First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
CGMZ Toast Manager
By: Casper Gaming
Last Update: 11/20/2020
Latest Version: 1.0.2

This plugin creates up to 3 toast windows in each scene (some exceptions) which will display brief information or images to the player for a short amount of time. Windows will be shown as they are freed in the case of a queue of more than 3 toasts.

• Create up to 3 toast windows to display information
  • Text or Image based toasts
  • Easy creation of toasts through plugin command

A text based toast window

Two image based toast windows

Import into plugin manager and enable the plugin. Some customization options available. Further instructions in plugin.

Plugin (along with all my other plugins) can be found here: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmz/toastmanager/
Requires CGMZ Core plugin: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmz/core/

https://www.caspergaming.com/terms-of-use/

Version 1.0:
- Initial Release

Version 1.0.1:
- SE are no longer mandatory on toasts

Version 1.0.2:
- Toast windows no longer update if they are not visible
- Fix crash with VS Debugger (hopefully)

Last edited:

Zaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks once again. The next great plugin from you :) After I discovered your crafting system and your professions system for me, I installed that too, because all three work really well together. This time, unfortunately, it first stopped with an error message and it took me a while to find out that all events that use the toast manager must have set the toast sound effect. But now it works great. But do you see a possibility that you don't have to set this sound effect? (This is an additional soundeffect that doesn't really fit into the game for me).

The error below occurred when leveling up the professions. I add that because the line numbers are included
Toast_Manager.png

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Zaven Good suggestion, this was also brought up yesterday in my discord. I am not sure quite what I was thinking when I made it required, probably just an oversight. I have changed it now.

Version 1.0.1:
- SE are no longer mandatory on toasts

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all,

Added a demo for this plugin today in case anyone was confused on how to use it (will be going through all my plugins and making demos over the next few weeks), you can play it in-browser or download it from the plugin's main page on my website: https://www.caspergaming.com/plugins/cgmz/toastmanager/

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1601984677925.png
Test battle and this happens.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Jrrkein I am not sure what caused this, especially with this plugin since it doesn't really touch anything in the battle scene. I am able to do battles and use skills in my test project, both in game test and battle test. It sounds like you may have run into a default editor bug reported here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...tal-active-tpbs-bug-crashing-the-game.126144/

If that doesn't sound like what may have caused this issue for you, I will need you to provide some reproduction steps that cause this to happen.

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hey Casper. I love the toast plugin. I know you don't much mess with other people's plugins, but I use a bunch of visustella stuff, and the Toast plugin has a minor conflict with their debugger. Now, it could be their fault, but since most of their plugins are obfuscated, I can't look. However, I did manage to make your plugin work with a two line change. Basically, whenever you close the visustella debugger, the game crashes because of (what looks like) a scene refresh and Toast is expecting a window to be there. So, I put in a quick check to see if the Toast object exists, and if not, skip the "offending" code.

I've attached my changes in case you care to incorporate them. Look for "poorrabbit did this" on line 487.
They do not appear to adversely affect the plugin. Toasts continue to work, and I'm using your Achievement plugin too. Sooooo glad to see no incompatibilities between them and the other stuff I'm using. Keep up the great work!

Attachments

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@poorrabbit Interesting, I can add the null check into the next version to work with their debugger. Hard to tell what is causing the issue due to obfuscation.

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, small update today to hopefully make this compatible with vs debugger and also a small performance upgrade to make the windows only update if they are displaying

Version 1.0.2:
- Toast windows no longer update if they are not visible
- Fix crash with VS Debugger (hopefully)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OYeh