Chain Commands (quicktime event minigame)

Noova_art

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to write the command but it doesn't seem to run? I put the graphic folder in img folder and also tried the commands which were written in the youtube video (Since the help file didn't have any help written in it) but it doesn't wanna run? I also tried taking the plugin on a different list. but still the same chase

it could be me which is stupid here. but may I get some help on how to set up the plugin commands?

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Noova_art If instructions wasn't direct-
Extract assets folder, take the folder inside called "chaincmd"
and move chaincmd to the img/ directory. (in your project folder)

Noova_art

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Noova_art If instructions wasn't direct-
Extract assets folder, take the folder inside called "chaincmd"
and move chaincmd to the img/ directory. (in your project folder)

Thank you so much for helping me c: it turns out that I saved it wrong :p

Dapaz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I was wondering how do I make a life or death quick time event which if failed kills the player?

Shwinnikus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I installed your plugin, but I have one issue regarding the map.

When I enter the minigame for ChainCommands, the world (ie the sprites in the background and all moving parts like images and animations are paused until the ChainCommands plugin call is completed. Is there any way to allow the game to continue running in the background while your plugin is active on screen?

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mjshi,
Would it be possible to port this one as well?

Can't hurt to ask!

Cheers,

Steven

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@mjshi,
Would it be possible to port this one as well?

Can't hurt to ask!

Cheers,

Steven
To MZ? I might in the future but I don't currently own the newest engine. This one's definitely on my list though!

To @Dapaz and @Shwinnikus, sorry for the late reply! I sometimes don't get emailed about some forum posts, not sure why. You probably don't need an answer anymore but I'll just respond for posterity.

Dapaz, making a life or death quicktime event would just be checking the switch to see if the player won, and if not, showing a game over.

And Shwinnikus, not currently, no. Chain Commands currently isn't implemented as a map overlay so it pauses the game. I might change that in the future ...

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @mjshi thanks for the plugin.

Just want to make you aware that it appears to be incompatible with Irina's performance upgrade.

Specifically the "Blur Menu Background" function. Setting it to true causes the following error:
Code:
TypeError: value.addLoadListener is not a function
    at Sprite.set (rpg_core.js:3998)
    at Sprite.initialize (rpg_core.js:3976)
    at Sprite.initialize (SAN_ShaderFilter.js:499)
    at new Sprite (rpg_core.js:3944)
    at Scene_ChainCommand.createBackground (ChainCommand.js:303)
    at Scene_ChainCommand.create (ChainCommand.js:297)
    at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:2005)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1982)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
Turning off the Blur Menu Background function allows it to work perfectly, however.

This isn't a big deal for me, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks again. :)

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @mjshi thanks for the plugin.

Just want to make you aware that it appears to be incompatible with Irina's performance upgrade.

Specifically the "Blur Menu Background" function. Setting it to true causes the following error:
Code:
TypeError: value.addLoadListener is not a function
    at Sprite.set (rpg_core.js:3998)
    at Sprite.initialize (rpg_core.js:3976)
    at Sprite.initialize (SAN_ShaderFilter.js:499)
    at new Sprite (rpg_core.js:3944)
    at Scene_ChainCommand.createBackground (ChainCommand.js:303)
    at Scene_ChainCommand.create (ChainCommand.js:297)
    at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:2005)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1982)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
Turning off the Blur Menu Background function allows it to work perfectly, however.

This isn't a big deal for me, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks again. :)
Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to look into this, in the meantime I'll add a warning about it to the main post.

Anohe1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love your plugin mjshi but is it possible to use it in a battle like chain active skills?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love your plugin mjshi but is it possible to use it in a battle like chain active skills?
Glad you like it! Unfortunately not, but that's definitely something I'll consider adding in the future (but it'd likely only be for common events).

TheGentlemanLoser

Let your madness run with mine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is great, exactly what I needed to implement my hacking minigame, thanks mjshi!

I have one question about a potential future feature, which is would it be possible w/o too much extra work on your part to add the option to generate a sequence of x inputs long rather than manually coding in the correct sequence? The ability to randomize the input required (w/o changing the length of the input or the time allowed) would make allowing "retries" (for any application) more feasible, as each attempt wouldn't help one memorize the sequence for the next attempt, if that makes any sense.

EDIT: okay I just saw this in the OP
- Randomize your sequences with the random:X feature!
and now I feel dumb asking for something you already did, I must just have an earlier version w/o that option.

EDIT 2: nope I was even dumber than I thought it's right there in the documentation of the version I have and I missed it somehow orz

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is great, exactly what I needed to implement my hacking minigame, thanks mjshi!

I have one question about a potential future feature, which is would it be possible w/o too much extra work on your part to add the option to generate a sequence of x inputs long rather than manually coding in the correct sequence? The ability to randomize the input required (w/o changing the length of the input or the time allowed) would make allowing "retries" (for any application) more feasible, as each attempt wouldn't help one memorize the sequence for the next attempt, if that makes any sense.

EDIT: okay I just saw this in the OP

and now I feel dumb asking for something you already did, I must just have an earlier version w/o that option.

EDIT 2: nope I was even dumber than I thought it's right there in the documentation of the version I have and I missed it somehow orz
No worries, glad you figured it out! Reading is hard xD

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, okay, it doesn't seem to want to work at all now. Which implies it was working for me before, which it wasn't, I was just assuming it would. I've tried moving into a blank project and it's not working there either. Question on the documentation because it's the only guess I've got left at what's going wrong (and I'll test it after this then edit this post): it says

"Installation: Extract the included folder to the img/ directory."

but immediately below that it says

"There are some additional files in the img/chaincmd/templates folder that you can either delete or use for whatever you want."

Now I put my assets in a folder called chaincmd in the image directory, should they instead go in a subfolder called templates inside the chaincmd folder? Lemme see if that fixes the issue...

edit: yeah that did not fix it...here's the test project. tried it w/ the assets inside the chaincmd folder inside of the img/ directory and w/ the assets inside a folder called templates inside that folder, neither one will work.

I Am Not Smart.jpg

*scratches head*

Last edited:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm, okay, it doesn't seem to want to work at all now. Which implies it was working for me before, which it wasn't, I was just assuming it would. I've tried moving into a blank project and it's not working there either. Question on the documentation because it's the only guess I've got left at what's going wrong (and I'll test it after this then edit this post): it says

"Installation: Extract the included folder to the img/ directory."

but immediately below that it says

"There are some additional files in the img/chaincmd/templates folder that you can either delete or use for whatever you want."

Now I put my assets in a folder called chaincmd in the image directory, should they instead go in a subfolder called templates inside the chaincmd folder? Lemme see if that fixes the issue...

edit: yeah that did not fix it...here's the test project. tried it w/ the assets inside the chaincmd folder inside of the img/ directory and w/ the assets inside a folder called templates inside that folder, neither one will work.

View attachment 175554

*scratches head*
The chaincmd folder should be extracted to img/, however there are extra included files in chaincmd/templates if you want to customize the look of the quicktime event (ex, reskin buttons etc). They aren't necessary to run the plug-in though so you can delete them to save disk space.

Also, make sure you don't rename the plug-in file! The original name is needed so the plug-in is able to read your parameters.

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. wow, what a difference a space makes!

Is this the case w/ all plugins, though? I feel like I would have noticed if it was, but maybe not! I'm not in the habit of renaming plugins--in this case I initially downloaded the plugin wrong (possibly as a text file or something it was on my laptop where I don't have notepad++ installed for some reason) and renamed it so I'd know which was which.

Anyway thanks again for troubleshooting my dumbness! lol. Works great now.

MMG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tryed installing it, I put the plugin in, I put the assets into the right folder and still doesnt work. When I try to call the minigame with plugin command nothing happens and it just skipps it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

To composers out there, what are atleast 4 instruments overall I need to have to make my music not feeling empty? I'm here stuck trying to make my own battle music but it kinda sounds... Not intense?
My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lobsterknees