PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@PandaDance The font not adjusting is due to text code support for the categories, I can add a way to disable text code support and then it will resize automatically again, but it should support the \fs code where you can resize manually. For example, \fs[12] before your category text would make it much smaller.

The fix above is something else which probably not many people noticed, mostly it would have potentially caused some conflicts with other plugins.
Thank you!

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin is wonderful!
A quick question- is there a way to discover states/enemies/etc by ranges? I see there is the option of doing it by batches with manual entry of each one, but I'm looking for something along the lines of being able to mark a good chunk as discovered (ex enemies 1-35) for the purposes of testing and for areas in the game where the player can purchase information.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Maus Merryjest The batch command is the closest thing to that. I can add a range from id x to y for next update though, thanks for suggestion.

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oops- sorry to post twice, but I found something strange going on.
For my encyclo, I wanted players only to have Bestiary, Items, States, and Skills as the only entries, so I set the plugin settings as:

Issues2.JPG

However, this caused only States and Skills to show up in the encyclopedia scene, Bestiary and Items were absent. I reset all to 'true' and all entries appeared.

To double-check, I did this on a new project without any other plugins, and I experienced the same issue. I went in and modified the categories to only include those I wanted, but I still got the same result.

RoseReveries

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, thank you for writing such an in depth plugin for this, it's really almost perfect for what I need! The only thing I was wondering is if there's a way to set the enemy pages to unlock when the player uses some kind of "scan" or "libra" type skill? If not no big deal :)

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, bugfix today for the bug @Maus Merryjest found (and also was reported in my Discord).

Version 1.2.2:
- Fixed bug with Include Categories (when set to OFF only) behaving weirdly

@RoseReveries Enemies are automatically discovered when you encounter them, you do not need to scan them, though I could add an option to disable automatic tracking of enemies in a future update and you could manually add the unlock to whatever scan skill you create.

TheTrevisan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@casper667

A suggestion:

A notetag so that the database information is not displayed.

Using <cgmzdesc: [description]> we would have a more personalized description. Followed by the "sketch".

I would like to display only "secondary" information in the bestiary and some tips.

It would be possible?

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@YukitoTrevisan Thanks for the suggestion, it is on my to-do list to let people choose what information they want to display on the default categories.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, @casper667

We spoke some time ago on here. However... I want nothing but to tell you thank you and to keep up the good work. You're awesome.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like to report a weird quirk with the encyclopedia plugin.

I was using Version 1.2.2 and whenever I opened the bestiary it crashes and a whole load of plugins errored out, one of which was from your core plugin and like three random VisuStella plugins.

But then I rolled back to Version 1.1.2 and everything works just fine and nothing crashes or errors out.

I was thinking for things like this do you have mirror links of older versions of plugins?

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like to report a weird quirk with the encyclopedia plugin.

I was using Version 1.2.2 and whenever I opened the bestiary it crashes and a whole load of plugins errored out, one of which was from your core plugin and like three random VisuStella plugins.

But then I rolled back to Version 1.1.2 and everything works just fine and nothing crashes or errors out.

I was thinking for things like this do you have mirror links of older versions of plugins?
I don't have links to old versions of my plugins, and would not recommend using old versions. Instead, please report any problems you find with the most updated version so I can fix it. You can report a problem by pressing F8 in game, clicking the Console tab at the top of the window that pops up, and taking a screenshot of what it says there after you encounter the issue and either posting it on the thread of the plugin or in my discord support channel.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't have links to old versions of my plugins, and would not recommend using old versions. Instead, please report any problems you find with the most updated version so I can fix it. You can report a problem by pressing F8 in game, clicking the Console tab at the top of the window that pops up, and taking a screenshot of what it says there after you encounter the issue and either posting it on the thread of the plugin or in my discord support channel.
Okay so the problem kinda resolved itself but if I encounter it again I will report with a screenshot of what the console throws up.

Xana43

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay so the problem kinda resolved itself but if I encounter it again I will report with a screenshot of what the console throws up.

I may be experiencing the same issues as noted before with 1.2.2 crashing. The error is a type error
1626835573779.png and just to be sure I disabled all the plugins that error out, and it still pops up this error

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Xana43 Do all of your categories have the "Command Text" parameter filled out?

Kymbber

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@casper667

First of all, thanks for the amazing plugins, I feel that without them it would be much harder to get my ideas off the paper.

Suggestion:

Subcategory, that's a feature that I think would be amazing! Would give the possibility to make the encyclopedia even more customizable and (in my view) even more organized.

Would it be possible?

(Sorry for any english errors, it's not my primary language)

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kymbber I am not sure what you mean by subcategory. You want another command window after selecting a category? Like Item -> Key Item -> now you see all key items in list? It is possible of course and I will add it to my to-do list but it will be a lot of work so not something to expect any time soon.

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @casper667

EDIT: Just realised this is MZ. I'm using the MV plugin.
Fantastic plugin which I make extensive use of. I love it to death.
Just a quick question - someone mentioned last year about having it be compatible with the Yanfly / VisuStella plugins which pick a random enemy from a pool of enemies when battles are started, so that each 'troop' is randomised from the pool.

I've noticed that when using this, the bestiary options aren't filled in, so for now, have dropped back to using the 'standard' MV approach of creating tons of troops.

Do you know if this compatibility will be added in the future?

Thanks for the AMAZING work!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633