Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All your work is great~! Just thought you'd like to know that we (Yato, Indrah, and I) used them in a game recently! :) Looking forward to what else you put out!

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool, I'd love to see them in-game if you don't mind sharing!

Added reaper franken:
Bg7ng7K.png

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simpler slime, in the style of VX/Ace.
wOjuWVE.png

I was planning to post this later along with some other work, but school just started back up so I'm going to have to take a break for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkySurfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love the spider!!!  :D  Could you make a baby spiders to complete it?  :p

xXAinSophAurXx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I tried using the slime but it does not seem to be the right size. I tried it with !, $, !$, and even $! just hoping for it to work. 

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really? It's 144x192 (individual frames are the standard 48x48). It should work if you begin the filename with $

(So I've confirmed in-game that it's working fine. Maybe give some more details about what problem you're having?)

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hay man looks cool is there a link to downlode these things?

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is really awesome work! I love the Big Monster and will be looking forward to any other Sci-fi/modern sprites you tackle for a game I'm making :)

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are my items from the March 2016 Restaff.

Earth Golem:

rfCWej0.png

And a floating genie to go along with the walking genie:

5CnKtYA.png
MwCuU3I.png

Some people have suggested adding a lamp. I think this is a good idea but I'm not sure I've got the necessary talent for a complex animation. I'll play around with it though. My terms DO allow edits and sharing, so anyone is free to work on this and share the results.

Make sure to check out the rest of the amazing work in this month's Restaff release here:

Gobbocco

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hey man,  great work!

I'm a bit new to this software and have a little problem: Instead of the full size of a model, it only selects a little part of it when I try and use it in an event:

Does any of you now why it's like this?

Help skeleton.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gobbocco Somewhen in the process your file got the wrong filename. Single sprites need a $ at front, without it the editor expects the file to contain eight sprites and selects a smaller part.

Please follow the link to the starting point in my signature and scroll to the tips to learn more about using ! and $ in filenames of sprites

Edit: ninja'd

Gobbocco

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@Gobbocco Somewhen in the process your file got the wrong filename. Single sprites need a $ at front, without it the editor expects the file to contain eight sprites and selects a smaller part.

Please follow the link to the starting point in my signature and scroll to the tips to learn more about using ! and $ in filenames of sprites

Edit: ninja'd

Thanks! I read it all and it works now =) Great community

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a batch of monster templates, male and female.

HeDAinz.png

N6o1LcV.png
EjDz9E1.png

What the heck are these good for? Well, if you're an experienced artist, not much! The real artists around here run circles around me. (It's very humbling.) However, for the rest of us, templates make it easier to customize our own unique mobs. These monster heads have been placed on normal blank bodies (recolored to match, obvs) so that you can play dress-up with clothing and other generator resources.

With very minimal effort (just a quick recolor and copy/pasting the clothes from generator resources), you can do something like this:

LCZYuqA.png

The orc from VXA! Cool, right? And just to make him look a bit more like the VXA version I swapped his ears out and added a mouth:

FQanbZP.png

Nz4e

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All of these are so aweomse. Is there any chance or way for us to get SV (sideview) images of these so we could use them in the battle screen? That would be amazing. These sprites are just awesome though, they really are. Good job ! :)

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sideviews are a lot more difficult to do, and I'm not quite there yet in skill level. I think it's probably doable for the humanoids, and if I ever produce anything of acceptable quality it'll be posted here. But first, my next project is actually to make the down/damaged versions of all of my previous work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit
some test stuff. Empty for now. My other project (this project) needs more attention. The lagging really kicks up when I try to capture gameplay. ✨
Real-Time Battles, Pixel Filter, Animate Cursor & Menus & Windows | RPG Maker News #114

When your side job becomes more interesting than your dayjob and you think "do I quit again or finally actually do the same thing for more than five consecutive years..." I don't think I'll ever be able to say that though, I just cannot stick with one thing like you're 'supposed to'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mariumakter33