Challenge of The Pixel!

Which Team Had the best selection in you opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:ehappy: Welcome to the Challenge of The Pixel! :ohappy:
Key Point: This is to simply improve your skills. If you want to be a pixel artist then come on over and join in. The set up to this challenge is simple. The is a theme, a challenge, a canvas size, and a deadline. If you can commit to improving yourself then please come on over.

How it works: Each team will submit their sprites and we as the artist [and visitors are welcomed] will vote upon those sprites. the winner of the challenge will receive the trophy. Now with teams it adds more of a twist as you have to value the sprites all together rather than separate.

Voting: Voting will consist of 1 non changeable vote so be sure to pick wisely. The reason they will not be changeable is to ensure no one has been swayed by another, even though it is unlikely, better safe than sorry. This is also in place because with the consideration of prizes it has to be ensured that all is fair.

That's it for now, Enjoy!

:kaopride: Current Roster :kaopride:

Team 1:

Team 2:

Team 3:

:rock-left:Challenges:rock-right:

CHALLENGE 001
Theme - Palette Meltdown!

Challenge - Use 4 colors to create an object, this can be any object, i.e. chest, lamp, rock, ect...

Your 4 colors must consist of Black and White with 2 other colors of your choice.

Canvas Size - 32x32

Deadline - 24 Hours = 8am Central Time

Participants - @starlight dream -
@hiddenone -
@Iliketea -
@DianteC -
@SmashArt -
@Guiguimu -

CHALLENGE 002
Theme - NES RPG

Challenge - Make a classic RPG standard enemy with only base colors, no shading. [Example: A knight, mage, archer, etc...]

Canvas Size - 32x32

Deadline - 24 Hours = May 9 2018 1PM Central Time

@hiddenone -
@Iliketea - @DianteC -
@SmashArt -
@Guiguimu -
@alennor -
@kdovy -
@PhoenixX92 -

CHALLENGE 003
Theme - [So I wanted to make it a bit more interesting and fun as always] Emoji War!

Challenge - Make a battle ready emoji of one of these in mind: Mid evil Times, Feudal Era Japan, Steampunk, or Modern Times. [Yes, it can even be you :stache:]

Canvas Size - 24x24

Deadline - May 12 8pm Central Time. [I am changing the times to end later in the afternoon as I forgot to respect that people work, go to school, and have families as I do. My apologies for that.]

@hiddenone -
@Iliketea -
@DianteC -
@SmashArt -
@Guiguimu - @alennor -
@kdovy -
@PhoenixX92 -
@The Mighty Palm - @Thomas Smith -

[/USER]

CHALLENGE 004
Theme - Culinary Master Piece

Challenge - Make you favorite food.

Canvas Size - 32x32

Deadline - May 16 8pm Central Time.

Participants -
Team 1 -

Team 2 -

Team 3 -

[/USER]

CHALLENGE 005
Theme - Banner Mayhem

Challenge - Make a banner for the Challenge of The Pixel!

Canvas Size - 240x60

Deadline - May 21 8pm

Participants -
Team 1 -
Team 2 -
Team 3 -

[/USER]

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It'd be cool to show a list of previous challenges on the main post showcasing the art that was made for it once we've got some up!

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It'd be cool to show a list of previous challenges on the main post showcasing the art that was made for it once we've got some up!
Most def, That's the plan, so people can see what is actually happening here.

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Roger that!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi DianteC,

Normally we require any challenge/contest to get moderator/admin approval. Since this has no prize and therefore won't have the drama problems that some contests can have if the person in charge disappears, we're retroactively approving this one.

In the future, please contact us first though (you can directly PM me). In most cases with no prize, we'll probably approve anyway, but we want to make sure that we follow the rules across the board with this.

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi DianteC,

Normally we require any challenge/contest to get moderator/admin approval. Since this has no prize and therefore won't have the drama problems that some contests can have if the person in charge disappears, we're retroactively approving this one.

In the future, please contact us first though (you can directly PM me). In most cases with no prize, we'll probably approve anyway, but we want to make sure that we follow the rules across the board with this.
Understood, sorry about that. It didn't say much on the initial rules for this forum. But I'll be sure to inform you next time. But now that I have you, would a Pixel award cause any mishap? Nothing solid, just a simple pixel prize added next to their name via this post.

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sorry, I didn't mean the overall forum, but for the art forum itself, but I guess this is more of a channel within the forum. Poor wording haha. But a badge would be a good idea. That's what I'll do, thanks for the idea :thumbsup-left: you rock.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Should the monster be animated or just a single frame?
And is it a monster or an object? You said monster in the text but object in the spoiler:dizzy:

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, the text was an example, the spoiler is the real challenge, so an object. Also it doesn't have to be animated, just single frame stuff for now.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I noticed that I forgot that I was away to Hamburg all day tomorrow, so I had to make something real quick now.
So for now its something super simple, but next time I will make something more fancy.
So for now, here is a Ying&Yang rug.

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SmashArt Yea I figured a little sense of competition was needed.

@Iliketea That's quite alright. Looks awesome btw

Be sure to check often as I do make updates to the original post, but I'm unsure if it actually reaches out to anyone.

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thus far all participants have finished their projects. Now seeing as We want to do more and pull in more participants, we will have to vote and move on to the next challenge. Now please note that not all challenges will go back to back like this, but it seems as if everyone is having fun and want to move to the next thing.

Here is mine
A chest

All I need from you all is a vote to give the trophy to the winner of this challenge. So @SmashArt @Guiguimu @Iliketea Please vote as soon as possible. My Vote goes to @Guiguimu

Last edited:

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is my tiny bear ^^ It is really fun! Thank you for creating this challenge, @DianteC (and thank you!)
@SmashArt it looks really good! My vote goes to SmashArt! I also like @Iliketea art, but I'm a nature lover!
Both of you, amazing work!

@DianteC Your chest looks excellent! I like the fact that you made it open and closed and in two different views!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh boy~ I'm having such a hard time choosing, but I think I'll go with @Iliketea's piece. Love how it looks like a sketched drawing. :3

@Guiguimu Thank you! X3 I love yours that bear is so adorable, love it's pose!
@DianteC I have to agree with Guiguimu with yours, it's great that you involved so many angles!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Think of the potential now that picking up object is possible!
My first Video Scene - Kraken Art By @whtdragon -

Still needs work but its a start.
Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.
I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrozenEnder