Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys!

I'm planning to use this menu developed by SunRndmDde:

But, here's the thing.

I want to change the actors bust whenever some itens are equipped.

i.e.: Whenever Actor1 equips a Fire Orb his bust image changes to the 'fireorb_image' file and when unequipped it will change to the 'empty_image' file.

Is that possible?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whosthat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 just had a quick look on the options the script offers and I haven´t found an option to change the pictures based on equipment.

Since I am not a scripter and generally don`t have any experience in modifieing JavaScript, I honestly can`t tell you if there is an easy way to implement this feature.

It`s probably also a question of how you want to use it:

If you just want to display one item at a time, e.g.  an fire orb OR a helmet, this might be possible.

However if you want to give the Player the opportunity to individuelly put together their equipment and then Display it on the bust, this could be really hard. Therefore you`d need a script similiar to those who display changes on charsets. Unfortunatelly I don`t know any script of that Kind for busts.

The only solution I can think of at the Moment only works if you only want to display a really small amount of equipment. (Oh and by the way it probably sounds so nooby that any scripter would like to imediatelly drag me to the "script tutorials" section for it :guffaw: ):

1.So you`ve set everything up as the help file of the script tells you.

2. Your character was already given the piece of equipment you want to display

3. Now, create a Paralell Process with a conditional branch that checks wheter actor X has equipt equipment Y

3. Then put the script command that changes an actors bust in the section that describes what happens if the conditional branch applys.

4. Repeat for other pieces of equipments/ characters 

Again that`s probably not the best solution but it`s the only one I can think of. It`s probably wise to wait for solutions suggested by other People I suppose

Arkaik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Whosthat, thanks for the effort, but i didn't understand it completely (English is no my first language :| ).

Btw, i think only @SumRndmDde could help me, since he did the plugin.

SumRndmDde

Follower of RNGesus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In order to change an Actor's bust mid-game, you would do:

$dataActors[x].ams_bs_bust = "filename";

inside of a script call.

Replace "x" with the Actor ID, and "filename" with the file name:

//Changes Actor ID 1's Bust to Happy.png
$dataActors[1].ams_bs_bust = "Happy";

How would you update this to fit with an Actor's bust?

I have no idea, but hopefully someone can figure out an effective method using this info. :)

Shinice

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Whosthat, thanks for the effort, but i didn't understand it completely (English is no my first language :| ).

Btw, i think only @SumRndmDde could help me, since he did the plugin.

@Whosthat said that if you only want to change the bust, it is possible. For the changing of charsets or sprites of your character, i think you need a separate plugin to do that.

Whosthat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In order to change an Actor's bust mid-game, you would do:

$dataActors[x].ams_bs_bust = "filename";

inside of a script call.

Replace "x" with the Actor ID, and "filename" with the file name:

//Changes Actor ID 1's Bust to Happy.png
$dataActors[1].ams_bs_bust = "Happy";

How would you update this to fit with an Actor's bust?

I have no idea, but hopefully someone can figure out an effective method using this info. :)

As a non - scripter I just have to ask: Would`nt it be possible to have a script call every time the Player uses the equip menu the e.g. Triggers a common Event which checks if the item Arkaik wants to Display via the busts is equipped and then Change the bust by using your script call?

Now I know that would mean editing your script and I neither no whether you want people to do so nor if it even is possible, but it would be interesting to know.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png
Happy Birthday, me!
Woops.
giphy.gif
Ack, I've got to make a script support thread... I hate doing it now; I feel like an annoyance to people. Especially because my questions are usually stupid. Or, at least I assume they are when I don't get any replies lol. Oh well, I'll just make it in the morning. No point doing it now if I'll be asleep.
Slowly working on directions and walking sprites. :kaoback:
mA1ETTy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
epicnighteagle