Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys!
I want to test out a system that changes a single tile on the map with an event. By tile changing, I mean changing a tile into another tile from the same tileset (for example when unlocking parts of a map that were previously blocked). How can I do that?

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Typically you'd use an event for that, e.g. 2 pages:
  1. No condition, event blocks player.
  2. Condition Switch X is ON, event does not block player.
Otherwise, I think your options are limited to one of the following:
  • Have two nearly-identical tilesets then use the Change Tileset command; or
  • Find a plugin that lets you switch tiles out independently of their tileset.

Chocco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Either this :
1652873985759.png

Or by setting priority to "above" or "below" characters

1652874097069.png

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alternatively you can give the event Priority: Below characters or Above characters.

Or you can use a tile image (sheet B~E) and the event will use that tile's passability.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not blocking the player? With what event command?
No command. You're not wanting the event to do anything, you just want it for the tile image.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My understanding is that you want it so that you originally have an unpassable floor tile and then, after a particular thing happens, the floor tile is passable? If so, you don't need to change tiles. You can put an "invisible" event there that prevents the player from passing.

Page 1 has no image, and is set to trigger by Player Touch. I left the priority here Same as character as this will prevent the player from moving past it.

Page 2 is conditioned with a switch. You will need to turn on that switch in another event after whatever you want to happen happens to make the new area passable. But now the event is Below character so the player can pass over it. I put in a transfer on page 2, assuming it would take you to a new map. But if it's an area of the same map, you just leave the Contents area empty.

If you want the area blocked off by an object or an NPC, just use that as the image on Page 1.

Tile Pass 1.png

Tile Pass 2.png

edit: I'm still drinking coffee and waking up so if I've made a stupid mistake in this, forgive me please.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norfaiz03