English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
CGMZ Exit To Desktop
By: Casper Gaming
Last Update: 10/20/2020
Latest Version: 1.0.0

Introduction
Adds an option to close the game completely in the title screen, game end screen, and (if using CGMZ GameOver) in the game over screen as well.

Features
  • Exit game to desktop on title screen
  • Exit game to desktop on game end screen
Screenshots
Exit the game from the in-game main menu

Exit the game to desktop from title screen

How to Use
Import into plugin manager and enable the plugin. Some customization options available. Further instructions in plugin.

Plugin
Plugin (along with all my other plugins) can be found here: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmz/exittodesktop/
Requires CGMZ Core (v1.2+) plugin: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmz/core/

Credit & Terms
https://www.caspergaming.com/terms-of-use/

Version History
Version 1.0:
- Initial Release

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Always good to have that feature. Makes it feel complete being able to exit to desktop. Thanks Casper.

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@casper667 Nice Plugin Casper, would it be also possible to add a loading and save function into this?
I always thought mvs and mzs way of doing things where weird, the idea is as follows.

No save menu no game end menu, instead:
Game System Menu:

Save Game
Load Game
Return to Title
End Game

All In one Menu, which would be the alternate "game end menu" and just renamed to system menu.
Let me know your thoughts.

Edit: The default save menu can just be disabled in system tabs of the engine anyway.
And your plugin could also give the option to disable or enable certain functions.
So developers have free control of that customization for there game.
Just putting it in the plugin settings would be the best solution.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Heartless_Angel I think it makes sense, but since you can already partially do that with CGMZ Menu Command Window (hiding save from main menu, changing name of game end menu, just can't show save/load in the game end menu) I will release another plugin that lets you have similar control over the game end menu so you can call your own custom scenes from there as well (maybe you want Options as well or some other plugin's custom scene, but someone else doesn't).

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this. It boggles my mind why they took this option out in the default game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeoRetro