RMMV CGT Auto Heal (like in Persona 5)

CG-Tespy

Professional Persona Panderer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know how in Persona 5, you can have items automatically used to bring your party members' HP to full, saving you time otherwise spent going through menus? That's what this plugin's for, but on a bigger scale; there's a lot you can customize about the auto healing process.

Do you want to heal MP instead of HP? Both? Do you want the healing to use only items, or maybe skills, too? All that and more is all up to you! ^_^

So far, all I've implemented is healing HP through items. As the itch.io page mentions, the current beta relies on a beta of my core engine. As all I added to it was an API to make item-use easier, it shouldn't break compatibility with the official releases of my other plugins. Given how the MV API is, I'll likely be extending said core engine even more so that what this plugin does, won't require too much ceremony. ^^;

Downloads are on the itch.io page. Feedback would be much appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

CG-Tespy

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've released version 0.05.03 now. Some huge changes have been made to how it works: it relies on
two custom notetags to function. They are:

• CGT_AutoHeal_Usable
    • This sets the item/skill to be usable by the system.
  • CGT_AutoHeal_Priority <num>
    • This assigns a priority value to the item/skill. Higher priority means the system uses it before others.
    • This one is optional; all the usable items/skills have default priority values of 0.
One of the screenshots added to the itch page and the OP shows them in action.

This version adds one more important thing: Skills can now be used to apply HP Healing.

Making this plugin has been quite the learning experience for me, as I get more and more familiar with how MV handles items, skills, etc.

CG-Tespy

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just about finished the plugin. Some pretty huge changes have been made; I've removed all Plugin Params, and added several Plugin Commands for people to use it with. This made things not just easier to code, but much for flexible for the end user :)

Yes, this means I've cut out the feature where you can set Common Events to execute before and after the healing; RM's builtins make it needless, redundant, and as a result, inconvenient.

I'll have the official release sometime next week.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome idea for a plugin! :kaopride:

I'm running into an issue trying to impliment it, though. I get this crash when attempting to run the plugin command: CGT_AutoHeal_ApplyHeal_Items HP MP

TypeError: Cannot read property 'Apply' of null at HealHP (CGT_AutoHeal_MV.js:429)

Just a few notes about how I was testing it, in case it helps;
I had a party of two, each with 50 points of HP damage dealt to them.
I also gave myself x10 of HP and MP recovering items (recovers 20 points of HP or MP respectively).

The recovery items have the following notetags:
CGT_AutoHeal_Usable
CGT_AutoHeal_Priority = 100

CG-Tespy

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for reporting that to me :) Try removing the equals signs from the priority notetags. The syntax specifically requires just a single space between "_Priority" and the number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne