for MV and after setting them up they appear to be working perfectly. Even in my old game project that I really wanted it for. So it seems my problem is totally solved as far as I can tell. I definitely need to pay more attention next time...again many thanks for the response and offer of help.

MattAndrewsV1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone know whether it is possible to have multiple encyclopedias drawn from the menu?

For example the main menu could have a Bestiary which would just show Monsters discovered and then a separate main menu option for the other discoverables 'Weapons, Armour, items etc'.

I am hoping to have an encyclopedia from the menu that would simply show a custom category (cards) and then a separate encyclopedia showing Items, Armour, Weapons etc.

By far my favourite plugin so far. Great work!

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@MattAndrewsV1 currently there would be no way to do that, you can select which categories display but could not have different categories display when calling the scene from different areas. I am working on an update to this to allow for text codes (\c[1] for example) in the description among other requested features, and I can see about getting this feature in to the upcoming update as well but due to how this plugin was originally written it might not be so easy to do.

MattAndrewsV1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@MattAndrewsV1 currently there would be no way to do that, you can select which categories display but could not have different categories display when calling the scene from different areas. I am working on an update to this to allow for text codes (\c[1] for example) in the description among other requested features, and I can see about getting this feature in to the upcoming update as well but due to how this plugin was originally written it might not be so easy to do.
No problem thanks for the quick response. I look forward to seeing any future updates. Again, love the work.

Neareyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, I just found this plugin but somehow I get an error "CGMZ_Temp is not defined"
I have the Core-Plugin & MenuCommandWindow-Plugin installed and the error only shows up when the Encyclopedia is active

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Neareyn Make sure the core plugin is first in your plugin list.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, update today to 1.2.0 which adds support for text codes in descriptions (and some other places) as well as some other requested features.

Version 1.2.0:
- New entries and custom data are now automatically recognized in saved games
- Added ability to use text codes in descriptions, categories, and item lists
- Added option to change label text color
- Added option to change text alignment of totals window
- Added option to customize category window height and column count
- Added plugin command to discover multiple entries at once
- Fixed bug with custom image size being incorrect for first draw
- Fixed display bug for items with learn skill effects
- Fixed display bug with Drop Item Double party effects
- Compatibility for VS Core (fix for weird window spacing)

Note: There is a new parameter for categories, if you are experiencing a crash after updating, please go into your plugin parameters for the encyclopedia and open up your Categories parameter and make sure each category has a "Command Text" field that is filled out (this will only affect people updating from a previous version).

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@YukitoTrevisan could you open the console by pressing F8 and let me see the full error trace?

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@YukitoTrevisan Could you send a picture of your plugin parameters as well? Mostly the custom entries.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, a small bugfix today.

Version 1.2.1:
- Fixed bug with columns for other horizontal command windows

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, a small bugfix today.

Version 1.2.1:
- Fixed bug with columns for other horizontal command windows
Hi @casper667 -- thank you so much for your plugins! They are so essential to my game!

I wanted to ask about this fix. Does this allow more characters to be added to the column titles by adjusting the font? The last version did that, and I am wondering if this will bring back that functionality. Thank you!

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@PandaDance The font not adjusting is due to text code support for the categories, I can add a way to disable text code support and then it will resize automatically again, but it should support the \fs code where you can resize manually. For example, \fs[12] before your category text would make it much smaller.

The fix above is something else which probably not many people noticed, mostly it would have potentially caused some conflicts with other plugins.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balthier