DSBwizzardMakesGame

Happy to be here
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Just started using this plugin, but have been keeping tabs on it for a while. Are there any updates regarding the ability to disable enemies being added to the Encyclopedia automatically, instead requiring the use of a "Scan/Libra" Skill calling the Discover Enemy: Command? I would love this in my own project very greatly. Thanks for the good work!

DSBwizzardMakesGame

Happy to be here
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds fantastic! Disabling the automatic discovery would be nice. Perhaps you can choose if you want each section (enemies, items, skills, etc) to be automatic or manual. Thanks for the great work, excited for future updates!

Snorre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! I have installed the core and encyclopedia, but Im having trouble getting the
encyclopedia to show up on the in-game menu. The same problem happend with another
meny-related plug-in i used before trying yours. Any suggestions?

BillyJack

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Some of the monsters in my game are place holders or separators. Is there a way to prevent all of them from being listed in the Encyclopedia.

Edit:
Figured it out.
place
<cgmzencyclopediahide>
in the notes and it won't be considered.

Last edited:

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dope Yes, I am planning to add that to a future release, thank you for the suggestion.
I was just about to ask for it, great to hear that You were planning it!
It's been already 4 months, though. Are You still working on the update? (I'm working in MV btw)

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I've been having some compatibility issues with the Encyclopedia plugin and Visutella's message plugin for awhile. At one point they worked fine together but I think an update for Visutella's stuff broke it awhile and I'm scratching my head on how to fix it. Here are screenshots of the error message and dev console:

Attachments

• 2022-05-11 (1).png
    2022-05-11 (1).png
    257.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2022-05-11 (2).png
    2022-05-11 (2).png
    859.5 KB · Views: 3

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Uzuki Unfortunately it is difficult to troubleshoot compatibility issues with visustella since I can't look at their code. Of undefined usually means the object doesn't exist, which could also be a blank string since it looks like the error is related to drawing text - specifically the category names in the category window of the encyclopedia. Do any of your categories not have names? This could happen if you upgraded from an older version of the encyclopedia. Check the encyclopedia parameter "Categories" which should open the list of categories and then check and make sure each one has its "Command Text" parameter filled out (not blank).

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@casper667 Yup, just filling in the blank fixed it! Thank you so much for the help and the awesome plugins you make. Keep up the fantastic work!

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, today I updated this plugin to v1.3.0 :kaohi:

This update brings numerous improvements, including the main one of allowing you to reorder and/or disable each line of information shown for each category. There are also some new items that can be drawn for each category, which are headers and blank lines if you wish to add separation between lines for some reason (in the below image, the headers are the Drops and Sketch which take up the full line):
J2pqrWa.png

I also added a batch discovery command for custom categories, now you should have a plugin command to batch discover any category. You can also now disable automatic discover for each category, such as if you have a "scan" skill to discover enemies and do not want them to be discovered just from appearing in battle without scanning them.

Version 1.3.0
- Added ability to choose which info to display for every category
- Added ability to re-order information shown for every category
- Added custom batch discovery plugin command
- Added ability to turn off auto-discovery
- Increased max height of display window
- Fixed bug with custom entries that didn't have descriptions
- Fixed bug with uppercase symbols for custom categories
- Documentation no longer horizontally scrolls
- Documentation update to be easier to read/explain more

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, today I updated this plugin to v1.3.0 :kaohi:

This update brings numerous improvements, including the main one of allowing you to reorder and/or disable each line of information shown for each category. There are also some new items that can be drawn for each category, which are headers and blank lines if you wish to add separation between lines for some reason (in the below image, the headers are the Drops and Sketch which take up the full line):
J2pqrWa.png

I also added a batch discovery command for custom categories, now you should have a plugin command to batch discover any category. You can also now disable automatic discover for each category, such as if you have a "scan" skill to discover enemies and do not want them to be discovered just from appearing in battle without scanning them.

Version 1.3.0
- Added ability to choose which info to display for every category
- Added ability to re-order information shown for every category
- Added custom batch discovery plugin command
- Added ability to turn off auto-discovery
- Increased max height of display window
- Fixed bug with custom entries that didn't have descriptions
- Fixed bug with uppercase symbols for custom categories
- Documentation no longer horizontally scrolls
- Documentation update to be easier to read/explain more
@casper667 This is fantastic, and makes one of my most essential plugins pretty much perfect.

May I ask, what incentive would you need to retroactively add these new features to the MV version? I completely understand why you don't support it any more - they are a legacy product at this point, of course. But I would like to commission such a thing directly.
Feel free to PM me, if this is something you'd be willing to be renumerated for.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@C64_Mat I don't take commissions, sorry. The MZ encyclopedia differs quite significantly from the MV version at this point so it would probably be quite a large project. You could try getting the MZ encyclopedia working in MV with RETRO: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/retro-mz-plugins-on-mv.135715/

It says it works with my MZ encyclopedia, but not sure if any of the updates since that post was made would have broken compatibility.

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't take commissions, sorry.
Ok; no worries. Congratulations on great work.

I'll look forward to using it on my next project! My current one still has about a year of development time left on it

DSBwizzardMakesGame

Happy to be here
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am so extremely excited about this update. Thank you so much! Looking forward to trying it out very soon.

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm getting the following issue1653771603213.png

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lunesis it looks like a plugin conflict to me. Could you disable non-CGMZ plugins one by one until you figure out which one is causing the issue?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it sames the wave core is the cultprit of it as it has a space and have
<computed><computed>, disable that one and it should work.

you could try to place it above or below, depending where it stands.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took some trial and error, but I managed to create "visuals" for underground dig path regions.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuiTra