Chain Commands (quicktime event minigame)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by mjshi, Jun 15, 2017.

1. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Darniela Did you try going here, then right-clicking "save as" ChainCommand.js? Sometimes plugins are sensitive to name changes or stuff. You could also try running this plugin in a new project and seeing if you can launch it there, if you can it might be a compatibility issue with something else you have. If it still doesn't work, wost-case zip up your project files, upload them to dropbox or something, then PM me the link. I'll try to to investigate.

2. Panthus

Panthus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @mjshi ! I love this plugin, but I can't get it to work. I get a screen saying "Syntax Error. Unexpected Identifier". Is this something you have encountered? o_O I am clueless! It would be super helpful if you had like a demo/project that I can look at and see where I'm doing stuff wrong :3

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. Darniela

Darniela Villager Member

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works! The problem was that I had renamed the plugin - I added "mjshi" to the title so I wouldn't forget to mention you in the credits. I had done the same with your "ConditionalBranch+" (a pretty neat thing btw) and it worked fine so I didn't expect renaming to be the cause. Thank you so much for your help and keep up the good work :wub:wub

mjshi likes this.
  4. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This has resulted in some improvements in a hidden function of my game which I've been meaning to do for awhile, and can help with more than QTE sequencing if done properly. I'm not yet done with this aspect (in fact, I literally just implemented this!) but this plugin can do some interesting things beyond its stated purpose.

For example, here's a classic combo that you can do by adding menu to the list of accepted inputs:

ChainCommand 400 up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,cancel,ok,menu

(Ten guesses what that is.)

Don't forget to create an icon to represent the menu input if you do this. Named accordingly, of course.

Now I'm gonna see if I can insert code for a hidden sequence event, so that I can more effectively seal the deal for the ultimate secret.

EDIT: A bit tricky for the intended mode change so for now I made a "part two" which contains modified portions of the base code and a hidemode-specific image to do everything the base version does but without the visual feedback.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    mjshi likes this.
  5. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @BreakerZero Always good to hear what people are doing with my stuff, thanks for sharing!
    @Panthus Apologies on the late reply, if you're still stuck on that same problem free to PM me and I'll try to help you out!

6. falken14

falken14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @mjshi, I would love to see a battle-specific use for this excellent plugin. I had a bunch of QTE skills made with SRD's Arrow Timed Attack Sequence, but that plugin seems to have broken since I updated MV past V1.5.x. ;_; Would this need to be commissioned?

(I did try to do this by using the ChainCmd plugin command in a common event, and then call it within the skill using Yanfly's Action Sequences, but as another poster mentioned, it doesn't quite work as well as on the map).

7. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, probably. It would require some significant rewriting of the plugin as-is. I'd look into combo skill plugins if I were you, they're close enough to be substitutes.

8. falken14

falken14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sure, I figured it wouldn't be easy. Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the great plugin! I will still be using it for a lot of map events in my game.

9. Darniela

Darniela Villager Member

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello again,
    I'm having trouble changing the background in the minigame. I tried two approaches:
    1) doesn't work at all
    upload_2019-9-24_13-39-12.png
    2) turns on the mini game with the default background
    upload_2019-9-24_13-42-50.png
    I'm at my wit's end even though I bet this issue has a very easy solution :D Can anybody help the noob out?

EDIT: this is the customized background (for my language acquisiton game), it's in the img/chaincmd folder
    background2.png

10. mjshi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Darniela Don't have it be a plugin command, use a script command! It should be around the same area in the event commands box. Otherwise you're doing it correctly c:

Darniela likes this.
  11. Darniela

Darniela Villager Member

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    IT WORKS!!! Thank you so much, you are amazing :wub:wub

12. mjshi

First Language:
    English