Chain Game II - Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Deckiller, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I wish I knew...

Here's what I know so far though.

Main Character: Richard (Graphic Actor 3-7)

Richard grew up in a forest next to a fairly large but undetailed town. The only people in the town that actually have minds of their own is Deckiller and Seaciff.

That's it.

2. Xoltox

Xoltox Ehmm... what? Veteran

First Language:
    Hindi
    OoO!!!

So... I guess i'll have to wait...

BTw... I might (might) change my mind and take a chapter that comes later on... Well basically i depends on the Ch.1

3. Greensburg

Greensburg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Well...I've kind of started mapping a town/dungeon. No dialogue or anything yet, so that I can make it fit on later chapters.

C-C-C-Cashmere likes this.
  4. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I apologize that this project has been taking longer than it should be. The current status update is this:

• Deckiller is busy working on the intro area. We've been waiting until he gets this finished, but it may be easier to start on sections like the hub town as he finishes this, because he is a very busy manager of a site, and has real life obligations.
    • The Radiant Chain Wiki is here: http://the-radiant-chain.wikia.com/wiki/The_Radiant_Chain_Wiki
    • Feel free to add plot points, character ideas, and various miscellanea in their relevant respective topic pages.
    • For direct communication add me or Deckiller via Skype (my username is thatbennyguy, and Deckiller's is Deckiller. I think Seacliff's is Seacliff but I'm not sure, you'll have to check with him on that).
    • Seacliff can start on the hub town, and post it online for anyone to edit and add their things. Deckiller describes a possible hub town as this: "I think we could combine the field and island ideas. The southern half of the game area could be a mainland/large island, with a field and whatnot leading to areas. The central town could be more like a hub with three entrances to a field (east/west/south) and a port on its north side that could lead to island and stuff. This would balance things out nicely. Someone could make a whole new island, or an expanded early chapter area unlocked by an item obtained in the previous chapter, or a storyline event."
    • So if Seacliff or anyone else could make a central "hubtown" with three E/S/W entrances, with a Northside Port that would be fantastic. I might even start work on this soon.
    So if anyone would like to contribute to this Chain Game Project at the moment, you can do one/more of the following:

• Write some lore on the Wiki
    • Create a draft of the hub town, with East/South/West entrances and a North-side port with basic shops, preferably not too small
    • Create a dungeon-esque area with any theme
    • Contribute character ideas on the Wiki
    If anyone missed it, the Wiki is here: http://the-radiant-chain.wikia.com/wiki/The_Radiant_Chain_Wiki

Once we get a base RPG Maker project build, then we can really get things going.

Let's get this thing rolling, people! :)

5. Xoltox

Xoltox Ehmm... what? Veteran

First Language:
    Hindi
    Oooooo!!!

Im up for duty!!!

6. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I'll take this as 'your last map was terrible, seacliff. Now make a new one' :D jk

Seriously, I'll restart on a BETTER town now. But I'll need some help this time. If someone is interested in making some interior parts of the town and then send them to me so I can connect them to the main town, post here saying so and I'll PM you so we can work things out.

Choco-Elliot Wyvern likes this.
  7. Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Choco-Elliot Wyvern Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan Veteran

First Language:
    Chocobo
    Yay now we can start I guess XD

@Seacliff

I'd be happy to help out a bit :3

8. Greensburg

First Language:
    Spanish
    I was thinking we could add an arena or something of the sort to the main town, so that everyone could add new challenges in their own chapter, if they feel like it of course .The player would start at Rank 1 and unlock the following ranks as he progresses through the game. It's also a valid excuse to have the player fight that monster you really wanted to add but didn't because of the plot/setting.

If you say the word, I'll take a go at mapping the place. Probably east or west of town is a good idea.

9. Espon

Espon Lazy Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm kind of want to see the actual project file Deckiller started on so I can get an idea on what needs to be finished.

I came up with a chapter about two months ago for one of the main characters and their starting area (assuming we're sticking with 4 this time around).

10. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I'm suggesting five characters, using yanfly we can squeeze in one more character in a battle. Any more than five in battle I believe is overdoing it.

11. Lustermx

Lustermx Veteran Veteran

If you'd like Seacliff, I can help make the town by adding in any edits to make it look better. I can also add some houses.

I've actually hardly mapped in Ace and am currently craving to get into it - I think this would be a perfect way to start and contribute.

If we don't get a move on, this project will die. Die, I tell you. Die.

12. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I was planning to have thatbennyguy do the details, but I guess I could split up the work between you two or have you do it if thatbennyguy can't. I trust Choco will have good enough maps that little to no edits will be needed at all so it just leaves the my part, exterior part, which is only four maps.

But if the maps are THAT bad they you'll probably be busy enough with just two maps. XD

Edit: I just got another Idea, remember the well dungeon in the first game that you could add on to but didn't get to far because it came somewhat late in the game? Do you think you could start something similar (have another well, or maybe a tower) probably only be 2-4 maps, then you could place the entrance onto the town when it's done. I think that might be a better idea, but the choice is still yours, I just don't think two people working on the same thing will get this done faster.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  13. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Seacliff Your town wasn't horrible, it was just very small, and I think we should make it a bit more expansive if we're gonna have it as our hub town.

If anyone wants to add parts to Seacliff's town, then they can if they wish. Also, if anyone wants to send me their Skype, I can add everyone to a Skype group chat if you wish.

@Greensburg OK sure. You can create that arena, and then upload it if you wish. Then we can add it to the wiki to make it "official". Don't worry about orientation with the town,
    if you don't need to. We can sort that out later.

@Espon It would be nice to have Deckiller finish his part before we start, but that might take quite a long time. I'll keep poking him to get that up and running, but in the
    meanwhile I don't see how we should sit around getting nothing done. :)

Also, if you want to upload that story into the wiki in a new chapter, say "character ideas" that would be fantastic. It would be cool to get some of this lore up and running.

@Seacliff We can always use a party-switching tool if it becomes too much. Also, not every character that we flesh out needs to be playable. There are NPCs which are characters
    as well.

@Lustermx Please start doing that. It would be great. We can always merge you and Seacliff's ideas together if possible. I can contribute to this town as well, I'm already
    making a castle-ish base. What doesn't fit can be scrapped, but at least we have some ideas flying around.

@Seacliff We can create a system where the chains can be edited if the author says it is OK too. For instance, I'd be more than happy if more able creators edited my work to make
    it even better.

Updated To-Do:

• Seacliff and Lustermx, as well as myself and anyone else who is willing, can create their own versions of elements of the town, and we will merge together the best ideas from the various versions
    • Espon and others can start writing character lore in the wiki, fleshing out the world as we add new things
    • Greensburg can start work on the arena, and upload the initial version to this thread
    • Whoever wants to join the Skype chat, can either post their Skype in this thread or PM it to me (Note: I do not have internet on my home computer for a couple of days, due to just moving in, so I may not be able to add a group until a few days)

14. Greensburg

First Language:
    Spanish
    My Skype is "greensburgg". I don't use it much, but it's a handy tool to keep in touch.

Hope hearing from you guys.

I actually have an arena that was being developed on another game. Seeing as how I don't think I'll have time to work on that one, I'll just import it here instead. It has shops and an inn on the second floor for convenience issues. I plan on having the shops unlock more items as the player completes the various challenges. This may also be a good place to add minigames if any of you feel like it. I'll post some screens soon (It's not that impressive, really).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  15. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    My Skype is 'seacliff217' (I never use it, I just got it for this situation)

Alright, I'm good with most of that. I thought the size was alright, but I can see where it can be too small, I'll double the dimensions and see how that goes.

Also, I want to avoid using the party switching tool, personally, It's just because party members went a slight bit out of hand last time and I think we need a limit on that if possible, and I just feel that 5 is a round number that can work in all at once battle and also not feel lacking.

@Greensburgh

I like the tournament idea, really, you can start working on it now, but i won't add any other maps besides Choco's interiors until the town is virtually done.

I might need to make slight edits with anyone making an add-on to the town (ex: Direction of entrance, size, etc. but nothing major.), however, it will all work out in the end so no real restrictions on what can be added on to the town, just remember to say what you are doing and add it to the wiki, we may be able to add a scraped section to the wikia for ideas that didn't make it but still fresh for another time.

16. Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Choco-Elliot Wyvern Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan Veteran

First Language:
    Chocobo
    So will the game be situated in Arum?

17. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Well there was a plan to have a sequel, which would take place in arum, but we decided to have the Chain Game world and Arum separate worlds. Assuming that this game will take place in the same world as the first chain game.

18. Greensburg

First Language:
    Spanish
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  19. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Thanks, I'll see about getting this together with the new and improved town.There is a couple of event glitches, but I can easily fix that.

I'm also going to avoid asking what space town is for, I assume you rather have me ignore it XD

20. Lustermx

Lustermx Veteran Veteran

So here's five mehish interiors

Link

You can edit and add it to the main town or wherever if you feel like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.