Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Change Action Rating Variance 1.0
by TheTitan99

IntroductionChange the default Action Rating variance for enemies to anywhere from 1 (meaning no randomness) to 9 (any move on any turn.)Explanation
By default, when an enemy is selecting a move, they check what the Action Rating for their move list is, selecting the highest rated move that is currently usable... mostly. There is a 3 rate wiggle room, meaning if moves with ratings 6, 7, 8, and 9 are usable, 9 is most likely, but 7 and 8 can also happen. 6 you know for sure will NOT be selected, but 7 and 8 may happen.

This plugin lets you change that wiggle room. Set the plugin to "3", and it'll be how the default engine works as just explained. Set it to "2", and in the above scenario, moves 9 and 8 can be used, 6 and 7 will not be selected. Set it to "1", and only action 9 will ever be used.

The inverse is the same. Set it to "9", and the enemy move list will be completely random!

So, this plugin lets you make enemy AI's that are more (or less) predictable!

This plugin Overwrites the function Game_Enemy.prototype.selectAllActions. It should be compatible with any other plugin that doesn't also overwrite this function.

Script

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz139ehlnx4gw3c/TITAN_ChangeActionRating.js?dl=0

Notes- Made by me, TheTitan99, by modifying code made by RPG Maker staff.

- Free for commercial and non-commercial release. Thanks are welcome, but not needed.

- Feel free to edit and improve on this in any way you see fit. Not the best JS user myself, know this code could be made better.

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonypro18204