hoboayoyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Im looking to make a chain follow up skill like in entrain odyssey's fencer class.
If enemy has 'fire chain' status effect, there will be a X % chance of character A following up with a fire slash skill, whenever the enemy is hit with a fire elemental attack.
Aka: Fire hit on enemy procs player A to hit enemy.
I found a forum that talked about something similar.
But I'd like it to be state dependent instead of inserting this on every elemental skill.
I'd also only want character A to follow up if the skill activates.
Any thoughts?

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yanfly's Weapon Unleash plug-in, check that out
EDIT - It allows percentage chances, it's modeled after a system that does that same thing

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
This is pretty easy to do without any scripting. I do this in a lot of My projects because I love chaser skills.

First have a state called “fire chase” or something.

Then create a common event called “fire chase”.

Have a conditional branch in that state that says if actor has fire chase state, force action on last target with whatever skill you want them to use.

then have all of your fire skills trigger that common event.

if you need screenshots, I can provide some but not until tomorrow unfortunately

hoboayoyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Lonewulf123
I think I get it.
I'll have to try that out when I get a chance.
is there a way to have two versions? One that's only applied to an enemy and one that can hit all enemy is. I know you example would work for all enemies but just wanted to test. And does your example work for a move that hits all foes?

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
@Lonewulf123
I think I get it.
I'll have to try that out when I get a chance.
is there a way to have two versions? One that's only applied to an enemy and one that can hit all enemy is. I know you example would work for all enemies but just wanted to test. And does your example work for a move that hits all foes?
Yes, it will work. You just have to create a different follow up skill.

one skill with have a target that hits all.

the other will have a target of hits one enemy.

Then it’s just a matter of getting the conditional branch to choose the right skill.
What I would do is have a state that determines which follow up it will choose.

hoboayoyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Lonewulf123
Is there a way to have the follow up skill work only if the parent skill hit the enemy?
Also when I force an action, it resets the users ATB. I don't see anything in yanfly atb plugin that forces the forced actors atb to not reset.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
@Lonewulf123
Is there a way to have the follow up skill work only if the parent skill hit the enemy?
Also when I force an action, it resets the users ATB. I don't see anything in yanfly atb plugin that forces the forced actors atb to not reset.
I don’t use ATB systems so I don’t know how that plays with force actions sorry.

And If you use yanfky lunatic scripts, you should be able to set a condition if the target is hit. I don’t know that function of the top of my head, but it’s probably user.result() something. You’ll have to look it up.
Once you have that, set it up so after the condition of the skill is met, it directs to the common event you set up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg
It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tucheka